TikTok is a popular social media platform and is used by millions of people worldwide. The mobile application is one of the most downloaded apps on the Google App Store. However, many times, several users may find issues with the app, such as TikTok videos not playing. It is a common issue and may affect your app experience significantly. TikTok video not available issue can be caused by several factors, such as bad internet or server issues. If you are experiencing TikTok videos not loading issue on your device, this guide will help you fix it. Sometimes, along with the feed videos, people may experience TikTok live videos not playing issue as well. Continue reading to find out all the possible methods to fix the TikTok video not playing on Android issue.
- How to Fix TikTok Videos Not Playing Issue
- Method 1: Restart Device
- Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Connection
- Method 3: Verify TikTok Server Status
- Method 4: Restart TikTok App
- Method 5: Clear TikTok App Cache
- Method 6: Allow TikTok Background Data Permissions
- Method 7: Use VPN Service
- Method 8: Update TikTok App
- Method 9: Reinstall TikTok App
- Method 10: Contact TikTok Support
How to Fix TikTok Videos Not Playing Issue
There can be several reasons for videos not playing on TikTok; some of the possible reasons are mentioned here.
- Lag issues on your phone can cause TikTok videos to not load properly.
- A poor internet connection is a common reason for this issue.
- This problem can be caused by the application not working properly due to bugs and lagging.
- Corrupt or excess cache data is also responsible for the issue.
- TikTok server issues can limit the app’s features and cause this issue.
- Improper app permission is also responsible for the issue.
- An outdated TikTok application can also lead to various errors, such as the video not playing error.
- Other underlying issues with the application can cause it to not work properly.
In this guide, we have discussed methods to resolve TikTok videos not playing issue on your Android smartphones.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same settings options and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, hence ensure the correct settings before changing any. The following methods are from the Moto G60 smartphone.
Method 1: Restart Device
If you are experiencing TikTok video not available issue on your device, it is always a good idea to restart your device to fix TikTok videos not loading issue. If you are having TikTok live videos not playing issue on your device, this can be due to phone lag or bugs. Restarting the device can help you with most of the phone issues that are caused by lags and bugs. You can check out the How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone? guide to safely restart your phone to fix the TikTok video issue.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Connection
One of the most common reasons for TikTok videos not loading is a poor network connection. If your network is weak and unstable, you may have trouble navigating through the TikTok platform. Therefore, the first step that you should consider is to fix the network issues that may be causing issues with the TikTok application on your phone.
Step I: Restart Wi-Fi Router
One of the first things that you can do to fix TikTok videos not playing issue is to check if your WiFi router is properly connected to your mobile. Generally, network connection errors on mobile phones are caused by improper router connections. Therefore, if you can’t play videos on TikTok, make sure that you have connected your router properly.
1. Long press the Power Button on your Wi-Fi router.
2. Once the router has been turned off, unplug the router cable from the main switch.
3. Wait a few minutes, reconnect the cable, and turn on the router.
If this does not fix TikTok video not available issue, move on to the next method.
Step II: Check Network Provider
If the issue with TikTok videos not loading has not been caused by the WiFi router, then your network provider may be responsible for the issue. You should consider checking with your internet provider to make sure you are receiving stable and strong signals to avoid TikTok live videos not playing issues. If you are using mobile data, make sure you have an active internet plan to use the internet services. If you are having a slow internet service, you should check out our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone to speed up the internet.
Also Read: How Much is 1 Million Coins on TikTok?
Method 3: Verify TikTok Server Status
Sometimes, the issue is not caused by the TikTok application but rather by server issues. When the TikTok servers are not available or going through routine maintenance, you may not be able to access the application for some time. However, this is not a major issue and will resolve on its own. You will just have to wait until the issue is fixed on the TikTok developer’s end. Meanwhile, you can use the Down Detector Outage Map to see if other users are experiencing problems with the TikTok application.
Method 4: Restart TikTok App
You should check with the TikTok app on your phone to figure out if the app is not working properly and causing TikTok videos not playing issue. You can try to resolve the application issues by forcing the app to stop. If the TikTok app on your Android device is not working properly, you will find various issues while trying to navigate around the app and play videos. This problem can be resolved by stopping TikTok on your device.
