VirtualBox is free software that you can use to run multiple operating systems on the PC. It is also open-source software. It can be used for both professional and personal use. You can contribute to the development of the software if you wish to do so. It supports disk encryption. The user manual is provided to users. You can view the changes made to the source code. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, and Solaris. Now that we know about VirtualBox, we can discuss about VirtualBox alternatives free.
Best VirtualBox Alternatives
Here is the list of software that you can use in your day-to-day life. We have listed its features along with the price. Keep reading to know about them.
VMware is a VirtualBox alternative available for free from official website. This software allows you to run multiple operating systems as virtual machines on your device. It is compatible with Windows 10. If you are a student, then you can consider this software as it is a great tool for learning. Some of its features are as follows:
- It is secure and reliable.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- Moreover, it allows safe web browsing.
- It supports Windows 10/8/7/XP, Ubuntu, RedHat, SUSE, Oracle Linux, and others.
2. VMware Workstation Player
VMware Workstation Player can be downloaded on Windows and Linux. But this allows you to run almost all the OS on your Windows or Linux. It has fast encryption, which ensures security. Some of its excellent features are as listed below-
- Virtual network customization is possible with this software.
- By using this, you can take Snapshots.
- It supports work from anywhere.
- It allows you to create new VMs.
- Moreover, you can manage an encrypted VM.
3. VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Workstation Pro is paid software. It runs only on Windows and Linux. Moreover, a dark mode user interface is provided by it to users. It allows you to run games on your Windows and Linux that are only available for Mac. Some of its important features are listed below:
- It allows you to create new Kubernetes clusters.
- It supports Virtual Network Customization.
- You can manage encrypted VM.
- Moreover, it is secure, and the vGPU rendering engine runs in a separate sandbox for optimal privacy.
- It can instantly create linked clones of VM copies.
Portable-VirtualBox is one of VirtualBox alternatives free. It is open-source software that allows for the installation-free running of any operating system off a USB stick. If you wish to install it, you can read the download instructions on its website. Some of its key features are as follows:
- You can select a language for GUI.
- It allows you to splash the screen to start and end.
- Also, it allows you to set up network and USB support.
- Settings are saved in editable *.ini files.
- Moreover, it can automatically look for updates for VirtualBox.
- It launches a VM or the VirtualBox GUI first.
- It sets up shortcuts for controlling your virtual machine.
- It verifies the existence of the VirtualBox files.
CAMEYO is an alternative to VirtualBox. It has a user-friendly interface which makes it easier to use. With the help of CAMEYO, you can deploy new applications instantly. Also, it is cost-effective. Its excellent features are listed below:
- It has backup and recovery support.
- File management is also possible with CAMEYO.
- Mobile application is also available.
- You can partner with CAMEYO.
- A free trial is also available.
- It is secure.
- You do not need VPN if you use CAMEYO.
- The pricing of the software varies depending on the specifications you need.
QEMU stands for Quick Emulator. It is a VirtualBox alternatives free software. It is open source and supports many advanced features. Apart from this, it can be installed from MacPorts. Some of its key features are:
- It is available for free.
- You can install this from Homebrew.
- Moreover, you can report a bug.
- It is lightweight.
- It supports scripts.
Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac is a paid VirtualBox alternative. It has a user-friendly interface and is easy to install. Not only this, but it is a trusted software also. By using this software, Microsoft Office for Windows and more than 200,000 other Windows programs can be used on a Mac. Let us look at some of its key features:
- It can drag and drop files or seamlessly paste text between Mac and Windows.
- Moreover, it is fast.
- Also, you can play games that are available only for Windows on Mac by using this software.
- It conserves disk space.
- Round-the-clock technical support is provided to customers.
- Parallels also provide intelligent scaling and unique screen resolutions for different displays.
- It provides retina display support.
- You can download Windows 11 with just one click.
- Free upgrade is also available in all the paid versions.
8. V2 Cloud
Another alternative to VirtualBox is V2 Cloud. It is a great choice for you if you are an independent software vendor, managed service provider, business owner, and IT Manager. It has global data centers. You will also get a free trial. Some of its key features are as follows:
- You will get technical support.
- Moreover, it has two-factor authentication.
- Apart from this, it has a self-service portal.
- Third-party integration is also available.
- It supports screen sharing between users.
