Snapchat is a popular app for young people, especially Gen Z because it lets them talk quickly and has cool things to do. However, the app often suddenly stops working for users. If you are facing a similar issue where Snapchat keeps crashing on your iPhone, then you have come to the right place for help. This article will look into why this might be happening and provide some troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
Table of Contents
Fix Snapchat Keeps Crashing on iPhone
Snapchat is a cool app where you can share photos and videos that disappear quickly. It’s a fun way to connect with friends. But if you enjoy its spontaneity, it can be annoying when it keeps crashing all the time. However, you need not worry as we have got some simple solutions to help sort it out. Let’s start!
Get Snapchat crashes fixed by updating the app using these steps:
1. Launch the App Store and search for Snapchat.
2. Select the app from the search result.
3. Now, tap on Update.
Why Does My Snapchat Keep Crashing on iPhone?
It is essential to keep in mind the possible reasons why Snapchat keeps crashing on an Apple phone. Here are some of them:
- Network Connectivity Issues
- Software Bug
- Outdated App Version
- Insufficient Device Storage
- Older iOS Version
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Here are the basic steps you can follow to fix the issue.
1A. Restart iPhone
You can start with restarting your iPhone to get rid of a minor glitch. To do so, you can refer to our guide on How to Restart iPhone X.
1B. Troubleshoot Network Connectivity
A stable internet connection can also help to fix Snapchat keeps crashing iPhone problem. Fix your shaky internet connection as soon as possible.
1. Visit the Control Centre.
2. Deactivate the Wi-Fi option.
3. Press the Wi-Fi icon once more.
Method 2: Force Restart Snapchat
Try restarting the Snapchat app once and check if this fixes Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone problems. Follow these steps to restart the app.
1. Swipe upwards from the bottom of your home screen and then stop at the middle of your screen. Doing so will show you all the apps that are running currently.
2. Swipe up on the Snapchat app preview to close it.
3. Launch the Snapchat app again.
Method 3: Update Snapchat
Updating the app can also fix Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone issue. Here are the following steps to update Snapchat:
1. Go to the App Store.
2. Visit your Profile.
3. Scroll down and click Update.
Note: You will be able to see the list of apps that need to be updated.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Won’t Load Stories
Method 4: Offload Snapchat Data
Another method to fix Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone error is to offload the app data. Corrupt cache data may result in app crashes, so you can offload the data and then install the app again. Following are the steps to offload Snapchat app data.
1. Open Settings and tap on General.
2. Tap on the iPhone Storage option.
3. Locate and tap on Snapchat.
4. Then, tap on the Offload App option.
Method 5: Update iPhone OS
If your device’s operating system is outdated, then you may face various bugs and errors. So, you need to keep the iOS updated to solve Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone problems. Here are the steps to update the iPhone.
1. Open device Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update.
4. Tap Download and Install to download the latest iOS version.
Method 6: Reinstall App
Another way to fix Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone is by reinstalling the app as shown in the steps below.
1. On the homepage, tap and hold Snapchat.
2. Then, tap Remove App.
3. Next, tap Delete App.
4. Now, reinstall the Snapchat app from the App Store.
Method 7: Contact Snapchat Support
Lastly, if the Snapchat app keeps closing on your iPhone, you can contact Snapchat support. Tell them about the problem you’re having and wait for them to help you fix it.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to to fix Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.