Spotify has been widely recognized for its seamless integration with Facebook, allowing users to add and share music with their friends. However, what if you or your friend do not have a Facebook account? Or perhaps you prefer to keep your listening preferences separate from your social media profile? Then, in this article, let’s discuss how to find friends on Spotify without Facebook.
Table of Contents
How to Find Friends on Spotify Without Facebook
Spotify offers alternative ways to add friends and build connections directly on the platform. It’s time to connect and discover new music enthusiasts within the community. Make new friends, share playlists, and collaborate on music without the need for a Facebook account. Follow the methods listed below:
Method 1: Add Friends with Spotify Username
If you know your friend’s username on Spotify, you can add them easily on the platform. In case the username is too common, it is possible that you might not find the exact account. However, you can still follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Spotify and tap on the search icon at the bottom.
2. Type in spotify:user:username in the search bar (replace username with your friend’s actual username) and hit the Search button.
3. Click the Follow button to add them as a friend.
Also Read: 9 Ways to Get Spotify Premium Free Forever
Method 2: Search and Add Friends
If you have your friends’ Spotify account username, you can also search for them directly in the app. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open Spotify and tap on the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter your friends’ username in the search field.
3. Tap on Profiles from the top navigation.
4. Find the correct profile and tap the Follow button to add them
Method 3: Spotify Profile Link
If you don’t have your friend’s username or still you did not find their exact account, it is better to ask them for the link to their Spotify profile or you can share your profile link with them. Follow the undermentioned steps:
1. Open Spotify and tap on the gear icon (Settings) at the top right corner.
2. Tap on your profile name followed by the three vertical dots. Select Share.
3. Choose the sharing method or social media platform on which you want to share the link and send it.
Once they receive the profile link, they need to tap on it to redirect them to your Spotify profile. The same goes if they share their profile link with you.
Also Read: Can Two Friends Get Spotify Duo?
Method 4: Adding Friends Using Shared Playlists
Here’s a nifty way to add friends on Spotify without Facebook. If you cannot ask them for their profile link, just ask them to share any of their public playlist link with you.
1. Once you receive the playlist link, just tap on it. You’ll see the playlist and your friend’s username.
2. Tap on their username and hit Follow to add them as a friend.
Recommended: 13 Best Spotify Playlist Downloader
We hope this guide has helped you learn how to add friends on Spotify without Facebook. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments box below. For more such tips and tricks, stay connected to TechCult.