When your iPhone 10, 11, 12, or the latest iPhone 13 screen freezes or won’t turn off, you are recommended to force shut it off. You might wonder: my iPhone is frozen and won’t turn off or reset? Such issues usually arise due to the installation of unknown software; therefore, force restarting your iPhone or resetting it is the best option. Today, we bring to you a guide that will help you fix iPhone 11, 12 or 13 won’t turn off issue.
- How to Fix My iPhone is Frozen and Won’t Turn Off or Reset
- Method 1: Turn Off your iPhone 10/11/12/13
- Method 2: Force Restart of iPhone 10/11/12/13
- Method 3: Restart iPhone 10/11/12/13 Using AssistiveTouch
- Method 4: Restore iPhone Using iCloud
- Method 5: Restore iPhone Using iTunes
- Method 6: Contact Apple Support Team
How to Fix My iPhone is Frozen and Won’t Turn Off or Reset
Method 1: Turn Off your iPhone 10/11/12/13
Here are the steps to turn off your iPhone using just the hard keys.
1. Press and hold the Volume down + Side buttons simultaneously.
2. A buzz emanates, and the slide to power off option appears on the screen.
3. Slide it towards the right end to turn off your iPhone.
Note: To turn ON your iPhone 10/11/12/13, press and hold the Side button for a while, and you are good to go.
Method 2: Force Restart of iPhone 10/11/12/13
The below-mentioned steps are applicable for iPhone 10, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 to fix iPhone won’t turn off issue.
1. Press the Volume up button and leave it quickly.
2. Now, quick-press the Volume down button as well.
3. Next, long-press the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
4. If you have a passcode enabled on your device, then proceed by entering it.
This should answer your query my iPhone is frozen and won’t turn off or reset. If not, try the next fix.
Also Read: How to Fix iPhone 7 or 8 Won’t Turn Off
Method 3: Restart iPhone 10/11/12/13 Using AssistiveTouch
If you cannot access any/all of the hard keys due to physical damage to the device, you can try this method instead. This, too, will help fix iPhone 10, 11, 12, or 13 won’t turn off issue.
Step I: Turn on AssistiveTouch Feature
1. Launch Settings on your device.
2. Navigate to General followed by Accessibility.
3. Here, select Touch and tap AssistiveTouch.
4. Finally, toggle ON AssistiveTouch as depicted below.
Note: AssistiveTouch allows you to use your iPhone if you are facing difficulty touching the screen or require an adaptive accessory.
There is a simpler method to access AssistiveTouch on your iOS device. Just ask Siri to do it!
Step II: Add Restart icon to AssistiveTouch Feature
5. Tap Customize Top Level Menu… option.
6. In this menu, tap any icon to allocate the Restart function to it.
Note: To manage the number of icons on this screen, you can use the (plus) + icon to add a new feature or the (minus) – icon to remove an existing function.
7. Scroll down the menu and tap Restart.
8. Now, the Restart button will be added to your assistive touch.
9. Restart your device by long-pressing the Restart icon, here onwards.
Method 4: Restore iPhone Using iCloud
Apart from the above, restoring the iPhone from backup might also help you to get rid of my iPhone is frozen and won’t turn off or reset issue. Here’s how to do so:
1. First, go to the Settings application. You can either find it on your Home screen or using the Search menu.
2. Here, tap on General > Reset.
3. Delete all photos, contacts, and applications stored in your iPhone by tapping Erase All Content and Settings, as depicted.
4. Now, restart the iOS device by using any of the first three methods.
5. Navigate to Apps & Data screen.
6. Log in to your iCloud account after tapping Restore from iCloud Backup option.
7. Backup your data by selecting a suitable backup option from Choose Backup section.
In this way, your phone is cleared of all unnecessary files or bugs while your data remains intact. After backing up your data on your phone, it should function glitch-free.
Also Read: Fix iCloud Photos Not Syncing to PC
Method 5: Restore iPhone Using iTunes
Alternatively, you can Restore your iOS device using iTunes as well. Read below to learn to do so in order to fix my iPhone is frozen and won’t turn off or reset issue.
1. Launch iTunes by connecting your iPhone to a computer. This can be done with the help of its cable.
Note: Make sure that your device is connected properly to the computer.
2. Search for the latest updates for iTunes by click on iTunes > Check for Updates, as illustrated below.
3. Sync your data:
- If your device has automatic sync ON, it begins to transfer data, like newly added photos, songs, and applications you have purchased, as soon as you plug in your device.
- If your device does not sync on its own, then you have to do it yourself. On the left pane of iTunes, you will see an option titled, Summary. Tap on it, then tap on Sync. Thus, the manual sync setup is done.
4. Go back to the first information page inside iTunes. Select the option titled Restore iPhone… as shown highlighted.
5. A warning prompt asking: Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone to its factory settings? All of your media and other data will be erased will pop up. Since you have already synced your data, you can proceed by tapping the Restore button, as depicted.
6. When you select this option for the second time, the Factory Reset process begins. Here, the iOS device retrieves its software to restore itself to its proper functioning.
Caution: Do not disconnect your device from the computer until the entire process is completed.
7. Once Factory Reset is done, you will be asked whether you want to restore your data or set it up as a new device. Depending on your requirement & convenience, tap either of these and proceed. When you choose to restore, all data, media, photos, songs, applications, and messages will be restored. Depending on the size of data that needs to be restored, the estimated restoring time will vary.
Note: Do not disconnect your device from the system until the data restore process is complete.
8. After the data has been restored on your iPhone, and your device will restart itself. You can now disconnect the device from your computer and begin using it.
Also Read: Fix iTunes Keeps Opening By Itself
Method 6: Contact Apple Support Team
- How to Transfer Playlist from iPhone to iTunes
- Fix AirPods Disconnecting From iPhone
- Fix AirPods Only Playing in One Ear
- Why is My Mac Internet So Slow All of a Sudden?
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix iPhone 10, 11, 12, or 13 won’t turn off issue. Let us know which method worked for you in answering why your iPhone is frozen and won’t turn off or reset issue. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section.