So, you’re all set for some Apex Legends fun, but this Engine Error 0x887a0006 pops up and ruins the game vibe. No worries! In this guide, we’ll help you fix it so you can get back to gaming smoothly.
What Causes Apex Legends Engine Error 0x887a0006 on Steam?
In this section, we have compiled a list of reasons that causes 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUN error. So, continue reading.
- Corrupt or missing game files
- Outdated graphics driver
- Faulty RAM or storage device
- Overclocking of your CPU or GPU
- Low system specifications
- Too many applications running in the background
- Corrupt Windows or game registry entries
- Anti-virus or firewall programs blocking the game
- Issues with your network connection
- Incompatible or outdated version of Apex Legends
- Incompatible overlay settings
How to Fix Apex Legends Engine Error 0x887a0006
Though being one of the face-paced shooter games in the market, it has its own errors. Users have vented out their frustration due to various errors on their social platforms. In this article, we will deal with fixing the error code 0x887a0006. Keep reading!
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before getting into more complex methods for how to fix error 0x887a0006 hung, let us see the simple troubleshooting steps that can fix the issue.
1A. Restart PC
Restarting the PC helps to fix the 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUN error because it can reset the DirectX graphics settings and clear out any corrupted or outdated settings that may be causing the issue. By resetting the settings and clearing out any conflicting files, the Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0005 can be resolved. Follow our guide 6 Ways to Reboot or Restart a Windows 10 Computer to find different methods to reboot your computer.
1B. Ensure Stable Internet Connectivity
Ensuring a stable internet connection helps fix Apex Legends error 0x887a0006 error because this error typically occurs when the game or application cannot access the necessary resources over the internet. Additionally, a reliable internet connection can help to reduce the risk of lag, which can also contribute to this error. Follow our guide on How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 and perform the steps mentioned if you are facing any problems on your PC.
1C. Check and Confirm System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- RAM: 6GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 / Radeon HD 7730
- GPU RAM: 1 GB
- HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22 GB of free space
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- CPU: Intel i5 3570K or equivalent
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
- GPU RAM: 8GB
- HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22 GB of free space
1D. Wait for Apex Legends Server Uptime
Checking server status can help to diagnose and troubleshoot the how to fix error 0x887a0006 hung error. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, including server connectivity issues, hardware problems, or even software conflict. Ensure that the Apex Legends server status is not down and it is not causing the said error.
Method 2: Run Apex Legends Game as Administrator
Running the game as an administrator can help to fix Apex Legends error 0x887a0006. This is because administrator privileges allow you to access and modify the system files required to run the game, such as the graphics drivers. By doing so, you can ensure that the game is able to access and modify the necessary system files and resolve any issues with the graphics drivers.
1. Press the Windows + D keys together to go to the Desktop.
2. Right-click on the Apex Legends game file and select the Run as administrator option.
Check if the error code has been solved or not on your PC.
Method 3: Repair Apex Legends Game Files
Repairing game files helps to fix Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0006 because it can restore corrupted game files to their original state. This ensures that the game runs properly and that no errors are encountered during gameplay. It also eliminates any potential conflicts between the game and the hardware, which can cause the Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0005. Follow our guide How to Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam to verify and repair Apex Legends game on your PC.
Method 4: Update Apex Legends Game
Updating Apex Legends game helps to fix 0x887A0006 error because it ensures that all the game components have the latest fixes and updates. This helps to reduce the chances of errors and issues with the game, as any bugs or glitches in the game can be addressed with the update. It also helps to improve the game’s overall performance, as an outdated game may have issues with compatibility or stability.
Note: The new update is usually available on your device for the Apex Legends game and will be displayed on the Steam home page. You have to click on the UPDATE option.
Follow these steps to enable the automatic update feature on the Steam app:
1. Open the Steam app on your PC and click on the LIBRARY tab.
2. Right-click on the Apex Legends game and click on Properties.
3. Now, shift to the UPDATES tab and click on Always keep this game updated from the AUTOMATIC UPDATES section, as shown.
Method 5: Update Windows
Updating Windows can help fix Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0006 Steam as it ensures the operating system is running the latest version of software and drivers required to run Apex Legends. Outdated drivers and software can lead to many issues and errors, such as the 0x887a0006, and can be easily resolved by updating Windows. If there are any updates pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
Method 6: Disable In-Game Overlay
The Steam Overlay is a piece of Steam that allows the users to access friends list, web browser and allows in-game purchasing. It is a significant tool, yet it sometimes triggers Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0006. If you want to solve this problem, then turn off the Steam game overlay by following the instructions in our guide How to Disable Steam Overlay in Windows 10.
Method 7: Use Dedicated GPUs
Using a dedicated GPU helps to resolve the issue of how to fix Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0006 Steam as dedicated GPUs are usually of higher quality and offer more performance than integrated GPUs. Dedicated GPUs also have much more memory and computing power than integrated GPUs, allowing them to more effectively handle tasks like rendering graphics and running complex algorithms.
1. Right-click on the app shortcut, which you want to use a dedicated graphics card, and select the Run with graphics processor option.
2A. If you are an NVIDIA user, click on High-performance NVIDIA processor from the drop-down menu.
2B. If you are an AMD user, you cannot directly switch to a dedicated processor. Follow the below instructions to add the apps in the list.
- Right-click on empty space on your desktop and open AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Now, select the Catalyst Control Center option from the list.
- On the left pane, click on Power.
- Finally, click on Switchable application graphics settings option under Power and select your GPU.
3. Now, check if DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine error is fixed.
Method 8: Update Device Drivers
Updating device drivers can help fix the Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0006 error as it ensures that the device is running the latest available version of its software. This can help as out of date software can cause errors, as the device may not be able to interact with the most recent version of Windows or other software. Read and implement the steps instructed in our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to do so.
Method 9: Edit Registry Keys
Any missing command lines may contribute to the discussed problem. Try adding the command line by following the below instructions.
Note: Make a backup of registry keys to restore to previous settings in case of manual errors during modification.
1. Open a Text document on your PC.
2. Now, type the following commands in the text file.
3. Save the file as fix.reg and select All files as file types.
4. Confirm any prompt with Yes and restart the game. Now, Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0005 issue must be fixed.
Method 10: Reinstall Apex Legends
Reinstalling the game helps to fix Apex Legends 0x887a0006 error code because it clears out any corrupted or damaged files that may have been causing the issue, and re-downloads them from scratch. It also updates the game, which can potentially fix any bugs that may have been causing the error.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel, and click on Open.
2. Set View by: Category from the top right corner. Then, click on the Uninstall a program option from the Programs section.
3. Locate the Apex Legends game from the list.
4. Right-click on it and click the Uninstall option from the context menu.
5. Wait for the game to be uninstalled and reboot the PC.
6. Now, launch the Steam application and INSTALL the Apex Legends game again.
Recommended: Fix Apex Legends Error 0x00000017 on PC
We hope that our guide on Apex Legends engine error 0x887a0006 helped you out with all your queries regarding this recurring issue and was able to resolve it with the methods given above. If you happen to have any other issues, queries, or suggestions too, please leave them in the comments section below.