You may be confused often as programs that only worked recently don’t start. You might have recently logged into Skype and Photoshop but suddenly, you may end up with download and fix AdbwinApi dll is missing error. If you are also facing the same issue, do not worry at all. In this guide, we have explained what is AdbwinApi.dll and how to fix AdbwinApi.dll is missing issue. Hence, continue reading!
- How to Fix AdbwinApi.dll is Missing Error in Windows 10
- What Causes AdbwinApi DLL is Missing Error?
- Method 1: Use Autoruns to Delete Unused Data
- Method 2: Copy AdbwinApi.dll to the Unlock Folder
- Method 3: Register AdbwinApi.dll File
- Method 4: Repair System Files
- Method 5: Run Malware Scan
- Method 6: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Package
- Method 7. Update Windows
- Method 8: Reinstall Conflicted Apps
- Method 9: Perform System Restore
- Method 10: Reset PC
How to Fix AdbwinApi.dll is Missing Error in Windows 10
The AdbwinApi dll is missing error in your computer is a standard error in Windows PCs that occurs due to multiple reasons. Following are a few points to know about AdbwinApi.dll file.
- AdbwinApi.dll is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file that is called Android ADB API. AdbwinApi.dll is a part of the program of Android SDK which was developed by Google, inc.
- A Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file works when a specific program needs the file. If this file is missing or damaged users face the error the program can’t start because AdbwinApi.dll is missing from your computer which leads to an application crash.
- This file is required in some applications or games to work properly. If AdbwinApi.dll is not there in your application or games it shows some errors whenever you try to open the application or the game.
- When a notification of a missing file appears, users tend to download AdbwinApi.dll.
- You are advised to install the package from official sites like the DLL Kit website hence your computer will be prevented from any threats or malware attacks. Here are some details you have to make a note of.
- File version: 220.127.116.11
- File size: 94.00 KB
- MD5 file sum: 47A6EE3F186B2C2F5057028906BAC0C6
- SHA1 file sum: FDE9C22A2CFCD5E566CEC2E987D942B78A4EEAE8
What Causes AdbwinApi DLL is Missing Error?
We have gathered a lot of reports from several online discussion platforms and consolidated the list of reasons that cause the AdbwinApi.dll missing issue in your Windows 10 computer. Analyzing the reason that contributes to any error is the first step in troubleshooting.
- The AdbwinApi dll file is not properly registered with your device.
- Presence of corrupt files on PC.
- Malware attack.
- Outdated Windows operating system.
- The Windows version is not compatible.
Here are 10 amazing troubleshooting methods that will help you fix AdbwinApi.dll missing issue. Follow them in the same order to attain outstanding solutions.
Method 1: Use Autoruns to Delete Unused Data
Many users are annoyed with AdbwinApi.dll missing Windows 10 issue whenever they start their PC. You may have deleted recently Android Debug Bridge or Android SDK without the official channels, you would have deleted the Android studio or any other application which frequently calls in the AdbwinApi.dll. If you did not do it, it may be due to a virus may infect with AdbwinApi.dll.
Windows is forced to show a pop-up notification that AdbwinApi.dll is missing Windows 10 whenever this happens. If you are sick of getting AdbwinApi.dll missing and if you are looking for a way for fixing it there is a freeware called Autoruns which was developed by a Microsoft engineer and makes it easier in identifying and dealing with registry keys and unused start-up items. Here is a guide to using Autoruns to remove startups that are unused.
1. Go to the Autoruns for Windows download page.
2. Now, click on Autoruns and Autorunsc hyperlink to install the files.
3. Once the file is downloaded on your PC, extract the data of the archive using decompression software.
Note: If the archive folder does not contain any root folder, you can also create a new folder for that.
4. Now, open the Autoruns folder which you have created and double click on Autoruns.exe which opens the software.
5. Wait for the app to launch and the screen with the Everything menu opens.
Note: Remember that this takes a minute depending on the specification of your PC.
6. Now, press Ctrl+ F keys together which opens the search function, type the name of the program in the search function and click on Find Next.
7. Right-click on the program which you use no longer or is not present on your PC and click on Delete.
8. After dealing with the first case, use the search function again and repeat step 6 with the search function and deal with the entries which contain AdbWinAPi.dll.
9. After dealing with the entries close Autoruns and reboot your PC. Now the error AdbwinApi.dll is missing Windows 10 should be fixed.
Method 2: Copy AdbwinApi.dll to the Unlock Folder
When you try to unlock the bootloader on your device, you may face the download and fix AdbwinApi dll missing issue. Most of the time this issue occurs because AdbwinAPi.dll, Fastboot.exe, adb.exe are not present in the folder which keeps the unlock files or because the user’s PC does not have the Android SDK. Here are the details to make sure that you have all the requirements which are necessary for unlocking the bootloader of your phone and to solve the download and fix AdbwinApi dll is missing error.
1. Before you start, check if you have installed Android SDK on your PC. If you already have Eclipse, Android Studio, or another IDE, you will have Android SDK already on your PC. If you do not have it on your computer you can download it from the official website of the developer of Android.
2. Move to the Command line tools only section and download the version which is for Windows.
3. After installing the Android SDK on your computer, go to the folder of SDK installation, the default location is c:\ android-SDK-windows.
