What is Instagram 5xx server error? This error occurs when there are issues with the Instagram server preventing you from processing requests. If you are unable to post or view reels on Instagram, then do not get upset! Today’s guide will help you to solve this server issue so that you can keep using the platform seamlessly.
8 Quick Fixes for Instagram 5xx Server Error
Instagram 5xx server error is one of the most frequently occurring problem. When a user sees this error on Instagram, it means that there are problems with the Instagram server that prevent it from processing user requests.
After understanding what is Instagram 5xx server error means, let us discuss what causes it. Poor connection, Server Issue or using Outdated App could result in unforeseen issues or bugs like the 5xx server error. Hence, improve internet connectivity and install regular upgrades Instagram publishes to enhance app performance and security.
Try troubleshooting you network connection. Also, you can update the Instagram app by following the given steps below:
1. Launch Google Play Store app.
2. Search for WhatsApp.
3. Tap on Update option if any new updates are available.
Note: Android device settings may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. So, try to perform the steps accordingly with respect to your device. The steps may vary depending on the device you use. These steps were performed on Poco X4 Pro 5G.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Method 2: Wait for Server Uptime
Waiting for Instagram’s servers to go back online and start functioning properly after suffering problems like crashes is referred to as server uptime. You may use IsTheServiceDown site to check the same.
Method 3: Restart App and Device
The 5xx server error on Instagram can be fixed by restarting the Instagram app and device since it can help to erase any temporary data or cache that might be the problem. Here’s How to restart or reboot your android phone and then, the app:
1. Go to the Recent Apps screen.
2. Swipe up or tap on the X icon to close it.
3. Wait for a while and reopen the app.
Method 4: Re-login to Instagram
Re-logging into Instagram can assist to refresh the session and clear up any potential user authentication issues, which can work as a fix Instagram 5xx server error on Android.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner to access your profile.
3. Tap on the top-right corner’s three horizontal lines.
4. Tap on Settings.
5. Tap on Log out from the menu’s bottom section as you scroll down.
6. Wait for a while after logging out before inputting your username and password to log back in.
Method 5: Clear Instagram Cache
If the Instagram 5xx server problem is brought on by corrupt cookies, clearing Instagram cookies may work as a workaround.
1. Go to your device’s settings.
2. Tap on Apps.
3. Next, tap on Manage apps.
4. Search for Instagram on the search tab.
5. Then tap on clear data.
Method 6: Update Instagram
The 5xx server error on Instagram can be fixed by updating Instagram since it can help to solve any bugs, flaws, or security issues that may be the cause of the problem.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Search for Instagram on the search bar.
3. If there is an update available for the app, you will see an Update button next to the Instagram app.
4. Tap the Update button to download and install the latest update.
You can try reopening Instagram after updating it to see if the 5xx server problem has been fixed.
Method 7: Reinstall Instagram
Reinstalling the Instagram app can assist in fixing any corrupt or damaged files that may be the root of the 5xx server error on Instagram replacing them by clearing any temporary files or cache of the prior version.
1. Go to Google Play Store and search for Instagram.
2. Tap on Uninstall.
3. Go back to Google Play Store and search for Instagram.
4. Tap the Install button to download and install a fresh copy of the Instagram app.
Also Read: What Does Reporting Someone on Instagram Do?
Method 8: Report a Problem
In case none of the workarounds worked for you, then the last resort available for you is to contact Instagram Support.
1. In the Settings menu in Instagram app, tap on Help.
2. Now select Report a problem.
3. Once again, tap on Report a problem.
4. Tap on Include and continue to allow Instagram to include complete logs and diagnostics.
5. Briefly describe your issue: Instagram feed not showing new posts since so and so time even after refreshing multiple times.
Note: You can also include relevant screenshots if you have any.
6. Tap on Send at the top-right corner.
You might have to be a little patient as Instagram help may take some time to react to your report.
How Long Does Instagram 5xx Error Last
Depending on the cause of the issue, the length of an Instagram 5xx server error may change, ranging from a few minutes to a few hours. When there is a significant problem affecting its services, Instagram usually informs its users via email, social media, or the company’s official status page.
A common problem that users may have when utilizing the app is Instagram 5xx server error. As previously noted, it can be brought on by a number of circumstances. The approaches to resolving the issues have already been mentioned above. Remember that some 5xx issues can necessitate assistance from Instagram’s technical support staff to resolve them. A smoother and more expeditious resolution to the issue can be achieved by exercising patience and being proactive in seeking support. If you still have questions about it, please let us know in the comments section below.