Thanks to its electrifying gameplay, vivid graphics, and lively action, Fortnite is famous among gamers globally. However, if you’ve come across error code 30005 while playing Fortnite, you know how annoying it can be. It may stop you from joining games or logging in. With that being said, let us explore what this error code means and try to provide some practical solutions to help you get back into the game as quickly as possible.
Table of Contents
Fortnite Error Code 30005
Fortnite error code 30005 means that players may experience an Easy Anti-Cheat error when there is a problem with the game’s anti-cheat system. Usually, the error message: Easy Anti-Cheat system failed to generate a file that was required for the game to function properly, pops up. So, if you are struggling with the same, keep reading to find out its solution!
You can fix the Fortnite error code by updating the game with these steps:
1. Open Epic Game launcher.
2. Go to Library and click on the three dot icon next to Fortnite game.
3. Finally, select Manage and toggle on Auto update.
What Causes Fortnite Error Code 30005?
We assume you have understood what Fortnite error code 30005 means. So, let us look at some of the potential causes of the error.
- Weak Connectivity
- Corrupt Game Files
- Outdated Game
- Blocked by an Anti-Virus Software
Here are some of the fixes you should try to fix Fortnite error code 30005.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before we jump into the complex methods let us first try out the basic ones.
1A. Troubleshoot Internet Connection
If this problem keeps happening, see if your internet connection is at fault. Mainly because when using your computer, internet connectivity issues could happen at any moment. A sluggish and unreliable internet connection might be the primary reason why Fortnite error code 30005 occurs. Follow this guide to fix the same, How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10.
1B. Wait for Game Server Uptime
Another frequent workaround is to wait for the Fortnite server error to be addressed. This allows the connectivity problem to be fixed from the server end, allowing the game client to connect to the servers and resume gameplay. You may check their server status on their Twitter account and also by visiting Downdetector.
1C. Restart PC
Although it can assist with clearing temporary files and resetting system settings, restarting the computer is a popular troubleshooting technique for many different types of problems. If the Fortnite error code 30005 was brought on by an underlying software or hardware issue that was sparked by other programs or system processes, rebooting the computer may assist in solving the problem momentarily.
1. Click on the Windows Start menu.
2. Select the Power icon, then click on Restart to restart your PC.
1D. Close Unwanted Apps
Closing unwanted apps is another simple basic troubleshooting method to try. Closing unnecessary programs can give the system more resources and lower the likelihood of conflicts, which can help to resolve Fortnite problem code 30005. Follow our guide to know how to do so, How to disable background apps in Windows 10.
1E. Disable Antivirus and Firewall (Temporarily)
Another workaround to try to fix Fortnite error code 30005 is to disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily. Error Code 30005 is one of the problems that firewall and antivirus software can bring about in a game. You can check to see if the issue is being caused by firewall and antivirus software by temporarily disabling them. And you can follow our guide to know the procedure, How to disable antivirus temporarily on Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Play Fortnite on Windows 7
Method 2: Run Game as Administrator
Moving on to a slightly more complex troubleshooting technique, restarting Fortnite as an administrator may be able to resolve problem code 30005. This is due to the possibility that some apps may need enhanced administrative credentials to function properly. You can take the following actions to play the game as an administrator:
1. Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher shortcut on the desktop
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Update Fortnite
This error code can occasionally be resolved by updating to the most recent version of the game, particularly if the error is brought on by incompatibilities between the game and your computer’s operating system or other programs. Updates for Fortnite occasionally bring performance enhancements and bug fixes that can fix problems with the game, including error code 30005. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Epic Game launcher.
2. Go to Library and click on the three dot icon next to Fortnite game.
3. Then, select the Manage option.
4. Now, toggle on the Auto Update option.
Method 4: Verify Game Files
The game files may have become corrupted when you experience error code 30005 in Fortnite. A feature called Verify Integrity of Game Files examines and replaces any damaged or missing files in a game installation. The installation of your game will be entirely updated and clear of any corruption problems that might be causing Error Code 30005 to arise. To verify the integrity of game files in Fortnite follow these steps:
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher on your computer
2. Click on the Library tab to see a list of all the games you have installed on your computer.
3. Find Fortnite in the list and click on the three dots next to the game’s name.
4. From the menu, select Manage.
5. Then, click on the Verify button.
This procedure will check your game installation’s files against those in the Epic Games database and replace any damaged or missing ones.
