Truecaller is one of the best caller ID and spam-blocking apps that will save you from prank or spam calls by letting you know the name of the caller beforehand. It can be a great way to get someone’s caller ID until you have to reveal your own identity. If you don’t want to reveal your identity to anyone, we can help you out with that. In this article, we will talk about how to get your number unlisted and removed from Truecaller. So, keep reading!
How Do I Get My Number Unlisted and Removed from TrueCaller
If you have an account on Truecaller, you have an idea of how easy it is to identify an unknown number or caller. It’s all fun and games until you realise that other Truecaller users can see your name and location as well. Unlisting your number on Truecaller is a simple task if you follow the right steps. Before proceeding, note that you can only unlist your phone number from Truecaller via the website after deactivating your account from the app.
Here are the steps to deactivate your Truecaller account.
1. First open your Truecaller app
2. Once you are in the app, tap on the Profile at the top left corner.
3. Next, tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner.
4. Next, in the Settings section, tap on Privacy Center.
5. Tap on Deactivate to continue deactivating your account.
6. In the confirmation box, tap YES to confirm your deactivation.
With these steps, your Truecaller account should be deactivated and now we can proceed to unlist your number via Truecaller official website. For that, follow the given steps.
1. Go to Truecaller Unlisting Portal.
2. Next, enter your phone number along with the country code.
3. Complete the captcha and tap or click on Unlist button.
4. Now, click on Unlist again in the prompt.
You have now successfully applied for your phone number to be unlisted on Truecaller. This procedure could take up to 24 hours, after which your phone number will be removed from the platform. You can uninstall the Truecaller app if you want to at this point and reinstall it.
If you encounter any issues while trying to remove your contact number from Truecaller, you can always contact the support team for assistance.
Can I Use Truecaller After Unlisting My Number?
Yes, you can definitely use Truecaller even after unlisting your number from it. You can always create a new account with the same number, and in that new account, you get to choose any name you want. After changing to a new account and adding a new name, you are free to choose however you like it, as you will have the upper hand because you will know the caller ID of unknown people while they will see a name that might not be yours. You can now protect yourself from unwanted conversations and have control over your mobile identity.
What Happens After Unlisting Number from Truecaller?
There can be several reasons why you might want to unlist your number on Truecaller, but you should know exactly what happens after unlisting the number from Truecaller. Here’s what you lose by unlisting your number.
- People won’t know when you are calling.
- The unlisting process can’t be reversed.
- No spam protection or caller identification will be available.
- There is no reason to investigate why someone called you.
- No one signs in to third-party apps.
How Can I Hide My Number in Truecaller?
Millions of people use Truecaller because it helps them see the caller ID of the person who is calling them, even if the number has not been saved in their phone book and it’s a stranger. You might want to hide your personal information from strangers, and that’s understandable. You can hide or update your account anytime you want by following the steps mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is Truecaller a privacy risk?
Ans. No, Truecaller is completely safe. They claim that they don’t sell their user names or phone numbers to any third parties and in order to maintain their freemium subscription service, Truecaller collaborates with advertising partners but they wouldn’t sell your data.
Q2. Which app is better than Truecaller?
Ans. If you want to know which app is better than Truecaller, then it would be Drupe. No doubt, Truecaller is one of the most trusted and popular caller ID apps out there but Drupe is also one of the best alternatives to Truecaller because of its features which are similar to Truecaller.
- Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Anteater
- Why Do Some Snapchat Messages Not Disappear?
- 10 Ways to Fix Android Phone Not Receiving Calls
- What Happens When Someone Calls You on Airplane Mode?
We hope that you enjoyed this article and that now you have an idea of how do I get my number unlisted and removed from TrueCaller. You can comment down your queries if any and do not forget to add your suggestions in the comment section below.