4. Copy the files which are listed below and those files will be found in the platform-tools folder.
5. Paste these three files in the folder which have the files which are necessary to unlock your phone to continue the unlock process.
6. Now you can complete it without seeing the AdbwinApi.dll missing error.
Method 3: Register AdbwinApi.dll File
Some users reported that the error AdbwinApi.dll is missing Windows 10 is fixed by registering the AdbwinApi.dll. Follow the below-listed steps to fix the issue.
1. Hit the Windows key and type command prompt, then click on the Run as administrator option.
2. Type regsvr32 ADBWINAPI.DLL command and hit the Enter key.
3. Wait until Windows registers the DLL.
4. Finally, restart the PC and see if the error AdbwinApi.dll missing error is fixed or not.
Method 4: Repair System Files
The SFC (System File Checker) is a useful tool in Windows operating system. The SFC scan is the fastest way to find and fix corrupt files of the system automatically.
If you are wondering how to repair your corrupt files read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair your corrupt files.
Method 5: Run Malware Scan
Malwares on your computer could corrupt the DLL files on your computer by trying to replace the original files with the corrupt files. If you guess the virus attack is interfering with the process, read our guide How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer? and implement the same steps. This helps you fix AdbwinApi.dll is missing error.
To delete the malicious programs on your computer, follow the instructions in our guide, How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10.
Method 6: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Package
Microsoft Visual C++ is an essential software component that is necessary to be installed on your computer for the smooth running of programs. This package runs in the background when you run your games or graphical content. Download and fix AdbwinApi dll is missing Windows 10 could also appear due to corrupt Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. So, what you have to do now is to check if there are any updates available or install the package at an extreme stage.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a program under the Programs menu as shown.
3. Select the Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages and click on the Uninstall option.
Note: In this article, steps to reinstall a single package are demonstrated. Repeat the steps to reinstall all the packages.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
5. Now, visit the Visual C++ Redistributable official download site and download the packages by following the on-screen instructions.
Some of the Visual C++ libraries are listed here.
Also Read: Fix Runtime Error C++ on Windows 10
Method 7. Update Windows
Download and fix AdbwinApi dll is missing can be fixed by a simple Windows update. All the errors of AdbwinApi.dll is missing Windows 10 will be fixed by updating your operating system to the latest version. All the bugs in your computer can be fixed only by a Windows update. To resolve all the problems, check if your operating system is updated by following our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
Once you have updated the operating system, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 8: Reinstall Conflicted Apps
If you still face the error AdbwinApi.dll missing Windows 10 issue try reinstalling the conflicting app after uninstalling it properly.
Note: Here, Zoom is taken as an example, follow the steps according to your conflicting app.
1. Launch the Control Panel from the Windows Search bar.
2. Set View by > Large icons, then select the Programs and Features option.
3. Then, scroll down and click on Zoom and select the Uninstall option.
4. Then, confirm the prompt if any, and wait until the app gets uninstalled on your device. Then, reboot the PC.
5. Visit Zoom official download page and click on the Download button as depicted.
6. Now, navigate to My downloads and launch the ZoomInstaller file.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation on your PC.
Finally, you have reinstalled Zoom on your computer. It would have fixed all the issues associated with the app.
Method 9: Perform System Restore
There are many cases where the latest version of Windows update may break the wireless system of your computer. This issue occurs whenever the current version of your Windows interferes with the existing network configurations. By restoring your system you can bring the version of your computer where it was working smoothly without any issues. Hence, try restoring your computer to fix the error AdbwinApi.dll is missing. To do so, follow our guide on How to use System Restore on Windows 10 and implement the instructions as demonstrated.
After restoring your Windows 10 PC, check if can use your camera.
Method 10: Reset PC
If none of the above methods have helped you to fix AdbwinApi.dll is missing then you have to clean install your Windows Operating System. To clean boot your computer, implement the steps as instructed in our guide How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is a DLL?
Ans. Dynamic Link Library is the expansion for DLL. It serves as a set of functions or instructions to be used by other programs. Saving disk space is the main purpose of a DLL file. This is made possible by providing fast access to the data and code which are required for some applications to function. This makes the computer run fast as the programs use DLL which are shared instead of storing it in files.
Q2. What is AdbwinApi.dll used for?
Ans. AdbwinApi.dll is also called NULL. AdbwinApi.dll is associated with NULL. It ensures that the programs Windows operate properly. AdbwinApi.dll is an essential component of a computer. If the AdbwinApi.dll file is missing from your computer, it affects the performance of your computer and the performance of the associated software.
Q3. Why did you get a DLL error?
Ans. Most of the DLL files are included in Windows by default itself. So, when you install the app, the files may assume that all necessary files are already present. If any of the DLL files are corrupt or missing the error pop-up will be displayed. Most of the time, DLL errors occur due to a virus or malware attack. In some cases, it may occur if you remove it by accident.
Q4. Where to place the AdbwinApi.dll file?
Ans. To fix the AdbwinApi.dll is missing Windows 10 place the file inside the application or in the game installation folder. You can also put the AdbwinApi.dll in the Windows system directory.
- How to View Private Instagram Profiles
- Fix The L2TP Connection Attempt Failed Error on Windows 10
- Fix Bash Syntax Error Near Unexpected Token
- Fix Runtime Error 429 in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix AdbwinApi.dll is a missing error on your device. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.