Also Read: How to Play Creative 2.0 in Fortnite
Method 5: Enable Anti-Cheat
After repairing and reinstalling the anti-cheat, you must try enabling it to fix the error. By turning on anti-cheat, the built-in anti-cheat system of the game will cooperate with the Easy Anti-Cheat program. This can ensure that any game cheating or exploits are promptly discovered and eliminated, helping to avoid problems like error code 30005 in the first place. To enable the Easy Anti-Cheat service, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type services.msc and press Enter.
3. Double-click on the Anti-Cheat service.
4. Click on the Start option then set Automatic as the default in terms of the Startup Type.
5. To save the modifications and restart the game, click Apply and then OK.
Method 6: Repair Anti-Cheat Service
Sometimes, error code 30005 can be resolved by repairing the Anti-Cheat Service. The Easy Anti-Cheat service, which is used to identify game cheating, might be to blame for the problem. Error code 30005 can occasionally be caused by a corrupt or problematic service. You can reset its configuration and address any problems that might be causing the error by fixing the Anti-Cheat Service. These steps can be used to fix the Anti-Cheat service:
1. Open your system’s File Explorer.
2. Search Easy AntiCheat then select EasyAntiCheat_Setup file.
3. Choose Fortnite from the dropdown game menu.
4. And once you click the Repair Service button, the service is fixed.
Method 7: Reinstall Easy Anti-cheat
If the above method did not work out then, uninstalling and reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat can fix it. The Simple Anti-Cheat files may be at fault for the error; they are prone to corruption and malfunction. Reinstalling will repair any damaged or missing files and reset its configuration. Abide by the steps below to know how to reinstall easy anti-cheat.
1. Go to the Fortnite game install directory.
2. Open the Easy Anti Cheat folder.
3. Then, click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file and allow administrator permission by clicking Yes.
4. Right-click, then click on the uninstall option.
Following the procedures, restart the system to see whether the error still occurs. And if it still does go ahead with the next method.
Method 8: Delete SYS File
The SYS file should be deleted because it might be corrupted, in which case Easy Anti-Cheat might not function properly when Easy Anti-Cheat runs before Fortnite launches. The player can see the warning create file failed with 32 errors when trying to start the game.
The Easy Anti Cheat client will have to recreate the right file when you start the game if the SYS file is deleted, thus doing so might be helpful. Anti-cheat software will get a fresh start thanks to the newly produced SYS file, which could resolve any problems with the old file.
1. Go to the installation directory for Fortnite.
2. Next, open the Easy Anti Cheat folder.
3. Right-click on the file EasyAntiCheat.sys and delete it.
Restart the game after deleting the file to check if the issue has been fixed.
Also Read: Can You Make Your Own Skin in Fortnite?
Method 9: Reinstall Fortnite
If the error is brought on by damaged or missing game files, reinstalling Fortnite might be able to fix the error code 30005. If there were any problems with the initial game installation, reinstalling the game will erase the old game files and replace them with new ones.
It’s advised to thoroughly remove Fortnite before downloading and installing it again when reinstalling it. This makes sure that before starting a new installation, all game files and settings are deleted.
1. Launch the start menu of your PC to open Apps & features.
2. In Apps & features, select Fortnite and click on Uninstall.
3. Next, click on Uninstall again.
4. Then, reboot your computer.
5. Once done, visit the Fortnite download page and select the Windows option.
6. Now, launch the downloaded setup file.
7. Then, choose the destination folder and click the Install button.
8. Finally, click on the Finish button to complete its installation.
Now, log in with your credentials and check if it fixed the error.
Method 10: Contact Fortnite Support
If all other fixes fail, contacting Fortnite support may be the only option left. If necessary, Fortnite support can offer more complex debugging techniques or escalate the problem to the development team.
This concludes our guide on Fortnite error code 30005. By following the methods mentioned above, you can quickly fix the error and get back to enjoying your game. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the blog, do let us know in the comments section below.