Skype is one of the most famous Video Calling services in the world; Skype was one of the first apps to provide video call services to users. Over the years Skype has raised in popularity, the application has also added new features to help provide a more interactive to better user experience. Skype sometimes can run into various errors; one of such errors is a Skype error with playback device on Windows 10; this error can cause audio errors with the Skype program. Skype playback error is a common error that Windows 10 users often have while using the application. In this guide, we will discuss reasons and methods for Skype error playback device.
- How to Fix Skype Error with Playback Device on Windows 10
- Method 1: Relaunch Skype
- Method 2: Enable Speakers
- Method 3: Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
- Method 4: Re-enable Audio Device
- Method 5: Update Audio Drivers
- Method 6: Reinstall Audio Driver
- Method 7: Reset Skype Configuration Files
- Method 8: Reinstall Skype App
How to Fix Skype Error with Playback Device on Windows 10
There can be multiple reasons for Skype error with playback device on Windows 10; some of the common reasons for this error are listed below.
- Mostly this error is associated with Application bugs and errors
- System speaker errors can also cause the playback device error
- Improper speaker settings on your computer can also cause this error on your computer
- Outdated or corrupted audio drivers on your computer can also cause this error
The following guide will discuss methods to resolve Skype error with playback device on windows 10.
Method 1: Relaunch Skype
Generally Skype error with playback device on Windows 10 is associated with minor bugs and lags with the Skype app; you can easily resolve this error by closing and relaunching the Skype app. Many users found that closing and relaunching the app resolved the issue.
Method 2: Enable Speakers
It is also possible that Skype error with playback device on Windows 10 was caused by the system speakers, to resolve the issues with system Speakers, you can try to enable and disable the speakers.
1. Press the Windows key, type control panel, then click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Hardware and Sound setting.
3. Under Sound options, click on Manage audio devices.
4. Right-click anywhere on the Sound window and check the following options:
- Show Disabled Devices
- Show Disconnected Devices
5. Now, Right-click on the Speakers and click Disable.
6. Now, right-click on the Speaker again and click Enable.
7. Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Enabling and disabling the speakers should often resolve Skype playback error, if not and you still have issues with Skype error playback device, move on to the next method.
Method 3: Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
To resolve various Skype error playback device issues on your computer, such as Skype playback error you can try to run the Windows 10 in-built audio troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run audio troubleshooter.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as shown.
3. Go to Troubleshoot menu in the left pane.
4. Select Playing Audio troubleshooter and click on Run the troubleshooter button shown highlighted below.
5. Wait for the troubleshooter to detect and fix the problem. Once the process is complete, click Apply this fix and restart your PC.
Method 4: Re-enable Audio Device
The issue can also be caused by your system audio devices, in this case, you can try to resolve the issue by temporarily disabling the audio device on your computer and enabling it again.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Device Manager, and click on Open.
2. Locate and expand the Sound, video and game controllers.
3. Then, right-click on the audio driver and then click Disable device.
4. Again, right-click on the driver and select Enable device option after a few minutes.
Also Read: How to Use Skype Chat Text Effects
Method 5: Update Audio Drivers
Corrupted and outdated drivers are one of the main reasons for Skype error with playback device on Windows 10. To resolve the issues caused by audio drivers, you can try to update audio drivers read our guide on how to update device drivers on Windows 10.
Method 6: Reinstall Audio Driver
If Skype error with playback device on Windows 10 with the computer audio device continues. You can try to delete it entirely. Many users found that deleting their audio device also effectively resolved the issue. Follow our guide to uninstall and reinstall drivers on Windows 10.
Method 7: Reset Skype Configuration Files
If the previous methods don’t resolve Skype error with playback device on Windows 10 issues, you can also try to reset the Skype configuration files to resolve most of the Skype issues
1. If you are running the Skype application close it.
2. Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
3. Type %appdata% and press the Enter key to open Appdata folder.
4. Locate and right-click on the Skype folder.
5. Click on Rename and rename the folder as Skype.old.
6. Now, restart the Skype app.
In most cases, this method was helpful to many users, if it doesn’t work, move on to the next method.
Also Read: How to Send Skype Code with Proper Format
Method 8: Reinstall Skype App
If none of the previous method work, and you continue to have Skype error playback device issues, try reinstalling the Skype app.
1. Press and hold Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on Apps.
3. Now, search and click on Skype and select Uninstall option.
4. Now, confirm the prompt if any, and reboot the PC once you have uninstalled Skype.
5. Once the uninstallation process has finished, go to start menu search and type Microsoft Store and open it.
6. In the Microsoft Store, search for Skype.
7. Click on the Get button to install the Skype app on your device.
8. Wait for the installation to finish.
Reinstalling the Skype app should resolve Skype playback error on your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why can’t I connect audio on Skype?
Ans. Audio errors are common Skype errors. This issue occurs due to failure in device audio drives and Skype settings.
Q2. How to resolve Skype audio issues?
Ans. There can be multiple methods to resolve the Skype audio errors, such as updating system drivers, and changing the Skype configuration settings.
Q3. What are audio issues on Skype?
Ans. Skype can run into many audio issues such as microphone issues, and speaker issues. These errors can lead to interruptions during video calls.
- Fix Zoom Error Code 2008 in Windows 10
- Fix Discord an Unknown Network Error in Windows 10
- Fix Teams Error caa7000a in Windows 10
- Fix Skype Camera Not Working on Windows 10
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix Skype error with playback device on Windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries, please let us know in the comment section.