Apple Watch is a powerful and versatile wearable device that seamlessly integrates with your iPhone to enhance your daily life. However, like any other piece of technology, it can encounter issues. One frustrating problem that some users may face is Apple Watch stuck on the Please Continue Setup on iPhone screen. If you find yourself in this situation, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered with a comprehensive troubleshooting guide to help you resolve this issue.
Fix Apple Watch Stuck on Please Continue Setup on iPhone
Why My Apple Watch is Stuck in Setup?
Sometimes, your Apple Watch might get stuck on a screen because of an update, often related to pairing problems. Fortunately, there are some effective solutions that you can try to get it fixed.
Here are some important things to ensure:
- Bluetooth is Enabled: Your Apple Watch communicates with your iPhone via Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices. Swipe up on the Apple Watch to access the Control Center and check the Bluetooth icon.
- Check Wi-Fi and Cellular: Your Apple Watch can also use Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity for certain tasks. Ensure that Wi-Fi and cellular data are enabled on your iPhone and that the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Charge Your Devices: A low battery on either your Apple Watch or iPhone can lead to connectivity issues. Ensure both devices have sufficient charge before attempting to fix the problem.
Method 1: Force Restart Apple Watch
When your Apple Watch becomes unresponsive or stuck on certain screens, performing a force restart can often resolve Please Continue Setup on iPhone screen:
1. Press and hold both the side buttons and the Digital Crown until you see the Apple logo.
Method 2: Unpair and Re-Pair Your Apple Watch
Sometimes, a fresh start is the best solution. If your Apple Watch continues to exhibit persistent issues, unpairing it from your iPhone and then re-pairing it can provide a clean slate for the devices to establish a new, stable connection.
Step 1: Unpair Apple Watch
1. Launch the Watch App on your iPhone or iPad.
2. In the top left corner of the screen, tap All Watches, and select your specific Apple Watch.
3. Locate and tap the i (information) icon adjacent to your Apple Watch’s name to access its settings.
4. Scroll down to find the Unpair Apple Watch option at the bottom of the screen and select it.
5. Choose the Unpair (Name) Apple Watch option to confirm your decision.
6. To complete the process, enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock, and then tap the Unpair button located at the top right.
Step 2: Re-Pair Apple Watch
1. Power on your Apple Watch by pressing and holding the side Power button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Grant permission by tapping Allow to receive app notifications.
4. Select Start Pairing.
5. Choose Set Up for Myself if you’re setting up the Apple Watch for yourself or opt for Set Up for a Family Member if you’re configuring it for someone without an iPhone.
6. Place your iPhone near your Apple Watch to initiate the detection process.
7. You’ll see a Searching for Apple Watch page, displaying your device’s name. Select your device’s name to begin the pairing process.
8. After successfully pairing your Apple Watch, tap Set Up as New Apple Watch on the screen.
Note: If you have a backup from a previous Apple Watch, you can choose Restore from Backup.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to select your preferred language, region, and set up your wrist preference.
Once the setup is complete, wait for the Watch to sync with your iPhone.
Method 3: Restart iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is a fundamental troubleshooting step that can resolve various issues related to performance, glitches, or unresponsive applications.
1. To initiate the process, simultaneously press and hold both the volume up or down button and the side button. Continue holding until you see the slider for powering off.
2. Next, swipe the slider, which is red and white, from the left to the right to power down your device.
3. Subsequently, wait for approximately 30 seconds to ensure your device is completely powered off.
4. Finally, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo appear. Your device will restart in a few moments.
Method 4: Update iPhone
Keeping your iPhone’s software up-to-date is essential for maintaining compatibility with your Apple Watch and addressing potential bugs and security vulnerabilities.
1. Click on the Settings app.
2. Tap on General.
3. Now tap on Software Update and then tap on Download and Install.
Method 5: Update Apple Watch
To get rid of Continue Apple Watch Setup on iPhone, it’s crucial to keep its watchOS updated. Updates often include performance enhancements, new features, and fixes for known issues.
1. Open the Watch app on your connected iPhone and access the My Watch tab.
2. Tap on General.
3. Select Software Update.
4. If there’s an available update, scroll to it and tap on Install Now.
Follow the prompts displayed on your screen to proceed with the update.
Method 6: Reset Network Settings on iPhone
This process clears out network-related configurations, potentially resolving issues related to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections that may be hindering communication between the devices. Therefore, to fix Please Continue Setup on iPhone screen, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings and tap on General.
2. Select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Scroll down and tap on Reset.
4. Choose Reset Network Settings.
5. Enter your passcode if prompted and confirm the reset.
Method 7: Hard Reset Apple Watch
A hard reset involves a specific combination of button presses that can help resolve various software-related problem such as Please Continue Setup on iPhone screen. ollow our guide to factory reset Apple watch without Apple ID.
Method 8: Contact Apple Support
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be a hardware or software problem that requires professional assistance. Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.
Getting your Apple Watch stuck on the Please Continue Setup on iPhone screen can be frustrating. However, with the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you should be able to resolve the issue in most cases. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below.