If you plan to become a Dasher with DoorDash, you must have gathered all the information to open your account. However, for a positive and fruitful partnership, it’s important to know the extent of authority this platform can have over your account. This article will help you understand if DoorDash can delete your Dasher account and how to reactivate it if that happens.
Table of Contents
Can DoorDash Delete Your Dasher Account?
Yes, DoorDash can delete a Dasher account in certain cases, like:
- Violating DoorDash’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
- Engaging in fraud or misconduct
- Failing to meet DoorDash’s requirements or standards
- Receiving multiple customer complaints
It is essential for Dashers to adhere to DoorDash’s policies and maintain a good reputation to avoid their account being deleted.
What Happens If DoorDash Deactivates Your Account?
If DoorDash deactivates your account, you will lose access to their platform for ordering or delivering food. You will be notified of the deactivation through the DoorDash app and email. Account deactivation can occur due to certain policy violations and failure to meet delivery standards.
Note: Deleting the DoorDash account is a permanent action, and you won’t be able to reactivate it. If you believe there has been a mistake, you can appeal to DoorDash support to reactivate your account.
Also Read: Why did DoorDash Deactivate Your Account?
What Happens If You Delete Your Dasher Account?
Note: Before deleting your Dasher account, make sure you have resolved any pending issues or payments with DoorDash.
How Long Can You be Inactive on DoorDash?
The inactive periods for regular users on DoorDash do not typically lead to account deletion. However, for Dashers, it is recommended to communicate with DoorDash support when taking extended leaves.
However, you must note these cases that may cause account deactivation:
- If a DoorDash account remains unused for an extended period, such as more than 10 years, it may be deactivated.
- For Dashers, account deactivation can occur if their consumer rating falls below 4.2 or if their completion rate drops to 80% or below after accepting a minimum of 20 orders.
It’s important to note that Dashers with good ratings and reviews can request longer breaks by notifying DoorDash beforehand.
Can My DoorDash Account be Reactivated?
Yes, it is possible to reactivate your DoorDash account. However, not all deactivated accounts can be reactivated, as it depends on the reason for the deactivation.
- If your account was deactivated due to a violation of DoorDash’s terms of service or community guidelines, it may not get reactivated.
- If your account was deactivated due to fraudulent or illegal activity, reactivation is unlikely to happen.
- If your account was deactivated due to performance issues or customer feedback, you may have the option to request a review or appeal the decision in order to regain access to your account.
Also Read: Can You Reopen a Closed Zipcar Account?
How to Reactivate DoorDash Account?
You can learn how to reactivate your DoorDash account with these steps:
1. Visit this DoorDash Help page on your browser.
2. Click on this form link, as shown below.
3. Select the English radio button as your preferred language and click on the Submit option.
4. Enter your DoorDash registered email ID.
5. Select the desired reason for deactivation and click on the Next option.
6. Enter your name, phone number, and evidence for reactivation in the respective fields.
7. Click on the Submit option to submit your reactivation request.
Within a few days, you will receive an email with the further process of account reactivation.
We hope you now know that DoorDash can delete your Dasher account and the reasons behind account deactivation. Also, after learning the steps to reactivate it, you can rejoin this platform as a dasher easily. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below.