Are you unable to download the latest Windows 10 creators update? If so then don’t worry as there certain ways via which you can easily download & install the latest Windows updates.
The Windows 10 Creators Update is a major update for all Windows PCs. This update brings some exciting features for its users, and most importantly, Microsoft is offering this update for free. This latest version keeps your device updated with all security enhancements and turns out to be a big update.
As the update rolls out, users download it and try to upgrade their PC, but this is where the real issue arises. There are many problems that users face while downloading such updates. Devices may encounter bugs and errors while upgrading to the Creators Update. If you are facing similar issues, you have come to the right place. Keep reading through the Guide to solve Unable To Download Windows 10 Creators Update.
The various ways which you can use to fix the issues related to Creators Update are as follows:
- Fix Unable To Download Windows 10 Creators Update
- Step 1: Disable Defer Upgrades option
- Step 2: Check Your Storage
- Step 3: Disable Metered Connection
- Step 4: Turn Off Antivirus and Firewall
- Step 5: Upgrade Later
- Step 6: Fix Missing or Damaged File issue
- Step 7: Manually Install Windows 10 Creators Update with Media Creation Tool
Fix Unable To Download Windows 10 Creators Update
Step 1: Disable Defer Upgrades option
If you are facing the unable to download Windows 10 Creators Update issue, then you need to disable the defer upgrades option. This option prevents major updates from installation. As creators update is one of the major updates, so by disabling the Defer Upgrades options, this problem can be solved.
To disable Defer Upgrades, follow the below steps:
1. Open settings using the Windows key + I. Click on the Update & Security option in the Settings window.
2. Under Update & Security, click on Windows Update from the menu that pops up.
3. Click on the “Advanced options” option.
4. The dialog box that opens will have a checkbox next to defer upgrades option. Uncheck it if it is checked.
Now, once the Defer Upgrades option is disabled, check for Creators Upgrade. You will now be able to download and install Creator Upgrade smoothly.
Step 2: Check Your Storage
To download and install significant updates like creators update, you need to have free space in your system. If you do not have enough space in your hard disk, then you may face issues while downloading the Creators Update.
You need to make space in your hard disk by deleting the unused or extra files or by transferring these files. You can also create space on your Hard Drive by removing the temporary files.
To clean your hard disk from these temporary files, you can use the in-built disk cleanup tool. To use the tool follow these steps:
1. Open Disk Cleanup using the Start Menu search.
2. Select the drive you want to clean and click on the OK button.
3.Disk Cleanup for the selected drive will open.
4. Scroll down and check the box next to Temporary files and click OK.
5.Wait for few minutes before Disk Cleanup is able to complete its operation.
6.Again open Disk Cleanup for the C: drive, this time click on the “Clean up system files” button at the bottom.
7.If prompted by UAC, select Yes then again select the Windows C: drive and click OK.
8.Now check or uncheck items you want to include or exclude from Disk Cleanup and then click OK.
Now you will have some free space to download and install Windows creators update.
Step 3: Disable Metered Connection
Metered connection prevents additional bandwidth and does not allow your upgrade to work or download. So, the issue related to Creators Update can be resolved by disabling the metered connection.
To disable the metered connection follow these steps:
1. Open settings using the Windows key + I. click on Network & Internet option.
2. Click on the Ethernet option from the left-hand menu that appears.
3. Under Ethernet, toggle off the button next to Set as metered connection.
Now, try to download and install the creator’s update. Your problem may be resolved now.
Step 4: Turn Off Antivirus and Firewall
Antivirus and Firewall prevent updates and also block the features of significant upgrades. So, by turning it off, your problem can be resolved. To turn off or disable Windows Firewall follow these steps:
1. Open control panel using the search option. Click on the System and Security option in the window that opens.
2. Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
3. From the menu that appears on the screen, choose the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
4. Turn Off the Windows Defender Firewall both for Private and Public Networks by clicking on the button next to Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall option.
5. Click on the OK button on the bottom of the page.
After completing these steps, try to download and install Creators Update. Your problem may be resolved now.
If you’re not able to turn off the Windows Firewall using the above method then follow the below steps:
1.Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on Update & Security.
2.From the left-hand menu click on the Windows Security option.
3.Now under Protection areas option, click on Network Firewall & protection.
4.There you can see both Private and Public networks.
5.You have to disable the Firewall for both the Public and Private networks.
6.After disabling the Windows Firewall you can again try to upgrade Windows 10.
Step 5: Upgrade Later
When a new update releases, the Windows Update server is crowded, and this may be the reason for issues while downloading. If this is the problem, then you should try downloading the update later.
Step 6: Fix Missing or Damaged File issue
If you are facing the 0x80073712 error message while upgrading, then you should understand that some important Windows updates files are missing or damaged, which are important for an update.
You need to remove those damaged files. For this, you need to run the Disk Cleanup for C: Drive. For this, you need to type disk cleanup in the Windows search bar. Then select C: drive (usually where Windows 10 is installed) and then remove Windows Temporary files. After deleting the temporary files go to Updates & security and again check for updates.
Step 7: Manually Install Windows 10 Creators Update with Media Creation Tool
If all the standard practices to update Windows 10 fail, then you can also manually update your PC with the help of the Media Creation Tool.
1.You have to install a Media creation tool for this process. To install this go to this link.
2.Once the downloading is finished, open the Media Creation Tool.
3.You need to accept the User Agreement by clicking on the “Accept” button.
4.On the “What do you want to do?” screen checkmark “Upgrade this PC now” option.
5.Next, make sure to checkmark “Keep your files & apps” option to safeguard your files.
6.Click on Install to finish the process.
These are some solutions that you can try if you are facing the Unable to Download Windows 10 Creators Update issue. We hope this guide helps in resolving the issues you were facing earlier. Feel free to address any issues you are facing in the comment section.