Do you want to add Perk points to Fallout 4 but don’t know how? In this guide, we are going to explain some easy ways to add Perk points in Fallout 4.
What is a Perk Point in Fallout 4?
Bethesda Game Studios created Fallout 4 as an action role-playing game. It is the fourth title in the Fallout series, which has included and improved the skill organization of previous editions.
Whenever your character in the game crosses a level, they earn a perk point.
Why Should I Add Perk Points in Fallout 4?
As the game levels up, the opponents get harder to beat. This is where adding perk points help.
The perk points thus accumulated can be used to
- Either upgrade your in-game skills and abilities
- Or to purchase one of the SPECIAL perks.
This would increase your chances of winning.
How to Add Perk Points in Fallout 4
Now, let us look at some easy ways to add Perk points in fallout 4.
Method 1: Use the Level Up
Some of the best and the quickest ways to level up your character and earn Perk points in Fallout 4 are listed below.
- Make use of the Barter Skill and use words rather than guns.
- Fight and slay your opponents.
- Pick all the locks you find.
- Make changes to your existing Equipment and/or create new ones.
- Establish Settlements.
- Complete the Learning Curve Quest.
- Play as many Farm Side Quests as you can.
- Become a member of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Utilize Idiot Savant or Intelligence Stat
Also Read: Fix Fallout 4 Mods Not Working
Method 2: Use the Console Commands
Using Console Commands in the game is an easy and convenient method to add Perks in Fallout 4. Let’s see how to execute these commands:
Option 1: Adding a particular Perk
1. Set the system language to EU (US..)
2. Launch Fallout 4.
3. Now, open the game console by pressing the ~ key on the keyboard.
4. In the console, type help “perk_name” 4.
5. This command will display the ID code of that particular Perk.
6. Type player.addperk ID_code, then press Enter.
Now, the Perk with that ID code will be added to your account.
Option 2: Adding Perk points
1. Set the system language to EU (US..) and launch Fallout 4 as before.
3. Launch the game console by pressing the ~ key on the keyboard.
4. Type CGF “Game.AddPerkPoints”<desired_number> in the console.
The desired number of Perk points will be added to your game.
Note: If you are unable to add Perks with the help of console commands directly, you need to use Fallout 4 Script Extender, also known as F4SE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. How do you get Perk points in Fallout 4?
The player character gains a Perk point every time they level up. This point can be used to raise the rank of a major SPECIAL attribute or to purchase one of the SPECIAL perks.
Q3. How can I unlock all Perks in Fallout 4?
You earn one Perk at every level of a total of 275 available perks, including individual ranks and “training” Perks that boost their corresponding SPECIAL stat. You must decide whether to specialize your character and pursue those high-level benefits or to turn them into a jack-of-all-trades.
- How to Run Fallout 3 on Windows 10?
- Fix Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory error
- How to Disable Discord Overlay
- Fix Tumblr Blogs only opening in Dashboard Mode
We hope you were able to add Perks in Fallout 4 after going through our guide. If you have any suggestions/queries, feel free to drop them in the comments box.