Discovering how to unlock your Apple Watch can prove to be a vital solution when you come across the challenging Activation Lock. In this article, we will explore various methods to assist you in successfully removing the activation lock from your Apple Watch, regardless of whether it is paired with a phone or not.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Activation Lock on Apple Watch With And Without Phone
Purchasing a pre-owned Apple Watch with an active activation lock can leave you in a situation where your Apple Watch remains locked to its previous owner. Moreover, unlocking the Apple Watch becomes possible only when you input the correct Apple ID and password. Fortunately, you can get out of this situation with the help of solutions provided in the guide below.
Method 1: Through iPhone
If you are the owner and have your phone with you, then you can follow the steps given below to remove the activation lock on an Apple Watch:
1. Bring your Watch near your phone range and launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. At the top left corner, tap on All Watches.
3. Tap on the i icon next to your Watch.
4. Now, tap on Unpair Apple Watch.
5. To confirm the process, enter your Apple ID password and tap on Unpair.
Method 2: Via iCloud Software
If you’re the owner of an Apple Watch and you want to remove the Apple ID from the device, then this method is for you. Doing so enhances your privacy and allows another user to use the device smoothly. Here is how you can bypass activation lock on Apple Watch for free using iCloud:
Note: Using third-party services or software can put your device at risk. We do not support or endorse any such applications.
1. On your PC, navigate to iCloud and Sign In to your Apple ID with your credentials.
2. Click on your Profile picture at the top left corner.
3. Now, select iCloud settings.
4. Click on Find Devices.
5. Click on All Devices and select your Apple Watch.
6. Click on Erase Apple Watch.
7. Once again click on Erase to confirm the process.
Method 3: Through Online Services
If you are still unable to remove the activation lock on your Apple Watch, there are a few online services that can help you do so. Follow the steps below to know more.
Note: This method will not work if the device is marked stolen.
1. Launch your favorite browser and go to the Apple iPhone Unlock Website.
2. Enter your iPhone IMEI or Watch serial number.
3. Select the device model and click on Remove Activation Lock.
4. Make the payment to confirm the process.
In a week you will receive an email saying the iWatch is Unlocked, you can use it with your own Apple ID. Thus, helping your remove Apple ID from Apple Watch without phone.
Method 4: Via Third-Party Tools
There are different software like Tenoshare 4MeKey and AnyUnlock with both paid and free versions that can help you remove the activation lock on your Apple Watch with or without a phone.
1. Launch the AnyUnlock website.
2. Connect your device to the PC and click on Start Now button.
3. Wait till the process to complete, check your device information, and then click on Bypass Now.
Also Read: 30 Best Free Apple Watch Apps
How to Bypass Second Hand Apple Watch Activation Lock
If you’ve purchased a secondhand Apple Watch and need to remove someone else’s Apple ID, the best approach is to contact the previous owner and ask them to do it manually. If the owner is not available, you can refer to the section titled How to Remove Activation Lock on Apple Watch With or Without Phone above under both situations.
We hope our step-by-step guide on how to remove activation lock Apple Watch with and without a phone has helped you in regaining access of your iWatch. Feel free to drop your comments below, in case of any queries or suggestions.