The bass part of the audio provides harmonic and rhythmic support to the band called the bassline. The music you hear in your Windows 10 system will not be effective if the bass of headphones and speakers is not at its optimum level. If the bass of headphones and speakers in Windows 10 is drastically low, you need to turn it up. For different levels of pitch values, you need to use an equalizer to adjust the volume. An alternative way is to boost up the frequency of the associated audio content. So, if you are looking to do so, you are at the right place. We bring a perfect guide on how to boost the bass of headphones and speakers in Windows 10.
Boost the Bass of Headphones and Speakers in Windows 10
Here are some easy ways to boost the bass of headphones and speakers in Windows 10.
Method 1: Use Windows Built-In Equalizer
Let’s see how to boost the bass of headphones and speakers using the Windows 10 in-built equalizer:
1. Right-click on the volume icon at the bottom right corner of the Windows 10 taskbar and select Sounds.
2. Now, switch to the Playback tab as shown.
3. Here, select a playback device (like Speakers or Headphones) to modify its settings and click on Properties button.
4. Now, switch to the Enhancements tab in the Speakers Properties window as depicted below.
5. Next, click on the desired enhancement and select Settings… to modify the audio quality. Here are some key points that will help you boost the bass of headphones and speakers in the Windows 10 system to the optimum level:
- Bass Boost enhancement: It will boost the lowest of frequencies that the device can play.
- Virtual Surround enhancement: It encodes surround audio for transfer as stereo output to receivers, with the help of a Matrix decoder.
- Loudness Equalization: This feature uses the understanding of human hearing to reduce perceived volume differences.
- Room Calibration: It is used to maximize audio fidelity. Windows can optimize the sound settings on your computer to adjust for speaker and room characteristics.
Note: Headsets, close-talks, or shotgun microphones are inappropriate for room calibration.
6. We suggest you checkmark “Bass Boost” then click on the Settings button.
7. After you click on the Settings button, you can change the Frequency and Boost Level for the Bass Boost effect according to your specifications.
8. If you installed the Realtek HD Audio device drivers, the above steps would be different, and instead of the Bass Boost option you need to checkmark “Equalizer“. Click Apply, but don’t close the Properties window.
9. Under the Sound Effect Properties window, select “Bass” from the Settings drop-down. Next, click on the triple-dot icon next to the Settings drop-down.
10. This will open a small equalizer window, using which you can change the boost levels for various frequency ranges.
Note: Make sure you play any sound or music as you change the boot levels for different frequency ranges because the sound will change in real-time as you boost levels.
11. Once you’re done with the changes, click on the Save button. If you don’t like these changes, you can simply click on the “Reset” button and everything will be back to the default settings.
12. Finally, once you are done adjusting the settings of desired enhancement features, click Apply followed by OK. Thus, the bass of headphones and speakers in Windows 10 will be boosted now.
Also Read: Fix No sound from headphones in Windows 10
Method 2: Update Sound Driver using Device Manager
Updating the Sound Driver to the latest version will help boost the bass of headphones and speakers in the Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps to update Sound Driver using Device Manager:
1. Press and hold Windows + X keys simultaneously.
2. Now, a list of options will be displayed on the left side of the screen. Navigate to Device Manager and click on it as depicted below.
3. By doing so, the Device Manager window will be displayed. Search for Sound, video, and game controllers in the left menu and double click on it.
4. The Sound, video, and game controllers tab will be expanded. Here, double-click on your audio device.
5. A new window will pop up. Navigate to the Driver tab as shown below.
6. Finally, click on Update Driver and click on OK.
7. In the next window, the system will ask your choice to continue updating the driver automatically or manually. Select either of the two as per your convenience.
Method 3: Update Sound Driver using Windows Update
Regular Windows updates help keep all the drivers and OS updated. Since these updates & patches have already been tested, verified, and published by Microsoft, there are no risks involved. Implement given steps to update audio drivers using the Windows Update feature:
1. Click on the Start icon at the bottom left corner and select Settings, as seen here.
2. The Windows Settings screen will pop up. Now, click on Update & Security.
3. From the left-hand menu, click on Windows Update.
4. Now click on Check for updates button. If the updates are available, make sure to download and install the latest Windows updates.
During the update process, if your system has outdated or corrupted audio drivers, they will be removed & replaced with latest versions automatically.
Method 4: Use Third-Party Software
If you are unable to boost the bass of headphones and speakers in Windows 10, you can use third-party software to do it automatically. Some flexible third-party software includes:
- Equalizer APO
- FX Sound
- Bass Treble Booster
- Boom 3D
- Bongiovi DPS
Let us now discuss each of these in some detail so that you can make an informed choice.
Apart from bass improvement features, Equalizer APO offers a vast variety of filters and equalizer techniques. You can enjoy unlimited filters and highly customizable bass boost options. You can access any number of channels using Equalizer APO. It also supports the VST plugin. Because its latency and CPU usage is very low, it is favored by many users.
If you are looking for a straightforward method to boost the bass of headphones and speakers on your Windows 10 laptop/desktop, you can try FX Sound software. It provides optimization techniques for low-quality audio content. Moreover, it is very simple to navigate because of its user-friendly, easy-to-understand interface. In addition, it has fantastic fidelity and ambiance adjustments that will help you create and save your own presets with ease.
Bass Treble Booster
Using Bass Treble Booster, you can adjust the frequency range from 30Hz to 19K Hz. There are 15 different frequency settings with drag and drop support. You can even save the custom EQ settings in your system. It supports multiple levels for boosting the bass of headphones and speakers on Windows 10 PC. Additionally, this software has provisions for converting audio files like M4B, MP3, AAC, FLAC to any file type you desire.
You can adjust the frequency settings to accurate levels with the help of Boom 3D. It has its own Internet Radio feature; thus, you can access 20,000 radio stations over the internet. The advanced audio player feature in Boom 3D supports 3-Dimensional Surround Sound and enhances the audio experience greatly.
Bongiovi DPS supports a deep bass frequency range with a wide range of audio profiles available with V3D Virtual Surround Sounds. It also offers Bass & Treble Spectrum Visualization techniques so that you can enjoy immense pleasure in listening to your favorite songs with an optimum bass level in your Windows 10 system.
- Fix No Sound From Laptop Speakers
- How to Boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10
- Fix Graphics Card Not Detected on Windows 10
- How to use the Equalizer in Groove Music in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to boost the bass of headphones and speakers in Windows 10. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, feel free to drop them in the comments section.