Google Play Music is well-known music streaming application that lets users listen to their favorite music and podcasts. This application is available on desktop as well as on a mobile app which allows users to hear music online and offline by downloading it. Currently, one can upload up to 50,000 songs for free to their library. Though Google and its applications have fantastic user-friendly experiences, they are also prone to errors as nothing is perfect. One such error is can’t establish a secure connection with Google Play Music which this article will address today. This problem especially happens in Google Play Music when a user tries to upload music to their specific music library. Also, some users reported that they are unable to access any service on Google Play Music. This issue is not related to any specific browser. Google is aware of this problem and working to resolve it permanently. Nevertheless, this article will guide you with troubleshooting steps to fix the error for the time being.
How to Fix Can’t Establish a Secure Connection with Google Play Music
Before moving into the solution, let’s understand the causes behind the can’t establish a secure connection with Google Play Music error which are listed below.
- Third-party antivirus – Interference of antivirus software on the Google Play Music application could cause the error. Many users find this scenario relevant and fixed can’t establish a secure connection with Google Play Music issue.
- Using CD directly to upload in Play Music – Several users speculated that a recent update has been restricting the audio CDs from being uploaded directly to the Google Play Music application. Thus, for such cases, download the audio file from CD to your system first and then try the uploading process.
- Internal application server – As mentioned earlier, Google is aware of the error and accepted it as a fault from their end. Hence, you can try and upload music through the desktop version whenever you are confronted with this error message in the web version.
Note: Google Play Music is not longer available now. So, the below methods may not work anymore. You can use YouTube Music app instead.
To attain the full efficiency of diagnosis, follow the methods in the order given below one by one until you find your fix.
Method 1: Download CD Audio Files
One of the successful technologies used to store data in the past was CDs and DVDs. Currently, these external storage devices became outdated. Even though most of your PC come with CD or DVD drive, the applications or software does not recognize such files. Similarly, it is possible that your Google Play Music app would not recognize audio files if you are trying to import them directly through CD. Hence, download all the audio files you need from CD to your system folder. Then, upload your music to Google Play Music from the respective folder as shown in the steps below;
1. Open the Google Play Music Desktop app.
2. Click on Upload music option.
3. Drag and drop the music files in the Add music window.
Method 2: Disable Third-Party Antivirus (If Applicable)
Antivirus is a widely known program that guards your system against any sort of malicious threat. Sometimes, this guardian angel overwhelms us with over-protectiveness. Also, antiviruses can conflict with many third-party applications for security purposes. This in turn could block the Google Play Music application from certain activities and performances causing hinderance between your system and the Google Play Music application connection. Therefore, turn off all your antivirus programs for the time being. Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 to turn off antivirus for a certain time.
Once done, relaunch Google Play Music and check if the error Code 495 message can’t establish a secure connection with Google Play Music is resolved.
If the issue is resolved, then remember to turn on the protection you have disabled temporarily.
An alternate way is to uninstall the third-party antivirus application from your permanently if you feel it is of no use in the future. To do so, check our guide on How to completely Uninstall Norton from Windows 10 and 5 Ways to Completely Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10.
Note: Uninstallation is not recommended unless you want to do it at your risk.
If this solution did not work, then try out the upcoming method.
Also Read: Fix Google Play Music Keeps Crashing
Method 3: Update Google Play Music
It is not a new fact that using an outdated version of the application causes issues. This is because of its irrelevant compatible features which hold responsible for most of the errors happening around any application, software, or program. Thus, it is imperative to use any application in its latest version. Similarly, check if the Google Play Music application is present in its latest version. If not, update it as soon as possible, and then try uploading the music files. Follow these steps to update Google Play Music Desktop player.
1. Press the Windows key, type apps and features, then click on Open.
2. Here, select the Google Play Music Desktop app and click on Uninstall option.
3. Confirm to Uninstall the app and wait until the uninstallation process is over.
4. Now, reboot the PC and download the latest version Google Play Music Desktop Player app.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
This way might help you to rectify can’t establish a secure connection error with Google Play Music application.
Method 4: Use Music Manager
The fairly common and most attainable fix for the can’t establish a secure connection with google play music error is using music manager to upload your music files. Usually, in many other past scenarios whenever the web version crashes music manager is considered as an alternative way to upload music. Follow the steps given below to upload music files using the music manager.
1. Visit the Google Play Music link and select the Download Music Manager button.
2. Once the executable file is downloaded, double-click and open it.
3. Click Next to run the installation process further.
4. On the Sign-in page, enter your credentials and click Next to proceed further.
5. Now, select the desired location folder to scan the music files required.
6. Once the installation process is done, select the Go to music player button to launch the music manager on your PC.
7. On the Music Manager window, select the Upload tab. Then, click Add folder and go to the location of the music files you saved. Wait till the files get scanned.
8. Once the scanning process is done, click the Upload button which automatically sends those files to your music library.
Hopefully, this method worked out for you. If not, don’t stress out. Follow the next method if you can upload music through the music manager application.
Also Read: Fix Problems with Google Play Music
Method 5: Upload Music File Through Forked Application
Many users reported that the error can’t establish a secure connection with Google Play Music evaded successfully when they used the forked application of music manager to upload music files. Here, use GPMDP (Google Play Music Desktop Player) to resolve this error message. Follow the instructions given below to install and use this forked application to upload music without any issue.
1. Visit the Google Play Music Desktop Player and download the latest executable version file.
2. Once the installation file is downloaded, double-click and open it. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation process in your system.
3. After installing the application, click the Sign-in button and enter credentials to login into your account.
4. It will take a few minutes to complete the login process. So, wait till it gets completed.
5. Now, select Music library on the menu bar present on the right side of the homepage. Then, click ADD YOUR MUSIC option to upload your music files without any interruption.
- 5000+ Funny Kahoot Names
- Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error on Android
- Fix Mozilla Firefox Couldn’t Load XPCOM Error on Windows 10
- How to Perform 5.1 Surround Sound Test on Windows 10
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to find a solution for can’t establish a secure connection with Google Play Music error. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below.