Instagram allows users to share moments and memories in real-time, but what if you want to share a post from the past? Backdating Instagram posts is a common request from users who want to showcase older content or maintain a specific chronological order on their profile. In this brief guide, we’ll explore the concept of backdating Instagram posts.
How Can You Backdate Instagram Posts
No, you cannot backdate your Instagram post. You can’t backdate your Instagram post because there isn’t a feature to change the date of your post yet. However, you have the option to delete or re-upload your Instagram post. Changing the date and time of your Instagram is beyond your control because these parameters are controlled by Instagram’s servers automatically.
How Can You Put the Current Date on Your Instagram Story?
Following below are the steps through which you can put the current date on your Instagram story:
1. Launch the Instagram application on your Android and iOS devices.
2. Swipe from the left of the screen to the right to reveal the Instagram camera screen.
3. Take a picture or record a video with the help of the Record icon.
4. Then, tap on the Aa option to enter the current date.
5. Type the current date and choose the desired, size, color, indent, etc.
6. Tap on the arrow icon > Share option to share the created story.
Also Read: How to Use Shazam Song on Instagram
How Can You Arrange Your Instagram Feed in Chronological Order?
After you know can you backdate instagram posts Following below are the steps through which you can arrange your Instagram feed in chronological order:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Instagram logo from the Home tab.
3. Then, tap on Following.
4. Form here, you can see all the posts from the IG profiles you follow in the recent chronological order (i.e. the recently uploaded will be on the top).
How Can You Rearrange Posts on Instagram after Posting?
First, you need to delete your posts to rearrange posts on Instagram after posting. Follow these steps to learn how to do that:
1. Open Instagram and navigate to the desired post you want to delete.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the post.
3. Tap on the Delete option from the menu.
4. Tap on Delete from the confirmation popup.
5. Go back to your profile screen and tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
6. Now, tap on Your activity.
7. Swipe down and tap on Recently deleted.
8. Tap on the deleted post you want to recover.
Note: If you still can’t find your posts, contact Instagram support or check your archive folder. It will also help you backdate Instagram posts in a certain way.
9. Now, tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
10. Tap on Restore.
11. Again, tap on Restore from the pop-up.
Read this article from the start to learn if can you backdate Instagram posts.
How Can You Backdate a Story on Instagram?
It is not possible to directly backdate an Instagram story, but you can change the date with the help of the following steps:
1. Launch Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > hamburger icon > Archive.
3. Tap on the drop-down option > Stories archive.
4. Tap on the desired archived story which you want to backdate.
5. Tap on Share from the bottom of the screen.
6. Then, tap on the Aa option to enter the desired date.
7. Enter the date and tap on Done.
8. Tap on the arrow icon > Share to share the story with the past date mentioned in it.
Recommended: How to Change Profile Picture on Instagram
We hope that you learned about how can you backdate Instagram posts. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.