8 Best WhatsApp Web Tips & Tricks: WhatsApp’s free web service has no doubts, eased our lives to a great extent. WhatsApp Web enables you to read messages and reply to them, to access, download or share media files and do everything that you can do on WhatsApp mobile app, through your computer. WhatsApp Web offers a great messaging experience and to make it even better, here are a few tips and tricks that you might need in your everyday routine. But first of all, you should know how to open WhatsApp Web on your web browser.
How to open Web WhatsApp
1.On your web browser, go to web.whatsapp.com. You will be able to see a QR code that has to be scanned through your phone.
2.Open WhatsApp on your phone and tap on the three-dot menu.
3.Select the WhatsApp Web option and click on Scan the QR code.
4.Scan the QR Code using your phone and WhatsApp Web will open up and you will be able to see all your chats and messages on your computer.
5.Note that to use WhatsApp Web, both your phone and your computer need an Internet connection.
How to log out from WhatsApp Web
1.Open WhatsApp on your phone and tap on the three-dot menu.
2.Select the WhatsApp Web option.
3.It will show all the devices that your account is logged in from. Select the required device and click on ‘LOG OUT’.
- 8 Best WhatsApp Web Tips & Tricks ?
- Tip 1: Whatsapp Web Keyboard Shortcuts
- Tip 2: Type Emojis Using Keyboard
- Tip 3: Emoticons for Emojis
- Tip 4: Drag and Drop your files to Upload
- Tip 5: Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts
- Tip 6: Avoid Blue Ticks
- Tip 7: Use WAToolkit for Message Preview
- Tip 8: Use Zapp to manage volume and playback speed
8 Best WhatsApp Web Tips & Tricks ?
Following are the tips and tricks that you can use:
Tip 1: Whatsapp Web Keyboard Shortcuts
The following keyboard shortcuts will help you do things faster because using mouse takes quite some time.
- Ctrl + N: Start a new chat
- Ctrl + Shift + ]: Next chat
- Ctrl + Shift + [: Previous chat
- Ctrl + E: Archive chat
- Ctrl + Shift + M: Mute chat
- Ctrl + Backspace: Delete chat
- Ctrl + Shift + U: Mark as unread
- Ctrl + Shift + N: Create new group
- Ctrl + P: Open profile status
Other general keyboard shortcuts also work with WhatsApp Web like:
- Ctrl + X: Cut
- Ctrl + C: Copy
- Ctrl + V: Paste
- Ctrl + A: Select all
- Ctrl + F: Search
- Alt + F4: Exit app
Tip 2: Type Emojis Using Keyboard
WhatsApp is famous for its emojis. We are so used to expressing our emotions through emojis that it is now impossible to not use them. Using emojis on WhatsApp Web can be faster if you do it from the keyboard.
1.In the text area of any chat, type colon and the first few letters of your desired emoji. For example, type ‘:haha’ for a funny emoji.
2.Emoji prompts will appear on your screen.
3.Use left and right arrow keys to switch between the emojis. Press enter to add that emoji in your message.
Tip 3: Emoticons for Emojis
We have all used emoticons in our text messages at some point of time. WhatsApp Web auto converts these emoticons to its emojis and you don’t even have to follow the colon method. For example, if you type 🙂 it will be auto-converted to the smiling emoji and >_< converts to laughing emoji, etc. Using this method will enhance your message typing speed a lot.
However, if you prefer to use emoticons and don’t want to use emojis, install cross-platform userscript manager like Tampermonkey and install WhatsApp Emoticon Preserver in it.
Tip 4: Drag and Drop your files to Upload
You can send attachments on WhatsApp Web by clicking on the paper clip icon on the top right corner of any chat but there is another much easier way to do that. Just open the folder that you want to upload the file from and drag and drop the file into the chat to upload it.
Tip 5: Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts
Sometimes, you might need to use two or more different WhatsApp accounts on the same computer, to do this you can use private browsing mode on your web browser to log into an account other than the one logged into from the normal browsing mode. You can also use another account from some other web browser on your computer.
If you want to use just two accounts, you can use dyn.web.whatsapp.com, which is a proxy app and is safe and verified.
Tip 6: Avoid Blue Ticks
If you want to read messages without the sender knowing it through the blue ticks, the general method is to turn off the read receipts from your WhatsApp mobile app. But, for WhatsApp Web, there is another fool-proof way of doing the same.
- In your WhatsApp Web window, open the chat.
- Open any window and adjust its size such that you can still view any new message that is sent in the background.
- Now, click on this window and keep your cursor over the window. This, for your computer, means that you working on the window and not on WhatsApp.
- Any message you receive on this chat now will be visible to you, but for the sender, only grey ticks will appear until you click on WhatsApp Web window.
- This method allows you to view messages of one chat only.
Tip 7: Use WAToolkit for Message Preview
WAToolkit is the best-rated extension for WhatsApp. It enables always-on notifications. You can receive WhatsApp notifications even when WhatsApp tab is not open. Moreover, the messages that you read through the notifications do not send read receipts. Another amazing feature is its wide text bubble that enables full chat panel width for the messages.
Tip 8: Use Zapp to manage volume and playback speed
Since WhatsApp Web doesn’t allow you to make calls, voice messages become more frequent. Managing these voice messages becomes so much simpler with Zapp extension. It appears on the top right corner of your screen and allows you to increase volume or playback speed easily with arrow keys or mouse wheel.
So, these were a few tips and tricks that can totally change your WhatsApp Web experience and that you can use in your everyday lives
- Fix Failed To Enumerate Objects In The Container Error
- Install Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) on Windows 10
- Permanently Disable Cortana on Windows 10
- How to Rotate Your Computer Screen
I hope this article was helpful and now you can easily use these 8 Best WhatsApp Web Tips & Tricks in your day to day life, but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.