Fix an unexpected error that is keeping you from copying the file which is currently being faced by many Windows 10 users. This is usually concerned with unexpected error zip files. This error 0x80004005 copying files might be caused by a variety of reasons but no issue you only have to follow the given methods below in order to solve the issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Unexpected Zip File Error 0x80004005
One of the most popular kinds of file compression in the current tech environment. Due to its dependability and usage of lossless compression, this format is a must to have if your file size is quite large. Although the Zip format is generally dependable and secure to use, occasionally it may have problems.
Error 0x80004005 unspecified error may take place in two situations. One, when you are trying to copy a zip file to another folder, and second when you are trying to extract a zip file. These issues usually occur when the ZIP file is either damaged or corrupted. And what caused these damages must relate to the way you used your pc the last time the file was working fine.
Let’s start by figuring out the causes of this Zip file problem
- The most common reason why a ZIP file gets corrupted is the way you close the file.
- Viruses from several sources you download zip files or an already present virus in your PC might damage the ZIP file header.
- In the same way, ignoring any popup while shutting down the PC when ZIP is still open in the back may damage the file.
- A Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) Error might be another cause of an error when you are sharing ZIP files over a network.
Method 1: Use Third-party Software to UnZip File
Making use of third-party unzipping software like WinZip or WinRAR may be the easiest option to save your precious time. This software makes use of several technologies to unzip files which work even in case the ZIP file is corrupted or damaged.
1. Type WinRAR in the Windows search box.
2. Click Open and double-click on the file you want to open.
Also Read: Fix DISM Error 0x800f081f in Windows 10
Method 2: Change Permission Settings
Another method to solve unexpected error zip issue is to change the permission settings of the zip file as shown below:
1. Right-click on the file.
2. From the list of choices that appears, select Properties.
3. Click the Security tab to access it.
4. Verify the system’s ownership with the Owner.
5. Click on Edit.
6. To set it to Allow, confirm that the User Account has full authority.
Method 3: Use SFC Command
A System Files Checker (SFC) command is an in-built tool that helps scan and repair corrupted files on your PC. You can use this method to repair your unexpected error zip file.
1. Press the Windows key, type Command Prompt, then click on Run as Administrator.
2. Type SFC /scannow command and hit the Enter key.
Another command is CHKDSK to repair system files
To run this command, type CHKDSK /F/R. Depending on the size of your disc and the degree of contamination, CHKDSK may take some time to complete. Let CHKDSK finish fixing your system before restarting it. Try extracting your Zip file after that. This might make some changes to your files on pc but will help in removing error 0x80004005 unspecified error.
Also Read: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
Method 4: Repair ZIP File with Online Tools
If you are not able to repair the ZIP file using built-in tools, then online repairing tools might be a great option. For this, you may try online tools like Online Office Recovery. This tool is great for removing an unexpected error that is keeping you from copying the file.
How to Prevent Error 0x80004005 Copying Files
Follow the given steps to prevent the said error:
1. Correct Method to close a ZIP file is as follows
- Click File in the upper left corner.
- Click on the Exit option in the drop-down menu.
2. Properly close the ZIP file before shutting down the PC and avoid forced shutdowns.
3. Install a good Antivirus compatible with your PC to avoid ZIP corruption.
- Can Microsoft Teams Monitor my Phone?
- Fix Windows Does Not Have Enough Information to Verify This Certificate Solutions
- Fix An Unexpected Error has Occurred Chrome OS Recovery
- Is WinZip Safe
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn how to do unexpected error zip fixes and remove the no command error. Let us know which method did find as easiest. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.