In this world of professionalism, you must have an account on outlook. The outlook app allows you to send and receive emails. Another feature of the app that makes it suitable for the corporate world is that it allows you to manage your data. So, with this app, you can easily manage your professional life. But the issue arises when you face Outlook reading pane not working. Don’t worry, we are here to help you as this is a minor error that can be easily fixed. So, in this article, we will guide you on how to fix this item cannot be displayed in reading pane.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Outlook Error This Item Cannot Be Displayed in Reading Pane
In this guide, we will help you in fixing the issue of Outlook reading pane not working on both Android and PC. We have listed the methods below. Keep reading this article to know in detail the steps that you need to follow.
Option I: On Android
In this guide, we will provide you with methods to fix Outlook reading pane not working on Android.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Samsung galaxy S21 5G phone.
Method 1: Update Outlook
An easy method that can fix reading pane not showing in Outlook is to update the Outlook app. The steps to perform it are listed below.
1. First, launch the Play Store app on your phone.
2. Now, in the search box type Outlook.
3. Then, tap on Update.
Note: In the picture illustrated below open option is shown as the app is already updated.
Method 2: Clear Outlook Cache
Another method to fix Outlook error this item cannot be displayed in reading pane issue is to clear the app cache as shown below.
1. First, tap on the Settings icon on your phone.
2. Now, scroll down and tap on the Apps option.
3. Then, tap on the Outlook app.
4. Now, tap on the Storage option.
5. Finally, tap on the Clear cache option.
If the issue of the reading pane not showing on Outlook hasn’t been resolved yet, you can try the method which is listed below.
Also Read: Fix Outlook Password Prompt Reappearing
Method 3: Force Restart Outlook
One of the methods used to fix reading pane not showing in Outlook is force restart Outlook app. The steps to perform it are listed below.
1. First, tap on the Settings icon on your phone.
2. Tap on the Apps icon.
3. Here, scroll down and tap on the Outlook app.
4. Now, tap on Force stop.
Method 4: Reset Outlook App
If you are facing the issue of reading pane not showing in Outlook then you can give a try to this method. The steps are listed below.
1. First, tap on the Outlook app.
2. Now, tap on the Profile icon.
3. Tap on the Gear icon located at the bottom.
4. Here, tap on the Email account you want to reset.
5. Now, locate and select the Reset Account option.
Also Read: How to Turn Outlook Email Read Receipt On Off
Method 5: Re-login to Outlook
You can re-sign in to Outlook app again to solve the issue.
1. Tap on the Outlook app.
2. Now, select the Profile icon located in the upper right of the screen.
3. Tap on the Gear icon located on the lower left side of the screen.
4. Now, select your Email account.
5. Then tap on the Delete Account option.
6. After this, sign in with your credentials.
Method 6: Reinstall Outlook App
An easy way to fix Outlook reading Pane not working is to reinstall the app. Follow these steps to reinstall the app and solve this item cannot be displayed in reading pane Outlook error.
1. Tap on the Settings icon on your phone.
2. Now, tap on the Apps option.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Outlook app.
4. Now, tap on Uninstall icon.
5. Now, Go to google Play store and search Outlook.
6. Tap on the Install option.
Also Read: Fix Currently Unable to Send Your Message on Outlook Mobile
Option II: On Windows PC
In this guide, we have listed methods that will help you fix this item cannot be displayed in Reading Pane on PC.
Method 1: Restart PC
The simplest way to fix this item cannot be displayed in reading pane is to restart your PC. The steps to restart your PC are listed below.
1. Tap on the Windows icon located at the bottom of the screen.
2. Now, click on the Power option.
3. Then, select the Restart option.
Note: The Windows in this PC is not updated and because of this update and restart option is shown in the image.
Method 2: Update Outlook App
Another easy way to fix this item cannot be displayed in reading pane is to update the app. The steps are listed below to update the Outlook.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Outlook and click on Open.
2. After that, click on the File option.
3. Now, locate Office Account options.
4. Click on Office Updates option.
5. Now, click on the Update now option.
Also Read: Fix Outlook Trying to Connect to Server on Windows 10
Method 3: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
One of the methods used to fix this item cannot be displayed in reading pane is to run the Outlook app in a safe mode. Steps to run it in a safe mode are listed below-
1. Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type outlook.exe /safe command in the search box.
3. Now, click on the OK button.
Method 4: Repair Outlook App
If you are facing the issue of outlook reading pane not working then you can give a try to this method also. The steps to do this are listed below to fix this item cannot be displayed in reading pane Outlook error.
1. In the Windows Cortana search box type the Control panel and select the Open option.
2. Now, select the Programs option.
3. Under program and features, select Uninstall a program.
4. Now, click on Microsoft office.
5. Right-click on the Microsoft office option and then select the Change option.
6. After that, click on the Repair option.
By following these simple steps you will be able to repair your Microsoft outlook app.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Draft in Outlook 365
Method 5: Disable Outlook Add-ins
Another method to solve Outlook error this item cannot be displayed in reading pane problem is to disable add-ins.
1. In the Windows Search box, type Outlook and select Open.
2. Select the File option located at the top.
3. Now, select Options.
4. Select the Add-ins option now.
5. Click on the Go…. button.
6. Finally, uncheck the boxes for all Extensions and click on OK.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What can you do with Microsoft outlook office?
Ans. Microsoft Outlook is a reliable email program that combines your email, calendar, and files into one program to keep you connected and secure. Outlook enables you to do more from a single robust inbox owing to intelligent email, a task organizer, spam email protection, calendar reminders, and contacts.
Q2. What is outlook email?
Ans. To boost your productivity and teamwork, Outlook mobile offers a linked experience across inbox, search, and calendar. It also has excellent integrations with Office programs, files, and teams. Right from the palm of your hand, arrange meetings, get notified, monitor RSVPs, and share your calendar.
Q3. What is the reading pane and why should I use it?
Ans. The Outlook app’s Reading pane is a straightforward but essential component that has lots of helpful tools to let you customize your reading experience. It can be a smart option to switch it back on if you’ve typically left it off to see if it can assist make your workflow enjoyable and effective.
- How to Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing
- How to Find Someone’s Email Address from TikTok
- Fix Your Microsoft Exchange Administrator Has Blocked This Version of Outlook
- How to Find Lost Folder in Outlook
We hope that this article helped you in resolving your query about how to fix this item that cannot be displayed in reading pane. In case you have any doubts please comment in the section below. We will be happy to help you.