The best work phone is widely regarded as the CAT S62 series. CAT S62 vs S62 Pro comparison is required to select the phone that is most suited to meet your needs. Both phones are categorized as rugged phones that are built to endure any harm put on them. In this article, we’ll address a lot of your questions about the two phones and help you choose one according to your needs.
Table of Contents
CAT S62 vs S62 Pro Comparison
Both versions are under the brand CAT and a part of the company’s S62 series. The comparison between CAT S62 Pro and S62 is given below:
- Durability- Comparatively to the CAT S62, the CAT S62 Pro has a greater degree of protection rating of IP69, making it more resistant to water and other harsh environments.
- Thermal Imaging- The CAT S62 was blessed with the FLIR camera which is not available on the predecessor CAT S62.
- Battery Life- When compared, the two share the same battery life, however, the CAT S62 is superior to the CAT S62 Pro since it can be charged wirelessly whereas the CAT S62 Pro cannot.
- Camera- With little to no differences in its camera characteristics, the CAT S62 Pro features a unique function that the CAT S62 does not have: FLIR or Thermal imaging.
- Storage- The two’s storage capacities differ slightly from one another. In contrast to the CAT S62 Pro, which has 6GB RAM and 128GB internal memory, the CAT S62 has 4GB of RAM.
- Connectivity- The CAT S62 Pro is compatible with all the main phone service networks and is expected to offer greater connection in areas with weaker networks than the CAT S62.
- Warranty Period- The CAT S62 has a warranty period of 2 years whereas CAT S62 Pro has a warranty period of a year.
The basic design, processor, and Android remain unchanged with CAT S62 Pro. But when it comes to deciding CAT S62 vs S62 Pro, the latter offers more features than the former.
Best Features of CAT S62 Pro
Several noteworthy features of the CAT S62 Pro make it an optimal choice in the rugged phones category.
The phone has an appealing appearance and is made to fit comfortably in your hands. Because it was designed for a harsher environment, it is a little heavier than other smartphones. For simple on/off access, it incorporates a fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone. Your grasp on the phone is secure thanks to the design.
One of the features that extenuate its toughness is its durability. It can survive all rough and harsh environments. Due to its design, which goes above MIL-SPEC 810 protection against dust, shock, water, and high temperatures, it can withstand any sort of challenging environment.
3. Concrete Proof
Its reinforced screen is another advantage. More often than not, we drop our phones on various unforgiving surfaces. According to the company, this phone can resist drops from a height of up to 1.8 meters.
4. FLIR Camera
This phone’s FLIR camera is its most well-liked feature. Due to its thermal camera feature, which functions well in all circumstances and can record high-resolution thermal photography, it is the most sought-after phone. It offers editing tools and clearer photos with its FLIR camera.
Also Read: Why is iPhone Better Than Android?
CAT S62 Pro Specs
The CAT S62 Pro was launched in the year 2020 and works on the GSM/HSPA/LTE networks. The other CAT S62 Pro specs are as follows:
- It has an IPS LCD display of 5.7 inches with a Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
- Its display is 1080 × 2160 pixels with 424 pixels density.
- It can work on both Single SIM and Dual- SIM.
- It functions on the Android 10 operating system.
- It works on Octa-core CPU and Adreno 512 GPU.
- Its processor is Qualcomm SDM660Snapdragon 660.
- Its battery is non-removable Li-ION 4000 mAh.
- It has an internal storage of 128 GB.
- RAM of 6B with 1833 MHz.
- It has a microSDXC memory card slot.
- The positioning- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo
- Wi-Fi- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Its Bluetooth is 5.0.
- It has a Fingerprint Sensor present at the back of the smartphone.
- The USB port is Type-C 2.0 On-The-Go adapter.
CAT S62 Pro Battery Life
CAT S62 Pro battery life doesn’t disappoint much. The battery can last up to 40 hours on a single complete charge with normal use.
- It can go up to a week without charge if the screen is turned off.
- With the phone running on 50% consumption, it can last up to 2 days.
- With the screen being turned on continuously, the charge can last up to 10-12 hours.
- For charging the phone take about 2 hours to reach a 100% charge.
The CAT S62 Pro is an Android phone with sufficient battery life in addition to other desirable features.
