In professional networking, a LinkedIn post serves as your platform for sharing insights and ideas. But how can you make sure your message stands out on the screen and connects with your audience? The key lies in mastering the art of using bold text. In this tutorial, let’s discover how to effectively use bold text in a LinkedIn post on mobile and PC to enhance your message’s impact.
How to Bold Text on a LinkedIn Post
You can enhance your LinkedIn post by using text formatting styles like bold, italics, underlining, and bullet points. Creating an attractive format is important on LinkedIn as it helps grab the attention of potential employers and companies that interest you.
To bold text in your LinkedIn post using the mobile app, follow these steps:
1. Open the LinkedIn app on your smartphone.
Note: Make sure that you are signed in to your LinkedIn account.
2. On your Profile, swipe down to the Activity section.
3. Tap on Create a post.
4. Write the desired text and place asterisks (*) at the start and end of it, as shown.
Note: The text will be bold once you publish the post.
5. Tap on Post to publish it and see your text in bold.
Note: Other than bolding your text, you can also italicize or underline them.
- To italicize a piece of text, write it between two underscore (_) symbols.
- To underline a piece of text, write it between two plus (+) symbols.
How to Bold Text in LinkedIn Posts on PC?
The post editor of LinkedIn on a browser does not have a formatting bar. Hence, you might struggle to bold or italicize text on your posts. Follow the steps given below to bold your text on a LinkedIn post on your desktop.
1. Visit the LinkedIn Sign in page on your browser and Sign in with your account credentials.
2. Click on the Start a post text box.
3. Write and select the desired text.
4A. Then, press the Ctrl + B key combination on your keyboard.
Note: This is the standard key combination for bolding a piece of text in any text editor.
4B. Alternatively, write the desired text you want to bold between two asterisks (*).
Note: The formatting style might not be visible while you are editing, but it will reflect once you publish the post.
Also Read: How to Use Emojis on LinkedIn
We expect that this comprehensive guide has assisted you in understanding how to bold text on LinkedIn posts on both mobile and PC. Now, you can convey your thoughts with impact and make your voice heard on this platform. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section, and stay tuned for more insightful articles!