High and good graphic is in great demand these days, no matter, if you are a gamer, graphic designer, video editor, or simply a consumer of YouTube who loves to watch 4k videos, all those tasks, demands a good and well-functioning GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). A slight bug or flaw can affect your day-to-day function which can become super annoying. Furthermore, if the NVIDIA user account locked then it may become difficult to modify settings and properly fix the problem. If you are also dealing with the same problem, you are at the right place. We bring to you a perfect guide that will help you fix how to unlock NVIDIA account.
How to Fix NVIDIA User Account Locked in Windows 10
NVIDIA is a technology business company that produces graphic processing units, used in computers, cellphones, game consoles, and other electronic devices. It is the pioneer and market leader in the GPU industry. Nowadays, a GPU is essential for nearly every operation involving the rendering of graphics on computers and smartphones, from speeding up website loading to using Photoshop dynamic links and filters. Additionally, NVIDIA leads the world in the development of AI hardware and software. Also, they are engaged in the vehicle industry, which will be crucial in the development of self-driving cars. Now, let’s decode the NVIDIA account locked problem. A handful of the settings can be altered while using the drivers; however, to change advanced setting an external software/app, such as NVIDIA GeForce Experience application or SHIELD Hub application is required.
Why Nvidia User Account Locked?
Reasons behind NVIDIA user account locked could be anywhere from repeatedly attempting to log in using invalid credentials or connecting via a public network. NVIDIA account can be used on a variety of its websites and services, including SHIELD Hub and GeForce Experience. You can try out the methods listed below to fix NVIDIA account locked trouble.
Method 1: Reboot Wi-Fi Router
The steps to restart your router is listed below;
1. Switch Off the router and keep it unplugged for 3 minutes.
2. Plug it back and switch it On after a few seconds.
3. Make sure the router is connected to the internet, which can be checked by whether its led light is constantly on or blinking, a stable light next to the network indicator indicates that the device is online.
Method 2: Reset NVIDIA Account
The majority of the time, the account gets locked for security reasons as a result of many failed login attempts, logging in using an unsafe network or VPN. The first thing you should do is reset your account in order to fix NVIDIA account locked status. Here’s how to unlock NVIDIA account by resetting the account:
1. Go to official NVIDIA website .
2. Click on the User icon.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Login help.
4. Choose Reset Password.
5. Enter your Email address.
6. You will receive a Password Reset link in your mail. Open the link and follow the procedure.
Method 3: Technical Support from Nvidia Team
If the issue with your NVIDIA account locked has not yet been fixed and you have not received the account reset link in your email, consider contacting NVIDIA technical support staff by asking a question or by starting a live chat with a representative. Follow these steps for live chat support to solve the NVIDIA user account locked issue:
1. Visit the NVIDIA website.
2. Click on the Support option.
3. Then, click on Explore Support Options.
4. Scroll down and choose Chat Now option.
5. Fill in the required details and click on Submit.
Wait for a few minutes until it connects with a representative. The live chat window will look like this.
Method 4: Re-Enable Network Connection
Following are the steps to re-enable the network connection.
1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type ncpa.cpl in the text box.
3. Select the network, right-click on it and select Disable.
4. Select the network again and click on Enable this network device.
Also Read: How to Fix NVIDIA ShadowPlay Not Recording
Method 5: Switch to Private Network
You can change your network to private to fix NVIDIA user account locked issue. Here are the steps to switch to private network.
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously and to open the Settings.
2. Click on Network & Internet.
3. Under the Status section, click on Properties of the connected network.
4. Choose Private Network profile.
Also Read: Fix Network Error 0x00028001 on Windows 10
Method 6: Regenerate IP Address
Some websites won’t function on public IP addresses due to security concerns, and as a result, they temporarily freeze the account. Follow these steps to reset the IP address and fix NVIDIA user account locked issue:
1. Press the Windows key and type command prompt in the search box.
2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
3. Click on Yes to give permission.
4. Type the following commands one after the other and hit Enter key after each command.
Ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release ipcongig /renew
5. Execute the following commands to fix any wrong network configuration:
netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
6. After entering the commands, restart the PC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the best basic settings for NVIDIA GPU?
Ans. There may be countless settings available, depending on the usage and requirements for the graphics. However, ensure that you are using the most recent version of the driver, that all of the cores are being used in the CUDA settings, limiting the Max Frame Rate, and prefer Maximum Performance in Power Management Mode.
Q2. What is the difference between CPU and GPU and Graphic Card?
Ans. The CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the processor, such as an Intel i5 or an Apple M1, that manages all processes, while the GPU (Graphic Processor Unit) handles all graphical requirements, and the graphic card is a component of the GPU that generates images for display.
- How to Run Task Manager as Admin in Windows 10
- How to Fix a Button on Xbox One Controller
- Fix Nvbackend.exe Error in Windows 10
- Fix NVIDIA Overlay Not Working on Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix NVIDIA user account locked problem. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.