When you try to launch World of Warcraft on your Windows 10 PC, you may sometimes face a WOW51900309 error code that usually occurs with the beta launch of Classic mode in the game. This also appears when there are any network issues. If you are also facing the same issue on this guide will help you fix WOW error 51900309 on Windows 10 PCs with effective troubleshooting hacks.
How to Fix WOW51900309 Error in Windows 10
There are many reasons associated with WOW error code 51900309 such as:
- Battle.net lacks admin access.
- Corrupt data in the game installation folder.
- Antivirus program or
- Windows Defender Firewall is blocking the program.
- Outdated Operating System and PC drivers.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Follow these basic troubleshooting methods to fix the said issue.
1A. Restart PC – The general trick to resolve all the temporary glitches associated with World of Warcraft is to restart your computer. .
1B. Check Game Requirements – If you are facing WOW 51900309 error on startup, you have to check the basic requirements of the game and ensure that your PC satisfies them.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-760 or AMD FX-8100 or later
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8GB for integrated graphics such as Intel HD Graphics)
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 64 bit
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB or Intel HD Graphics 530 (45W)
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 70 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 or AMD FX-8310 or later
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64 bit
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280 or later
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
- FREE DISK SPACE: 70 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4 GB
1C. Ensure Proper Network Connection – Unstable internet connection leads to WOW51900309, so ensure to
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1D. Close Background Tasks – Several users have confirmed that WOW error 51900309 can be resolved by closing all the background tasks running on your PC.
Once you have closed all the background processes, check if you were able to fix error code 51900309 in WOW.
Method 2: Run Blizzard Battle.net as Administrator
This is one of the most common reasons that cause WOW51900309 in your Windows 10 PC. Certain permissions and features can only be accessed if you have granted admin rights to the World of Warcraft game. In this scenario, you can fix WOW error code 51900309 by following the below-listed instructions.
1. Right-click on the World of Warcraft shortcut on the desktop or navigate the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Rename Cache, Interface and WTF Folders
There are few gaming files residing in folders like Cache, Interface and WTF that are responsible to store the basic information on the game, progress, and settings. If they are corrupt, you will face WOW error 51900309. So, you are advised to rename the folders and check if it works.
1. Close all processes running in the background as instructed in the above method and press Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
2. Now, navigate to the given path as depicted.
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft
3. Now, find the following folders and right-click on them. Then, select Rename as shown.
4. Now, rename the folders to something like Cacheold, Interfaceold, WTFold respectively.
5. Once you have renamed these folders, relaunch the game and check if you can fix error code 51900309 in your Windows 10 PC.
Method 4: Delete WOW Cache Folder
Several users face WOW51900309 during the startup and this issue could be resolved when the cache folder is removed completely from your computer. All the temporary files of the game will be deleted and the next successive startup will launch the game without any errors. If renaming the folders doesn’t work for you, the below-listed instructions will help you do so.
1. Navigate to the World of Warcraft folder.
2. Then, right-click on Cache folder and select the Delete option as shown.
Then, check if you have fixed Wow 51900309 error.
Method 5: Change Read-Only Attribute
The World of Warcraft game will run without any errors when you have granted proper custom attributes settings in UAC (User Account Control). If in case, the game and its components has only read-only components, you cannot modify or update World of Warcraft. This results in World of Warcraft 51900309 on your PC. In this event, change the read-only attribute for the game as instructed below.
1. Launch File Explorer and navigate to World of Warcraft folder.
2. Now, right-click on Wow.exe setup file and select the Properties option.
3. Now, switch to the General tab and uncheck the box next to Read-only next to Attributes section as shown.
4. Then, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Method 6: Run Blizzard Repair Tool
If you still couldn’t fix WOW51900309, there may be some chances that your PC has some damaged gaming files in it. Damaged files may fill your computer due to an over protective antivirus suite or due to an update failure. Fortunately, you can resolve all these corrupt gaming files automatically with the help of a built in tool of Blizzard. Here are few instructions to run the Battle.net Repair tool.
1. As you did earlier, navigate to the directory of the Wow.exe setup file and select the Run as administrator option as shown.
2. If you are prompted by User Account Control window, click on Yes to proceed.
3. Now, switch to the Games tab at the top corner of the window and then select World of Warcraft from the list.
4. Then, click on Options followed by Scan & Repair from the drop down list.
5. In the next prompt, click on Begin scan and wait until the process gets completed.
6. Finally, restart your game and check if you can fix WOW 51900309.
Method 7: Whitelist WOW in Windows Defender
You will also face World of Warcraft 51900309, due to an over-reactive or over-protective antivirus suite in your Windows 10 computer. This prevents the connection link between the game launcher and the server. So, to fix this problem, you can whitelist World of Warcraft in your Firewall settings or disable the problem temporarily.
Also Read: Fix Avast Not Updating Virus Definitions
Method 8: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for WOW error code 51900309, disable it once and try connecting to a network. If so, read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
Method 9: Additional Windows PC Methods
9A. Run System File Checker & DISM – If there are any missing or damaged files on your Windows 10 PC, you will face WOW51900309 error. Yet, you are repairing these corrupt files by using inbuilt utilities namely, System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management. Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
9B. Run Full Disk Cleanup – Few users have suggested that clearing some disk space in PC has helped them sort out WOW error code 51900309. This will enable your computer to install new files whenever needed which will help you fix the problem. Follow our guide 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows that helps you clear all unnecessary files in your computer.
9C. Update Windows – You can also eradicate bugs in your computer and game by updating your Operating System. use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can connect to your WOW game server without any errors.
9D. Update Graphics Drivers
World of Warcraft, being a graphical intensive game, your graphics driver is essential important for your gaming experience. If the drivers are outdated or faulty, make sure to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to fix it.
Alternately, you can Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Tell If Your Graphics Card is Dying
9E. Clear DNS Cache & Data – Few users have suggested that clearing the DNS cache and data on your PC has helped them fix WOW51900309 error code. Follow as instructed for the same:
1. Hit the Windows key and type cmd. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, type the following commands one by one and hit the Enter key after each command.
ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/registerdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew netsh winsock reset
3. Wait for the commands to be executed and restart the PC.
Method 10: Reinstall World of Warcraft
Any misconfigured files in World of Warcraft will lead to WOW51900309 error even if you have followed all the above discussed methods and updated all the pending actions. So, in this case, you have no other option than to reinstall the game. Here is how you do it.
1. Hit the Windows key and type apps and features, then click on Open.
2. Now, search World of Warcraft in the list and click on it. Then, select the Uninstall option.
3. If you are prompted, again click on Uninstall.
4. Now, visit the Blizzard official site, and click on World of Warcraft.
5. Then, click on Download for Windows option and wait until the game gets installed on your PC.
6. Navigate to My downloads in File Explorer and double-click on the setup file to run the application.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the game on your Windows 10 PC.
Finally, relaunch the game and now you will have fixed WOW error code 51900309.
Recommended: Fix Forza Horizon 4 FH001 in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix WOW51900309 in Windows 10 or 11. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.