Although HBO Max is one of the most streaming platforms for new content, many users have reported encountering issues while using it. One of these issues is HBO Max stuck on the loading screen. If you have been facing the same, then our guide will help you fix this issue.
How to Fix HBO Max Stuck on Loading Screen
Follow the below steps to fix HBO MAx stuck on loading screen issue:
1. Open Settings.
2. Choose Apps & permissions > App manager > HBO Max.
3. Tap on Storage.
4. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
If the issue is not fixed, it can stop you from accessing or streaming content on HBO Max. Therefore, you can try to resolve the problem by following the methods stated below:
Note: As Android phones do not have the same settings and these settings differ for each brand, the steps mentioned below may change slightly from your device. We have shown the following steps performed on the Honor Play smartphone.
What Causes HBO Max Stuck on Loading Screen
Several reasons can cause the HBO Max application to get stuck and not load on your streaming device. These reasons include:
- Server outage
- Bad internet connection
- Outdated HBO Max app
- Device incompatibility
- Corrupt app cache of HBO Max
- VPN services
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
1. Wait for HBO Max Server Uptime
Server problem is one of the primary reasons behind HBO Max being stuck on the loading screen of your device. Therefore, in such a scenario, the first thing to do is to check if there are technical issues from the server’s side. To check this, you can visit the Twitter page of HBO Max or Downdetector website which indicates possible problems in the last 24 hours.
2. Restart Device or HBO Max App
HBO Max stuck on the loading screen can be fixed by restarting the device you are streaming this application on or by restarting the HBO Max app altogether. Restarting an Android device can fix internal bugs or issues that stop the app from working well and leave it buffering or lagging. In this case, you can restart your device and to do so you can check our guide on How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone?
You can also try re-launching the HBO Max app by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to the HBO Max app on your Android device and long press on its icon.
2. Now, click on the App info option.
3. Next, select Force stop and then go back to the home screen of your device.
4. Finally, re-launch the HBO Max application.
Also Read: Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku
3. Resolve the Internet Connectivity Issue
If your internet connection is not stable or is weak, you are bound to encounter issues while launching and using the HBO Max app. Therefore, to fix this issue, try resolving the weak internet connection on your device. You can refer to our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone if you are streaming the application on your Windows PC.
4. Ensure Device Compatibility
Device incompatibility is another major factor that can trigger HBO go stuck on the loading screen. You will encounter this issue if your device is not capable of supporting the HBO Max app. This results in problems with launching the app and streaming the content as well. So, you must check and make sure your device is capable and compatible to run the HBO Max app.
Method 2: Disable VPN
VPN services help in hiding your actual IP address. However, while using the HBO Max application, you must be a resident of the United States or affiliated territories. In this case, your original IP address must be visible and if a VPN service is blocking it, you will have an issue with loading the HBO Max. So, you can either disconnect your VPN or disable it as shown in the steps below.
1. Launch your device settings and tap on Wireless & networks.
2. Then, tap on VPN.
3. Now, select the connected VPN and tap on DISCONNECT to disable the VPN.
Method 3: Clear HBO Max App Cache
Another way to resolve this issue is by clearing the HBO Max app cache. App cache can build up with time and can become corrupt which can ultimately stop you from using the app. Android users can follow the steps below to clear HBO Max cache:
1. Open the Settings app of your Android device.
2. Next, select Apps & permissions.
3. Now, choose App manager.
4. Next, select HBO Max from the list.
5. Select Storage from its App info.
6. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
Also Read: Fix Err Proxy Connection Failed Chrome Error
Method 4: Re-Login or Reset HBO Max Account
The next possible solution to avoid HBO go stuck on the loading screen is by re-login or resetting the HBO account. To perform this method, you need to sign out of your account or reset the password of your account. Follow the steps below to re-login to your HBO Max account:
1. Open the HBO Max account on your device.
2. Now, tap on the profile icon to expand the menu.
3. Next, tap on the SIGN OUT option.
4. Then, wait for a few seconds and re-launch the app to log in again to your account.
You can reset your HBO Max account with the help of the following steps:
1. Open the HBO Max app on your device.
2. Now, select the Forgot password option.
3. Next, select the method for account recovery.
4. On receiving the mail for password recovery, insert the confirmation code and set a new password for your account.
Method 5: Reconfigure Network Settings
In other cases, where none of the methods seem to work, reconfiguring the network settings of the device can come in handy. If the network settings of your device are wrongly configured, they must be reset to fix this issue. To reset network settings on your Android device, follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Settings application on your Android phone.
2. Select System management.
3. Next, go to the Backup & Reset option and open it.
4. Finally, open Reset network settings.
5. Then, tap on Reset settings.
6. Once the reset is complete, launch the HBO Max app and check if the loading issue has been resolved.
Also Read: Can You Get HBO Max on Your Xbox One?
Method 6: Reinstall HBO Max App
One of the last solutions to resolve the HBO Max stuck on loading screen issue is by reinstalling the app itself. This method helps in fixing all the errors and glitches with the working of the app.
1. Navigate to the HBO Max app from the app drawer of your device.
2. Next, long press on the HBO Max app icon.
3. Now, select Uninstall from the list of options available.
4. Finally, tap on Uninstall to continue the process.
5. Once done, head to the Play Store application.
6. Search HBO Max in the search bar.
7. Tap on the Install button beside the HBO Max logo.
Method 7: Contact HBO Max Support
Finally, the last resort to fix HBO Max stuck on the loading screen is by contacting professionals for help regarding the issue. Try contacting the HBO Max Support team and report the problem to them to get a working solution to resolve the problem of the loading screen.
Recommended: How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on iPhone
We hope that our doc on HBO Max stuck on the loading screen was informative enough and helped you with different methods that you can attempt to fix this unwanted issue. Let us know about your thoughts and leave your queries or suggestions in the comments section below if you have any.