- Virtual Windows desktops hosted in the cloud are simple to deploy in fewer than ten clicks.
- You can get access to cloud-hosted virtual Windows.
|The founder (Basic)||$40|
|The Startup (Basic)||$70|
|The SMB (Basic)||$140|
|The Firm (Basic)||$280|
|The Company (Basic)||$560|
|The Enterprise (Basic)||$1120|
Kasm is another alternative to VirtualBox. Data loss can be prevented by using it. Kasm keeps your web browsing secure and private. App streaming is also possible with this software. Some of its excellent features are as follows:
- No VPN is required if you are using Kasm.
- You will get a customized desktop.
- It is open source.
- Application management is available.
- It is secure as two-factor authentication is there.
- Web content filtering is possible with Kasm.
- Moreover, it has a transparent pricing policy.
10. Citrix DaaS
Another user-friendly software is Citrix DaaS. It is also reliable as it ensures that your personal information remains protected. It also enhances your productivity through the advanced tools that it possesses. Some of the important features are as follows:
- Session recording is possible.
- Advanced monitoring is also its key feature.
- It has advanced image management tools.
- It simplifies virtual applications.
|Citrix DaaS Standard||$10|
|Citrix DaaS Advanced Plus||$13|
|Citrix DaaS Premium||$20|
|Citrix DaaS Premium Plus||$23|
11. Proxmox Virtual Environment
Another user-friendly software is Proxmox Virtual Environment. It is a complete, open-source server management platform for enterprise virtualization. By using this, you can easily deploy software-based infrastructure. Some of its key features are listed below:
- It has a command line interface.
- It also has a web-based management interface.
- Moreover, a Proxmox cluster file system is also available.
|Premium||890€ per year|
|Standard||445€ per year|
|Basic||295€ per year|
|Community||95€ per year|
Azure allows you to monitor virtual machines for free for 12 months. It is also one of best free VirtualBox alternatives that is secure and reliable. You can learn about the fundamentals of this tool from the website, as videos are available. Let us look at some of its key features:
- It has API management.
- An archive storage feature is also available.
- Moreover, it simplifies cloud management.
- By using this, you can extend Azure management.
- You can add real-time communications.
- Azure also provides a bot service.
- It allows you to process visual data.
- Azure has a cost management tool.
- It can tag faces in images.
- A security center is also available.
- You can convert speech to text.
13. Amazon WorkSpaces
You may give your users access to virtual, cloud-based Microsoft Windows, Amazon Linux, or Ubuntu Linux desktops with the help of Amazon WorkSpaces. As your needs change, you may quickly add or remove users. Users can use different devices or web browsers to access their virtual desktops. Key features of this VirtualBox alternative are listed below:
- You can control the IP addresses.
- Multi-factor authentication is there.
- Amazon Workspaces allows you to manage applications.
- It allows you to choose the protocol.
14. vSphere Hypervisor
vSphere Hypervisor is a user-friendly tool. You can manage your IT infrastructure by using this. Apart from this, you consolidate your applications by using this tool. Let us look at some of its key features:
- It ensures efficient storage allocation.
- It is reliable.
- Live migration of virtual machines is possible.
- vSphere blogs are available that provide a technical guide.
15. VMware Fusion
By using VMware Fusion on your Mac, you can run Windows, Kubernetes, and other software on your Mac. Some of its excellent features are as follows-
- You can run Windows 11 games.
- Assistive technologies are also available.
- It runs in an isolated Sandbox.
- It allows easy-to-share files between virtual machines and Mac.
- No need to deploy Kernel extensions if you use this.
- You can create and manage encrypted VM.
- Apart from this, you can create linked and full clones.
- You can take snapshots.
|VMware Fusion 13 Player||$119.20|
|VMware Fusion 13 Player Upgrade||$79|
|VMware Fusion 13 Pro||$159.20|
|VMware Fusion 13 Pro Upgrade||$99|
- Fix Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling Not Showing
- 17 Best Free Anonymous Feedback Tool
- VirtualBox Vs. VMware Player: Which is Best for Virtualization?
- Fix VMware Error Code 21001 in Windows 10
We hope our doc has guided you extremely well about free VirtualBox Alternatives. We have listed some amazing and extremely easy-to-use alternatives for you. Let us know about your favorite tool, and also leave your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.