Aside from all the other reasons, Android smartphones have also become extremely popular due to their ability to be personalized to a large extent. Especially for someone who enjoys customizing their phones, it would be much more exciting if they could change the color of the text or message bubble on their Android device. Let’s find out whether and how it can be done.
How to Change Text Message Color on Android Phone
This article will guide you on changing the text message color on an Android. We will also learn what other customization options one can do in the messaging app.
1. Download a theme from the device’s theme store.
2. Apply it to change the colour of text messages.
Can You Change Text Message Color on Android?
No, it might not be able to possible to directly change the text message color on Android devices. However, with certain smartphone brands, you can change the theme which in turn changes the color of text messages on the device.
The following methods can help you customize the text message app and serve your purpose of personalizing the color of the text in messages. Do note that smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on Samsung S20 FE 5G, as shown in the illustrations below.
Method 1: Change Theme on Android Device
As we read, on most Android phones, the option to alter the color of the text message is notably absent. In this case, you can alter the phone theme and that will change the text and message bubble color. To change the theme, you can follow these steps.
1. Open Settings and tap on the Themes option in the list.
2. Choose a theme as preferred and tap on Download.
5. After the theme is downloaded, tap on the Apply button.
6. Finally, after the theme is changed, the color of text messages will also be changed.
Method 2: Use Third-Party Apps
You can use any of the third-party apps to specifically change the text color. In some tools, the feature to change the background of the app is also available.
Note: We do not endorse any such apps that offer such services; therefore, use these at your discretion.
Handcent Next SMS Messenger
The Handcent Next SMS Messenger app is an easy-to-use text messaging management tool with numerous customization options. Along with altering the theme, you can adjust the size and color of the font on the text message.
- Over 200 themes presently available
- You can also add Stickers, emojis, GIFs
- You can personalize colors, ringtones, LED colors, etc
To change the message bubble color using the Handcent Next SMS Messenger app:
1. Open the app and tap on the three horizontal lines.
2. Tap on the Home Icon settings
3. Now, tap on the Bubble icon and download the desired Bubble theme.
4. Apply it.
Also Read: 12 Best MMS Apps for Android
There are a few more third-party apps as well for customizing text messages available on the Play Store such as:
1. Textra SMS
The Textra SMS app provides personalization options and allows users to use design features. You can customize text message bubbles, and change the theme, In addition, you can scale the text size and use different emoji styles on the text.
- More than 180 design features are available in the app
- You can customize the display resolution and auto dark and light modes.
- Other features include animation styles, GIFs, MMS groups, scheduled text messages, and MMS forwarding.
2. Chomp SMS
- You can quickly reply to recipients including individual chats, groups etc, directly from notifications.
- It also supports SMS blocking, scheduled messages, and MMS
- The app is compatible with Android Wear
3. Mood SMS
As the name indicates, the Mood SMS app can help you customize text messages based on your mood. Some of them include emoji and sticker customization, theme switching, chat bubble style customization, and background customization.
- You can instantly access chat using the chat bubble
- It also indicates the number of unread messages
- You can change the basic theme of the messaging app
Also Read: 13 Best Animation Apps for Android
How to Change Message Bubble Color on Android
With Android 12 and Material UI, Google has taken customization to a whole new level. In response, certain smartphone brands have implemented Material UI features in their messaging apps. You can change the color of the message bubble on Android devices.
1. Open the Settings on the device.
2. Tap on the Wallpaper and style option.
3. Tap on Colour palette.
4. Choose any of the colour pallete as per your preference. You can choose Basic colours or Wallpaper colours across the apps.
5. Tap on Apply and the bubble color in the messages app will also be changed.
Also Read: Best Android Apps on Google Play Store
How to Change Green Messages to Blue Android
To change green messages on the app to blue, you can either change the theme or use third-party apps as discussed in this article. Simply use any of the apps and choose the blue color in the palette.
We know users love it when they feel free to personalize the device’s appearance according to their own wishes. Now that you have learned how to change text message color on Android devices, you can customize the messages app as you want. We hope you are satisfied with our guide. Thank you for reading. Please feel free to leave any queries or suggestions for us in the comments box below.