A proxy server helps make internet browsing more private. It changes your IP address and identifies data on your computer. Doing this, helps keep your personal information private and therefore, safe browsing activity and private browser history. However, using web proxies often result in various errors. These errors usually occur when software, a server, or website gets something out of ordinary. One of these errors is err proxy connection failed Chrome which is usually encountered on attempting to visit a website. If you are someone facing the same issue then our guide on proxy server error in Google Chrome will help you deal with the issue. We will uncover the reasons behind the error as well as different ways in which you can fix it. So, let us begin with our guide right away and get into the matter of solving err proxy error on your Windows PC.
How to Fix Err Proxy Connection Failed Chrome Error
Let us look at some of the possible reasons behind proxy errors on your Desktop:
- One of the common issues that have been noted to result in the issue is weak or no internet connection.
- The error seems to occur on trying to access the page that uses SSL.
- Another reason that can be a problem is a broken registry key on a Windows machine.
- Also, if IP, password, and port are not connected to your system, they can result in an error.
- Another reason behind the issue can be proxy settings on your system.
If you are unable to access the internet and are repeatedly seeing proxy server errors then you can follow a few methods given below that will help you to fix the issue with ease:
Method 1: Resolve Unstable Internet Connection
In most situations, the real problem lies with the weak or slow internet connection on your device. Therefore, you must make sure that your internet connection is working fine. This means the real issue does not lie with the proxy server and can be easily fixed by resolving the internet connectivity issues. If you have been encountering weak internet signal strength on your system or cannot connect to the internet, you can check our guide on Can’t Connect to the Internet? Fix your internet connection!
Method 2: Reset Internet Settings
If you are unable to connect to the proxy server Chrome due to the internet then you can also try resetting internet settings on your PC. In most cases, this method has been proven quite helpful. You can reset internet settings using the steps provided below:
1. Press the Win + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit the Enter key to launch the Internet Properties window.
3. In the Internet Properties box, open the Advanced tab.
4. Now, click on Restore advanced settings.
5. Once done, restart your PC and check if the proxy server error has been resolved.
Also Read: Fix Google Chrome Disk Full Download Error
Method 3: Tweak Proxy Settings
To resolve err proxy connection failed Chrome, the next step involves changing proxy settings. You can also restore your proxy server to its default settings using the steps given below:
1. Launch the Internet Properties window as shown in the Method 2.
2. Next, click on the Connections tab and select LAN settings in it.
3. Check the box for Automatically detect settings and uncheck all other boxes.
4. Finally, click on OK and restart your PC.
Method 4: Disable Proxy Settings via Registry
Windows registry keeps a database that is used to manage and store low-level settings for apps in Windows operating system. You can resolve proxy server error in Google Chrome by disabling proxy settings through the registry. To know more about how to do it via registry, follow the instructions given below:
Note: Before making any changes to Windows Registry, create a backup.
1. Open the Run dialog box by hitting the Win + R keys simultaneously
2. Type regedit and press the Enter key to launch the Registry Editor.
3. Now navigate to following key folder path in Registry Editor.
4. Now, right-click on the ProxyEnable key in it and select Delete.
5. Reboot the PC once the steps are performed.
Method 5: Reset Google Chrome to Default Settings
You can also try resetting Google Chrome to its default settings if Chrome cannot connect to proxy server error persists.
1. Launch Google Chrome on your PC and click on the three dots to open the Chrome menu bar.
2. Now, to open Settings, click on it.
3. Click on Reset and clean up from the left panel.
4. Now, click on Reset settings to their original defaults.
5. Confirm the process by clicking on Reset settings.
Method 6: Reset TCP/IP
Connection-related issues on your Windows PC are easy to resolve. In case you are still unable to connect to the proxy server Chrome, you can reset TCP and renew the IP to solve the error. To do this, you would need to execute a few commands as instructed below:
1. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, enter the following commands and hit the Enter key after each command.
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew
3. Once the commands are processed, restart the PC and check if unable to connect to the proxy server Chrome proxy server issue has been resolved.
Method 7: Resolve PC Misconfigurations
You can also try to resolve PC misconfigurations if you still have been unsuccessful in fixing err proxy connection failed Chrome. Usually, the main issue lies with the antivirus or firewall being used on your PC. So, you must disable any third-party antivirus or Firewall being used on your system that can interfere with the proxy server and result in the error. You can learn about How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall with the help of our guide.
To disable a third-party antivirus program on your PC, you can check our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10.
Method 8: Eliminate Unwanted Programs from Windows
The next possible effective solution to resolve Chrome cannot connect to proxy server error is to eliminate unwanted programs from your Windows PC. These unwanted programs can interfere with proxy servers and therefore the error. So, to do so, you must start your computer in safe mode. You can learn about How to Boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10 with the help of our elaborative guide on it.
Also Read: Fix Google Chrome Server Sent No Data Error
Method 9: Contact Proxy Provider
If you are still not able to resolve proxy server error in Google Chrome issue then you must contact your proxy provider for support. You can simply visit the site of your proxy provider and acquaint them with the problem you are facing. The professionals will guide you right and help you with an effective solution for the error.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I fix the proxy error on Chrome?
Ans. You can fix proxy errors on Chrome by changing your proxy settings or tweaking your Chrome settings to default.
Q2. What can I do if I am unable to connect to a proxy server error in Windows 10?
Ans. If you are unable to connect to a proxy server in Windows 10, you can try disabling proxy settings, clearing the browser cache, flushing DNS, resetting IP, and resetting your Chrome settings to default.
Q3. What does it mean by failed proxy connection?
Ans. A failed proxy connection means your browser is unable to connect to the internet due to a proxy connection.
Q4. How can I fix the proxy or VPN on my device?
Ans. You can fix VPN or proxy on your device by using a different location or server, clearing your cookies, or clearing your browser cache.
Q5. What are Chrome proxy settings?
Ans. Chrome proxy settings are an intermediary between your computer and the internet. This is often used to hide your location and to allow you to access websites that would otherwise be blocked.
- How to Spot a Fake Sugar Daddy on Instagram
- 14 Best Fixes for WhatsApp Web QR Code Not Working Issue
- Top 11 Ways to Fix Virus Scan Failed Error in Google Chrome
- 12 Ways to Fix Google Chrome High CPU and Memory Usage on PC
We hope that our guide on err proxy connection failed Chrome was informative enough and helped you deal with the error in different ways provided in the doc above. Let us know about your queries, suggestions, or doubts by leaving them in the comments section below.