Are you tired of your plain background on LinkedIn? Well, you can enhance your profile’s appeal and make a lasting impression by personalizing it. In this guide, we’ll talk about the same in detail and explore the simple steps to help you change your LinkedIn background.
How To Change Background on LinkedIn
You can give your LinkedIn profile a fresh and professional look. With a customized background, you can showcase your personality and stand out from the crowd. To do so, follow these easy steps:
1. Open the LinkedIn app on your Android device and tap on your Profile from the top left corner of the screen.
2. Next, tap on View profile.
3. Now, tap on the Camera icon appearing in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Add a picture by capturing it right away or you can use a picture from your gallery as well.
5. Make the changes to the picture you captured or uploaded. You can also add filters to the photo.
6. Finally, tap on Apply, and the photo your photo will be uploaded.
This picture will work as the background of your LinkedIn profile. You can follow the same steps to change the background of your profile.
Can I Use Any Photo as My LinkedIn Background?
Generally, it is suggested that one should avoid using Google Images on LinkedIn because most of them are copyrighted images. Thus, using such an image is prohibited by the law. If you have the permission of the creator then you can use the copyrighted images otherwise we recommend you avoid using such images. You can create your picture or change it and use it on LinkedIn as this is the safest way to add a photo to your LinkedIn background.
Does LinkedIn Background Matter?
It’s very important to use your Background image wisely as it helps in keeping your profile interesting and also highlights your accomplishments in your professional life. You must refine and finalize your background image according to the standards of the platform. LinkedIn Background matters for the following reasons.
1. First Impression: You can alter your first impression based on your LinkedIn background. The visitor can try to understand you by just looking at the Background you use. Background creation is important in LinkedIn as it saves time for the visitor and simultaneously impresses them.
2. Professionalism: LinkedIn profile is an extended version of your professional personality. If the background image lacks quality, then every person who views it will have a similar impression of you.
3. Attention to Detail: Choosing a Background on LinkedIn is very important as it reflects that you care about how you present yourself to others.
4. Personal Branding: LinkedIn background reflects your style and personality. This is extremely helpful if you’re looking to make a connection within a specific industry.
Also Read: How to Change Xbox One Background with Phone
What Color Background is Best for LinkedIn?
A neutral-colored background like white, beige, or light blue looks the best. If you are thinking of changing your LinkedIn background, then white goes best with the black color headshot because there is a lot of difference in the tone between faces and backgrounds.
Neutral backgrounds do not distract the viewers from the main content and help them to know you more by focusing on your skill set. You can experiment with other colors if you wish to stand out from the crowd.
Other colors like navy blue, Grey, black, and olive green work well with LinkedIn backgrounds but it’s important to choose a color that adds value to your overall profile.
With the help of our guide, we hope that you now know how to change your background on LinkedIn. Take a few minutes to make your profile visually appealing. Select an appropriate background and create a strong first impression to increase your chances of connecting with the right opportunities. For more, drop your queries in the comment section below.