YouTube is the second largest search engine with millions of loyal users worldwide. You can easily watch live streams or other video content on the platform. There is something for everyone on YouTube. The users prefer watching content on YouTube than any other platform as it is a great source of entertainment. However, one annoying thing about YouTube is the ads that pop up while you are watching a video. We understand that with the help of these ads, the YouTube creators are making money, but what annoys us is the number of ads we have to see while watching a video. Therefore, to fix this annoying problem for everyone, we have a guide on how to block YouTube ads that you can follow to get rid of unwanted ads on YouTube.
How to Block Annoying YouTube Ads with Single click
Reasons to Block YouTube Ads
The only reason why users prefer to block annoying ads on YouTube is to get a better content streaming experience on the platform without any interference. The duration of these ads can be from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, which is frustrating when you get multiple ads in a single video.
4 Ways to Block Annoying YouTube Ads
Method 1: Get YouTube Premium
If you wish to get rid of annoying YouTube ads, then you can go for a YouTube Premium subscription. With YouTube Premium, you will not receive any ads while you are watching a video. Moreover, you can also play your YouTube playlist or any other video in the background with YouTube premium.
Furthermore, you get a smoother experience with many features like premium YouTube music and gaming. You also have the option of downloading your favorite YouTube videos.
The premium subscription plans are pretty affordable, and it starts from Rs129/month. You can also opt for a free trial. For the pricing details, you can click here.
Method 2: Use Chrome Extension
There are several third-party extensions available on the chrome browser that you can use for blocking the ads on YouTube videos. One such extension is Adblock for YouTube that you can install from the Chrome web store.
1. Open your Chrome browser and head to the Chrome web store.
2. Type Adblock for YouTube in the search bar and click on the extension from the search results.
3. Tap on Add to Chrome.
4. Click on Add extension to install it.
5. After successfully adding the extension, you can pin it next to your extension icon to easily access it to block the ads on YouTube.
6. Now, play the YouTube video.
7. Finally, click on the extension from the top-right corner of your window screen and turn the toggle on for adblocking.
That’s it; this Chrome extension will block the annoying ads for you, and you can watch the videos without any interference.
Method 3: Use the URL hack to block ads
A tried and tested trick to block YouTube ads is the URL trick. This trick involves adding a period symbol in the URL address of the video that you are watching on YouTube. This is an impressive hack that you can use if you are wondering how to block YouTube ads with a simple URL trick. To use this hack, you can follow the procedure below.
- Usually, the URL address of anything that you watch on YouTube looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch? […]
- All you have to do is add a period (.) symbol right after youtube.com.
- Your new URL address will look like this: https://www.youtube.com./watch? […]
When you add a period symbol in the URL address of the video that you wish to watch, you will no longer receive any annoying ads while you watch the video. However, you will only be able to use this hack on the desktop version of YouTube. If you wish to use the URL hack on your phone, you will have to enable the desktop site option on your browser. To enable the desktop site, open Google Chrome > tap on three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen > Select Desktop site.
Method 4: Use ViewPure website
Another alternative that you can use if you don’t know how to block YouTube ads, is by using the ViewPure website. This website allows users to easily watch any YouTube video without any interruptions or ads in between. Follow these steps to use the ViewPure website.
1. Open your browser and head to the ViewPure website.
2. Open YouTube and copy the URL of the video that you wish to watch without any ads.
3. Now, paste the URL of the YouTube video in the search bar on the ViewPure website that says ‘Enter YouTube URL or search term.’
4. Finally, tap on Purify and watch your video without any ads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it legal to block YouTube ads?
It is not illegal to block YouTube ads, and the users can use ad-blocking extensions to prevent seeing the ads in between YouTube videos. But, users do not have the right to interfere with the publisher’s right to serve or restrict access to copyright content on the platform.
Q2. How do I block YouTube ads on Chrome?
To block YouTube ads on the Chrome browser, you can use an Ad-blocking extension called ‘Adblock for YouTube’ or any other extension that you can find on the Chrome web store. You can also use the URL hack to block YouTube ads.
- How to Block and Unblock a Website on Google Chrome
- How To Make Video Calls On Telegram
- 9 Ways to Fix Message Not Sent Error on Android
- How to Stop Pop-up Ads on Android
We hope our guide on How to block YouTube ads was helpful, and you were able to get rid of the annoying ads on YouTube videos. If you liked the article, let us know in the comments below.