CAT S62 Pro Thermal Camera
One of the unique qualities integrated into the CAT S62 Pro is its thermal camera. The FLIR heat camera is in-built into its system with a Lepton 3.5 sensor which has a 160 x 120 pixel.
- To get photographs with a greater resolution, pairing the other camera with CAT S62 Pro thermal camera is convenient.
- The number of thermal pixels is significantly increased by four times with FLIR, a top-tier professional sensor.
- You may use this camera to find any temperature anomalies.
- Its FLIR camera can take thermal pictures in four different modes, and thanks to VividIR, these images are sharp and clear.
- You may quickly alter the photos using the MyFlir software that is already included in your CAT S62Pro system.
- You may include measurement scales, vary the image’s temperature, and even alter the colors to create different contrasts.
- When taking the photograph, both the hot and cold parts of the item or subject will be visible.
The thermal camera feature adds to the CAT S62 Pro’s uniqueness and adds to the value of the phone. Now, read the next section to know if CAT S62 pro is waterproof or not.
Is CAT S62 Pro Waterproof?
Having a waterproof phone is a blessing since we have too many phone-related mishaps, and if you work in a field that is directly tied to the water, you may be wary of even handling your phone with wet fingers. You won’t need to worry about this because it is one of the CAT S62 Pro distinctive characteristics.
- The work can work well even when completely submerged in the water.
- It can go as low as 1.5 meters of depth in water and will still be completely functional.
- The phone can last up to 35 minutes completely submerged in water.
- It is one of the best phones for clicking pictures inside the water as the pictures taken are still sharp and of good quality resolution.
- The phone can be handled even with wet fingers. The phone sensors can easily sense the swipe of your fingertips without displaying any operational problems.
- Even when your phone is submerged in water, you can easily navigate through your phone.
In short, to provide an answer to your question about is CAT S62 Pro waterproof? Yes, very much so which makes purchasing it a good choice.
Also Read: Which is Better Between Samsung vs iPhone?
What are CAT S62 Pro Problems?
There are always a few negatives just like the positives for any product. A few features of the phone have left the users a little unsatisfactory with its performance.
1. Average Camera Quality
Although the phone claims to feature a high-quality FLIR camera, it just has a basic camera of lesser quality. Its front and back cameras just cannot produce the same enchantment as the thermal camera.
2. Low Display Quality
Being a rugged phone, its primary need is that it performs well in an outside setting; nevertheless, it lacks the screen brightness needed for outdoor use. Direct sunlight completely obscures the display, which is bad for its rugged character.
3. Antiquated Processor
The Qualcomm SDM660Snapdragon 660, which powers the CAT S62 Pro, is no longer relevant due to subsequent developments in this field. This version of the phone’s chipset is considerably less effective than the latest Snapdragon model, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G.
4. Average Battery Life
An 11-hour battery life for a rugged phone might be considered extremely inadequate compared to its counterparts. The battery life is mediocre but not terrible. Given its capabilities, it could have been able to attain a longer battery life. Its CPU and display are to blame for making the battery drain more quickly.
5. Long Lags and Loading Time
Compared to other rugged phones, the phone is slower. Daily tasks and memory storage on the phone take longer to complete. The functions of the phone are quite sluggish and it takes time to perform even the smallest of tasks. The eMMC 128GB storage is mostly to blame for the phone’s slow performance.
The CAT S62Pro has its downfalls but if we compare the CAT S62 vs CAT S62Pro, the latter is better than the former on many criteria.
CAT S62 Pro Price
The CAT S62 Pro’s FLIR camera, which is generating all the buzz about the device as a spectacular piece of technology, is the most sought aspect of the product. When it comes to thermal imaging, the CAT S62 Pro is the finest option and offers a sufficient battery life. Additionally, the fact that it is waterproof earns it kudos to customers. Its excellence is enhanced by the screen’s durability and unbelievable unbreaking ability.
Price: 556.68 USD
- Fix Microsoft Edge Shortcut Keeps Appearing on Desktop
- Microsoft Lists VS Planner: What to Use?
- 1440p vs 4K: Which is Better?
- Otterbox Symmetry Vs Defender Series: Which is Better?
We hope that this doc could guide you on the topic of CAT S62 VS S62 Pro comparison. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.