1. Open Settings from the phone menu.
2. Now, locate and click on the Apps.
3. Here, tap on the See all apps button, and then select TikTok.
4. Locate and tap on the Force stop icon.
Also Read: Why Does My TikTok Say Under Review?
Method 5: Clear TikTok App Cache
Cache files are temporary application files. Normally, these files shouldn’t cause any issues with TikTok. However, if the cache files are corrupt or are in excess, the app may run into various issues, such as TikTok video not available issue, or the feed not refreshing. You can clear the cache files for TikTok to resolve TikTok videos not loading issue. TikTok is one of the few social media platforms that allows users to clear cache files from the application. Follow these simple steps to clear cache data to resolve TikTok live videos not playing issue.
1. Tap on the Settings icon from the App drawer.
2. Here, tap on Apps setting.
3. Locate and tap on the TikTok app to go to the App Info.
4. Now, select the Storage option.
5. Finally, tap on Clear cache, then Clear storage option.
Method 6: Allow TikTok Background Data Permissions
If you have not granted app permissions to TikTok, the app may not work properly, and you won’t be able to experience some of its features. Generally, the TikTok video not playing issue is associated with disabled background data permissions for TikTok. Therefore, if you experience a similar issue, check and enable the background data permission for TikTok.
1. Open Settings from the phone menu and select Apps.
2. Now, select See all apps and tap on TikTok.
3. Here, select Mobile data & Wi-Fi
4. Locate and enable the Background data toggle.
Method 7: Use VPN Service
Many users reported that using a VPN helped them resolve this issue. Therefore, it is a good idea to install a VPN provider on your device. If you want to know more about VPN and how it works check out What is a VPN and how it works? guide. There are several free VPN applications on the Google Play Store; however, most of the free VPNs are not safe and can leak your personal data. Therefore, always make sure that you are using a trusted VPN provider. Check our guide on top 9 best free unlimited VPN for Android.
Method 8: Update TikTok App
When the TikTok app on your device has not been updated in a long time, the existing bugs can lead to various errors, such as TikTok videos not playing. Therefore, it is important to keep the app updated all the time. If you are repeatedly having the same issue, you should consider updating the TikTok app.
1. Open the Google Play Store from the phone menu.
2. Here, tap on your profile icon.
3. Next, go to Manage apps & device.
4. Tap on the Updates available option.
5. Find the TikTok app and select the Update option.
6. Wait for the update to install and then relaunch the TikTok app.
Also Read: How Can You Recover Deleted TikTok Videos
Method 9: Reinstall TikTok App
If updating the TikTok app did not fix the issue, you should consider reinstalling it to resolve any existing issues.
1. Open Google Play Store in your smartphone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon.
3. Then, select Manage apps and device.
4. Move to the Manage tab, tick the TikTok app, and tap on the trash icon at the top.
5. Here, select the Uninstall button and wait for the app to be uninstalled.
6. Then, search for TikTok app.
7. Finally, tap on the Install option to reinstall the TikTok app.
Method 10: Contact TikTok Support
If none of the methods work, and the issue is not resolved, you should consider contacting TikTok support. You can visit the official TikTok Help Center page to explore more solutions to fix the issue. You can also directly connect with TikTok customer service to discuss solutions for your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why are TikTok videos not playing?
Ans. There can be several reasons for this issue, such as a bad network connection or server issues with TikTok.
Q2. How do I fix TikTok app issues on my Android device?
Ans. You can try to force stop the TikTok application on your device to resolve lagging issues with the app.
Q3. How do I know if TikTok is working properly?
Ans. One of the easiest ways to know if the TikTok app is available or not is to check the server status. You can check if the app is having issues by checking the server status for TikTok.
Q4. How do I clear the TikTok cache on Android?
Ans. You can clear the cache data for TikTok from the TikTok application itself. You just have to navigate to the profile and clear cache data from there.
Q5. How do I fix TikTok video issues?
Ans. You can use several methods to fix video errors on TikTok, such as fixing internet issues, clearing cache data, or allowing TikTok background data.
- Fix Android Not Accepting Correct PIN
- How to Make Celebrity Follow You on Instagram
- How to Find Stickers on TikTok
- 8 Ways to Fix TikTok No Internet Connection Error
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix TikTok videos not playing issue. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.