Microsoft Word is the best word processing software available in the technology market. It is a great Word Processing Software where you can insert graphics, images, word arts, charts, 3D models, screenshots, and many such modules. One great aspect of Microsoft Word is that it offers a variety of fonts to use in your documents. These fonts will definitely add value to your text. One must choose a font that suits the text to make it easier for people to read. Cursive fonts are famous among users and are primarily used by users for decorative invitations, stylish text work, informal letters, and a lot of other things.
What is a Cursive Font?
Cursive is a style of a font where the letters touch each other. That is, the characters of the writing are joined. One speciality of the cursive font is the stylishness of the font. Also, when you use cursive fonts in your document, the letters would be in a flow, and the text would appear as if it is hand-written.
What is the Best Cursive Font in Microsoft Word?
Well, there are a bunch of good cursive fonts that would look great on your document. If you are looking for some of the best cursive fonts in Microsoft Word, then you should carefully go through the below guide. We have a list of some of the best cursive fonts, and we bet that you will love them.
How to Install the Fonts on your Windows 10 PC
Before discussing the names of some of the best Cursive Fonts in MS Word, we must tell you how to install these fonts on your system so that you can use them in Microsoft Word. Once installed, these fonts can also be used outside of Microsoft Word as the fonts are installed system-wide. So you can easily use any font you installed, in all of your applications such as MS PowerPoint, Adobe PhotoShop, etc.
There are many websites where you can find various pretty cursive fonts for your use. You can download these fonts and install them to use inside Microsoft Word or inside other software on your system. Although, most of the fonts are free to use but to use some of them, you might need to purchase them. You must pay a certain amount to download & install such fonts. Let’s see how to download and install fonts on your Windows 10 laptop:
1. Once you download a font, double-click on the TrueType Font file (extension . TTF) to open the file.
2. Your file would open and show something like this (refer below screenshot). Click on the Install button, and it would install the respective font on your computer or laptop.
3. Now you can use the font in Microsoft Word and also in other software on your System.
4. Alternatively, you can also install fonts by navigating to the following folder:
5. Now copy & paste the TrueType Font file (of the font you wish to install) inside the above folder.
6. Restart your PC and Windows would automatically install the font on your system.
Downloading Fonts from Google Fonts
Google Fonts is a great place to get thousands of free fonts. To get your required fonts from Google Fonts,
1. Open up your favourite browsing application and type google.com in the address bar and hit Enter.
2. The Google Fonts repository would show up, and you can download any font you wish. If you need cursive fonts, you can search for such fonts using the search bar.
3. Keywords such as “Handwriting” and “Script” would be helpful to search a cursive font rather than the word “cursive” itself.
4. Once you have found the desired font, click on it.
5. The font window will open, then you can click on the Download family option. Clicking on the option would begin downloading of the particular font.
6. After the font is downloaded, you can use the above procedure to install the fonts on your system.
- Whenever you download a font file from the internet, chances are it will be downloaded as a zip file. Make sure to extract the zip file before you install the font.
- If you have an active window of Microsoft Word (or any other such app), then the fonts you installed will not reflect in any of the software which is currently active. You need to exit and completely close the program to access the new fonts.
- If you have used third-party fonts in your projects or presentations, then you should take the font installation file with your project as you will need to install this font on the system which you will use to give the presentation. In short, always have a good backup of your fonts file.
Some of the Best Cursive Fonts in Microsoft Word
There are already hundreds of cursive fonts available in Microsoft Word. But most people don’t make the best use of them as they do not recognize the names of these fonts. Another reason is that people don’t have time to browse through all the available fonts. So we have curated this list of some of the best cursive fonts you can use in your word document. The below-listed fonts are already available in Microsoft Word, and you can format your text using these fonts easily.
- Edwardian Script
- Kunstler Script
- Lucida Handwriting
- Rage Italic
- Script MT Bold
- Segoe Script
- Viner Hand
- Vladimir Script
We hope this guide was helpful, and now you know some of the best cursive fonts available in Microsoft Word. And you’re also aware how to download and install third-party fonts on your system. In case of any doubts, suggestions, or queries, you can make use of the comments section to reach out to us.
Elon is a tech writer at TechCult. He’s been writing how-to guides for about 6 years now and has covered many topics. He loves to cover topics related to Windows, Android, and the latest tricks and tips.