Updating your gender on Facebook allows you to represent yourself better and raise awareness about gender identity in the LGBTQ community. We will guide you through the steps to change your gender on Facebook, ensuring your profile reflects who you truly are. Let’s begin!
How to Change Gender on Facebook
When signing up for Facebook, providing personal details, including your gender identity is required. The great thing is, you can change it later if you want to. To learn how, continue reading this useful guide.
Can You Change Your Gender on Facebook Android?
Yes, it is indeed possible to change gender on Facebook. To do so, you can easily find the option to modify your gender in the gender section of your account profile settings.
Method 1: Change Gender on Facebook for Android
To change the gender option on Facebook, follow these steps:
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android device and log into your account.
2. Tap on three horizontal lines located at the top right corner.
3. Tap on your profile name and under the Details section, tap on the See your About info option.
4. Scroll down a little and tap on the Edit option located next to Gender.
5. Under the GENDER section, select the gender that suits you.
6. If you can’t find your gender, select More options to see all gender options.
7. Under MORE GENDER OPTIONS, tap on I identify as…
8. Search for your gender and once you find one, tap on it.
9. Lastly tap on the Save option to confirm your changes.
Method 2: Change Gender on Facebook for PC
Follow these steps to change the gender on your Facebook PC:
1. Open the Facebook application on your desktop, and click on your name from the top left corner.
2. Click on About and open the Contact and basic info tab.
3. Find the Basic info menu and click on the pencil icon next to your gender name.
4. Click on the down arrow icon to see all available options and select your gender.
5. And if you couldn’t see the gender that describes you, click on More options.
6. In the Gender search box, enter your custom gender.
7. Lastly, click on the Save tab.
Also Read: How to Change Facebook Messenger Password
How Many Gender Options Facebook Have?
On Facebook, you can see 58-59 gender options. These are the following gender options identified:
- Cis Male
- Cis Female
- Cis Man
- Cis Woman
- Cisgender Female
- Cisgender Male
- Cisgender Woman
- Cisgender Man
- Cisgender Male
- Female to Male
- Gender Nonconforming
- Gender Questioning
- Gender Fluid
- Gender Variant
- Male to Female
- Trans* Female
- Trans Female
- Trans Man
- Trans Male
- Trans* Man
- Trans Person
- Trans Woman
- Trans* Woman
- Transgender Female
- Transgender Male
- Transgender Person
- Transgender Man
- Transgender Woman
- Transsexual Male
- Transsexual Female
- Transsexual Man
- Transsexual Woman
- Transsexual Person
We hope this article was helpful for you and you have learned how to change gender on Facebook. If you still have any queries or suggestions, drop them in the comments section given below. Keep visiting our page for more helpful and interesting articles.