When it comes to modern-day effects, Blur is the new trendy aesthetic.
We know Instagram keeps adding those smart elements that jazz up your photos in multiple ways and one of them is the blur effect.
However, as its built-in editor is limited to posts only, the question arises – how to blur a photo or its background on an Instagram story within the app? Don’t worry, we will help you do that.
How to Blur a Photo on Instagram Story
Blurring photos can be very useful when you want to hide some personal details or just want your face to be in focus and not the background.
Although there is no direct editing feature to blur stories, there are multiple effects on Instagram that can tweak your pictures, and give the same aesthetic look. Here’s how to use one of them:
1. Open Instagram and swipe right to open the STORY camera.
2. Swipe left on the filters till you find the Browse effects option. Tap on it and search for the Blur effect.
3. Choose one of them as preferred. We have chosen Always blurred by aida.creator.
4. Now click a picture or upload one from the camera roll, tap on the effects icon at the top, and use the saved blur effect.
5. Tap on Done at the top right corner and finally share the story.
How to Blur a Face on Instagram Story
Blurring face on your Instagram story is not so different from the previous steps. Only the effect you’re going will be different.
1. Search for the Face Blur effect in the Browse effects option.
2, Pick your preferred effect and save it. We are using face blur by betterthanlovingu.
3. Click a photo or select one from the camera roll, tap on the effects icon, and select the saved blur face effect to apply it.
4. Tap on Done and then share it.
Also Read: How to Make a Sticker for Instagram Story
How to Blur Background on Instagram Story
You can also choose to blur the background of your photos to give them a more professional appearance. Here’s how:
1. Search for the Blur Background effect using the Browse effects option.
2. Choose one as your preference. Here we are using the blur background by mihailv_photos effect.
3. Capture a photo or pick one from your camera roll whose background you want to blur.
4. Now, tap on the effects icon at the top and select the background blur effect to apply it. Tap on Done.
How Do You Blur Part of a Story on Instagram
While there is no particular feature or effect to blur a part of your Instagram story, you can use Instagram GIF stickers for this purpose.
1. Click a picture or select one from your camera roll to upload as a story.
2. Tap on the Stickers icon on the top right, tap on GIF, and then type Blur in the search bar.
3. Select the one according to your choice and apply it to the part where you want to blur.
Now that you know how to blur photos on Instagram stories can have multiple purposes, you can easily hide personal details and even direct the audience’s attention to specific elements within the image.
If you have any queries or suggestions, do let us know in the comments and stay tuned to TechCult for more such guides.