Instagram Stories are like quick glimpses into our lives, letting us share moments with friends and followers everywhere in the form of photos and videos.
Usually, story uploads expire only after 24 hours, unless you add it as a highlight.
However, sometimes, users have noticed that their Instagram stories have disappeared before the usual 24 hours.
Let’s figure out why this happens and how to fix it.
Do Instagram Stories Disappear Before 24 Hours and Why?
If you have observed that they get removed or deleted before the 24-hour time limit then there could be several reasons behind this issue, some of which are listed below:
- Weak internet connection
- Wrong date and time
- Technical glitch
- Instagram Guidelines Violation
How to Fix Instagram Story Deleted Before 24 Hours Issue
It can mess up the overall engagement on your account if your Instagram stories vanish too soon. We can help you fix this error.
Quick Answer: Ensure that Instagram servers are working fine. Try restarting the app and then the device to remove minor glitches that might be causing the issue.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. The steps were performed on Samsung S20 FE 5G, as shown in the illustrations below.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Sometimes, your stories might struggle to upload or could end up corrupt due to a poor and unstable internet connection. Hence, make sure to boost the internet speed on your phone and upload the story while the connection is good.
Method 2: Re-Login to Your Account
Another simple way that has helped multiple users get rid of this IG story disappeared issue is re-logging into their accounts. Do the same and see if that helps you too.
Method 3: Re-upload the Story
Possibilities are that your story got deleted accidentally by you or someone else using your phone. You can re-upload the story.
Method 4: Change Date and Time
If you’ve changed the date and time of your device, reset it to its original date and time zone. It may or may not work for you but you can give it a try.
1. Open Settings and tap on General management from the menu.
2. Tap on Date and time and turn the toggle on for Automatic date and time.
3. Now upload a story on Instagram and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 5: Update App
App updates often include bug fixes and improvements. If your Instagram story gets deleted before 24 hours might be due to bugs, and updating the app could help fix the same.
Method 6: Clear App Cache
As you use Instagram, the app stores cache data on the device, which over time can get damaged or corrupt and that might be why your story disappeared. Clear them out to avoid such issues.
1. Open Settings and tap on Apps.
2. Tap on Instagram, followed by Storage, and then tap on Clear cache.
Method 7: Report to Instagram
If the above methods fail to resolve the problem, report the issue to Instagram’s technical support team as they can help in resolving the problem.
1. Open Instagram and navigate to the Settings and Privacy menu
2. Tap on Help, followed by Report a problem.
3. Tap on Report a problem and turn the toggle off for Shake phone to report a problem.
4. Tap on Include and continue. Describe the problem you’re facing and finally tap on Send.
How to Prevent Your Instagram Story from Disappearing Before 24 Hours
Here are some tips that should be kept in mind to prevent your Instagram story from disappearing before 24 hours:
- Make sure to follow Instagram’s community guidelines as they may remove your story if it contains offensive or inappropriate content and also you might get your account disabled or banned.
- Do not share your account credentials with anyone else, as they might use your account and delete your uploaded story.
- Keep the app updated to remove bugs and glitches.
- Add your Insta story to Highlights to ensure that your content remains accessible beyond the standard 24-hour timeframe.
We hope our guide helped you understand why your Instagram story disappeared and also how to fix the issue.
If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section.
Stay tuned to TechCult for more such tech-related guides.