Google Play Store is the Android app store in which users can install apps, either for free or by buying. Users can install apps as their wish. The process is usually fast but some users report Google Play error 963, this error occurs during download and sometimes while updating, the error occurs because the smartphone cannot write the data to the storage, if you are wondering how to fix Play Store error 963, then you are at the right place. Keep reading to find out how to fix this Google Play Store error.
- How to Fix Google Play Store Error 963
- Method 1: Switch to Stable Network Connection
- Method 2: Move Apps from SD card to Device’s Internal Memory
- Method 3: Re-add Google Account
- Method 4: Re-insert SD Card
- Method 5: Update Android OS
- Method 6: Clear Google Play Store Cache
- Method 7: Uninstall Play Store Updates
- Method 8: Reset Network Settings
- Method 9: Perform Factory Reset
How to Fix Google Play Store Error 963
Before going through the solutions to fix Google Play Store not downloading apps issue, we have listed the possible reasons behind the issue below.
- Problems with SD Card.
- Unstable Internet Connection.
- Corrupt Google Account.
- Android Outdated.
- Problems with HTC Lock screen App.
- Problems with Network Settings.
- Google Play Store Cache problems.
Note: Every Smartphone has the same settings in different UI, so all phones are not the same. Always ensure the correct settings are being modified on your device before attempting to change them. The steps provided in this article are from Moto G(8) Power Lite Stock Android 10 device.
Method 1: Switch to Stable Network Connection
Sometimes, a faulty internet connection can cause Google Play error 963. Make sure your internet is speedy and stable enough to download or update apps.
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection, make sure you are in the range of the Wi-Fi connection. If the Wi-Fi connection still does not work, then try changing the Wi-Fi to see if the connection is stable.
Method 2: Move Apps from SD card to Device’s Internal Memory
This method is applicable when you have installed apps on External storage as opposed to the internal storage, these can cause app update issues because the memory cards do not support large apps and cause a shortage of space when updating, so it is good to move the apps from the device external storage to internal storage.
1. Go to the Settings menu by tapping on the cog icon present on the Notification bar.
2. Tap on Apps & notifications
3. Go to See all Apps.
4. Go to the specific app which causes Google Play error 963, and when inside tap on Move to Device Storage.
5. This will move the data to the internal storage and can prevent errors.
Also Read: Fix Parse Error on Input $ on Android
Method 3: Re-add Google Account
A Possible fix for Google Play error 963 is to remove and re-add the Google account you used to download an app.
1. Go to the Settings menu by swiping down from the Notification bar, tap on the cog icon to open it.
2. Now, go to Accounts.
3. Tap on Google and inside, the accounts you used to log in to the device will be available.
4. Tap on the account that you use to download Play Store apps.
5. Now, tap on REMOVE ACCOUNT, this will remove the account.
6. After, removing the account from your device, you need to re-add it, in the same screen tap on Add account.
7. Now, tap on Google, and you will be presented with a series of steps that you can use to log in to the Google Account using your Email Id and password.
Method 4: Re-insert SD Card
If you have installed the apps on Storage, that is if you have opted to install the apps on External storage then re-inserting the SD card may fix the problem.
1. Go to Settings by tapping on the cog icon present in the notification bar.
2. Go to the Storage menu to eject the SD card.
3. Finally, tap on the Eject button to Unmount it.
4. Remove the SD card and re-insert it.
See if Google Play error 963 has been fixed.
Method 5: Update Android OS
Sometimes, an outdated version of Android can cause problems, due to this Android manufacturers frequently rolls out updates to fix issues like these, since each device has different methods and process to update the Android phone, visit our article at Manually update android to the latest version to learn about the detailed guide on Updating an Android device.
Method 6: Clear Google Play Store Cache
You can try clearing the data for Google Playstore if the play store error 963 occurs, this process is fast and simple, follow the steps below to clear the data of Google Playstore.
1. From the Home screen, swipe down and tap on the cog icon to open the Settings menu.
2. Tap on the Apps & notifications.
3. Click on SEE ALL APPS.
4. Now, search for the Google Play Store and tap on it.
5. Tap on Storage & cache to access data settings.
6. Tap on CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.
Also Read: How to Fix Google Play Store Errors
Method 7: Uninstall Play Store Updates
An error with the current Google Play store version can cause play store error 963, for this issue users have reported that uninstalling the updates solved the issue as uninstalling them may revert the current version to the stock Google Play store Version.
1. Swipe down on the notifications bar and tap on the cog icon to open the Settings menu.
2. Tap on Apps & notifications.
3. Now, Tap on App info.
4. Search for the Google Playstore and tap on it.
5. Inside the menu, tap on Uninstall Updates to uninstall the updates for the Google Playstore app.
6. Click on Ok in the confirmation box.
Note: Many HTC users frequently reported this issue, but they managed to eliminate this issue by just clearing the data of the HTC lock screen app.
1. Go to the Settings menu and open Applications.
2. Now, search for an application called HTC lock screen, and tap on it.
3. Tap on Force Stop and then tap on Uninstall Updates on the same screen.
Method 8: Reset Network Settings
If the google play store not downloading apps, then you can try resetting the network, this can be done by resetting the network settings.
1. Go to the Settings menu from the Notification bar.
2. Scroll down to System.
3. Now, tap on Reset options.
4. Finally tap on Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth to reset the network.
Also Read: Fix Play Store DF-DFERH-01 Error
Method 9: Perform Factory Reset
If none of the above methods worked for you, you can try Factory Reset your device to fix google play error 963.
Note: you may lose your data, make sure you have a backup.
1. Go to the Settings menu from the notifications bar.
2. Scroll down and click on System.
3. In the next screen tap on Reset options.
4. Finally, tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What causes the Google Play Store error 963?
Ans. It is caused due to the inability to write to the storage, you can re-insert the SD card and see if it fixes the issue.
Q2. What will happen If I clear data and clear the cache on Google PlayStore?
Ans. Clearing the cache may remove the temporary files that belong to Google Play and clearing data will clear all personal settings in Google Playstore, it is advisable to do this step if you face an error.
- Bingo Clash Cheats: Redeem Now
- Fix Google Chrome Disk Full Download Error
- How to Downgrade Android App Without Uninstall
- Fix Error Retrieving Information from Server RPC
We hope the above article on fix Google Play error 963 on Android was helpful and you were able to fix the problem on your device, please let us know which one of the methods worked for you and drop a comment about the article, Thanks!