Have you ever wanted to cancel your pending invitation request for a connection on LinkedIn? If so, you’re not alone. If the recipient hasn’t responded yet, you can easily withdraw your invitation to connect with other members or join Pages or Events. This guide will walk you through the steps on how to withdraw or cancel a connect request on the LinkedIn app and website.
5 Simple Steps to Cancel Connect Request on LinkedIn App
The following invitation requests can be withdrawn:
- Invitation to connect to other people on LinkedIn
- Invitation to other people to join LinkedIn pages
- Invitation to other LinkedIn members to join events
You can easily withdraw or cancel pending or sent connection requests on the LinkedIn mobile app by following these steps in the My Network section. This guide specifically explains how to withdraw invitations using the Android app.
1. Open the LinkedIn application on your mobile and Sign in with your LinkedIn account credentials.
2. Tap on the My Network tab from the bottom panel.
3. Then, tap on Invitations.
4. Next, tap on the Sent tab to cancel the connect request you have sent from the LinkedIn app.
5. Tap on Withdraw next to the desired connection request to cancel it.
So, it is how to withdraw a sent invitation on the LinkedIn mobile app.
Also Read: How To Delete Contact in LinkedIn
How to Cancel Connect Request in LinkedIn Desktop?
Canceling connect requests on LinkedIn through the desktop version is a matter of a few steps. Continue reading to learn how.
1. Visit the LinkedIn Sign in page on your browser and Sign in with your account credentials.
2. Click on the My Network tab present at the top of the screen.
3. Then, click on See all or Manage invitations, as shown below.
4. Switch to the Sent tab and click on Withdraw next to the desired invitation request sent by you.
5. Click on Withdraw again from the confirmation popup to ensure the cancellation of invitation.
How to Withdraw LinkedIn Requests in Bulk?
Presently, there is no such option to withdraw sent LinkedIn connection requests or invitations in bulk on the LinkedIn mobile app or website. If you have sent invites to multiple people, the only way to cancel all is by withdrawing them one by one.
Also Read: How to Bypass LinkedIn Connection Limit
If You Withdraw an Invitation on LinkedIn, Will They Know?
No, the other person will not be notified by LinkedIn if you withdraw an invitation. After an invitation is withdrawn, the person stops receiving further emails about accepting your invitation. However, they do not receive a notification stating that you have withdrawn your invitation.
Note: If the recipient has accepted your invitation request and is presently one of your connections, you can still remove them as a connection without blocking them.
We expect that this article has provided valuable guidance on how to cancel a connect request on the LinkedIn app. Effectively managing pending requests is crucial for maximizing your engagement within the professional community. Share any doubts or suggestions in the comment section below. Further, stay updated with our website for additional insightful tutorials.