The invite links are necessary to add someone to the Discord server. If you’re not able to send invites, then don’t be frustrated! In this article, we’ll explore why Discord link is invalid or expired and fix this glitch to add people to the server.
Why Does My Discord Invite Link Keep Expiring? Understanding the Causes and Solutions
One of the most convenient ways to invite people to a Discord server is by sharing an invite link. But, sometimes your Discord invites may be invalid. Wondering why does my Discord link keeps expiring? Today’s guide will discuss why your invite link is invalid or expired and provide solutions to fix it.
Try checking the Discord servers are up and running. Also, you can generate another invite link by following these steps:
1. Open a Discord server.
2. Click on the down arrow icon and select Invite People option.
3. Copy the generated link after checking the Set this link to never expire option.
Why are My Discord Invites Invalid?
When you are encountering the issue where the Discord permanent invite link keeps expiring, knowing the root cause of it can be very helpful. There could be several reasons why your Discord invites are invalid:
- Expired: Discord invites have an expiration date, which is set by the server owner. If the invite has expired, it will no longer work. This may be the reason why Discord link is invalid or expired.
- Revoked: The server owner or an administrator may have revoked the invite, which means it will no longer work.
- Max Uses Reached: Discord invites have a maximum number of uses. If that limit has been reached, the invite will no longer work.
- Banned: You may have been banned from the server, which means you will no longer be able to join using an invite.
- Invalid Link: Make sure that the invite link you are using is correct and complete. Sometimes, if the link is incomplete or missing characters, it may not work.
- Network issues: You may also be encountering the issue where the Discord permanent invite link keeps expiring as a result of network issues.
- IP address issue: A common reason for encountering this issue is due your current IP address. In this case, it is necessary to change your IP address using a VPN. You can find out more on this by reading below.
If you are wondering why does my Discord link keeps expiring, you can follow a number of methods to fix it. You can try any of the methods below and see if it fixes the issue for you.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
A fix you can follow is to troubleshoot your internet connection. In order to do this, you can restart your router/modem. You have to unplug the power cord of your router/modem and wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Wait until the lights stabilize before trying to use the Discord invite link again. Likewise, ensure that your device is connected to the internet by opening a web browser and navigating to a website. If the website doesn’t load, your internet connection may be down. You can check out this article on how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10.
Method 2: Wait for Server Uptime
When encountering an invalid invite code, it is crucial to verify the status of the Discord servers as the issue may stem from server problems. The server status may be the reason for asking why does my discord link keeps expiring. It is possible that the issue is solely on the server’s end, and in such cases, the best course of action is to wait until the servers are operational again. You can go to the official Discord server status page.
Method 3: Clear Discord Cache
Your Discord client may be using an old cache that is causing issues. This may result in the Discord invite becoming invalid. Therefore, a fix you can follow is to clear the cache. You can follow the steps below to do this:
1. Close the Discord app completely.
2. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
3. Type %appdata%\discord in the text box and click OK.
4. Right-click on the discord folder and click on the delete option.
5. Again, open the Run dialog box.
6. Type %localappdata%\discord in the text box and click OK.
7. Right-click on the discord folder and click on the delete option.
Method 4: Use VPN Server
Sometimes, Discord may block invites from certain IP addresses. If you are wondering why does my Discord link keeps expiring, you can try using a VPN to connect to a different IP address and see if that resolves the issue. There are a plethora of different VPNs that you can use for this purpose. Here is a guide on how to set up a VPN on Windows 10.
Method 5: Generate Another Invite Link
A fix that you can also follow is to generate another invite link. The current invite link being inactive may be the answer to why are my Discord invites invalid. Likewise, the previous invite link may no longer be working. In this case, generating a new and active invite link can fix the issue.
1. Open the Discord Desktop app and click on the server where a person is to be added.
2. Click on the downward arrow to bring down the server menu.
3. Click on the Invite People option.
4. In the pop-up window, click on the Copy button.
Note: You can also check the box next to Set this link to never expire to ensure that the invite link is always active.
Also Read: How To Share Discord Profile Link
Method 6: Contact Discord Support
If none of the above steps work, reach out to Discord support for further assistance. If you don’t know why Discord link is invalid or expired, they may be able to help you resolve the issue. Likewise, they can provide more information about what is causing the problem. Overall, it can be very helpful to report your issues to the support team.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn about the reason why does my Discord link keeps expiring and how to fix it. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.