While Discord servers often flourish on shared interests and conversations among users, the icon undoubtedly is an important visual component that represents the identity and distinguishes them from others. Choosing the right size can improve both its overall appearance and functionality. So, let’s find out the ideal Discord server icon size to make it more visually appealing to members.
Table of Contents
What is the Recommended Discord Server Icon Size?
The recommended size for a Discord server icon is at least 512 x 512 pixels to ensure a crisp and clear resolution across various devices and resolution, without sacrificing loading speed. Images less than that will be automatically resized and might not display as intended.
Whether it’s a specific community logo or a creative design, it is important to adhere to the recommended dimensions and aspect ratio of 1:1 to make sure that the icon is properly centered and visible.
Moreover, the maximum file size for a server icon is 8 MB, and the file format supported by Discord is JPG, PNG, or GIF.
Also Read: Where is the QR Code on Discord?
How to Change Discord Server Icon
Although Discord gives you the option to add a custom icon at the time of creating a server if you haven’t yet added any or want to change the old one, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Discord and select the server you want to change the icon for.
2. Tap on the three horizontal dots icon next to the server’s name and select Settings from the pop-up.
3. Tap on the existing server icon and select a new one from the device gallery.
4. Adjust the image as preferred and tap on the tick icon at the top-right corner.
That is it. The new server icon will be successfully applied.
How to Get an Animated Discord Server Icon
Animated icons are indeed catchy and interesting. However, Discord only allows those users to set animated server icons that have their Level 1 Perks unlocked. You can upgrade to Discord Nitro to get 2 server boosts and unlock the Level 1 perk. If you do not want to pay for it, do check out our guide on 6 Ways to Get Free Discord Nitro.
Discord supports GIFs as animated icons for a server. Once you have the Nitro unlocked, follow the steps:
1. Launch the GIFER website on any browser.
2. Search and select an animated GIF as preferred.
3. Tap the three horizontal dots icon under the GIF and choose Download GIF from the menu.
4. Tap on Download again in the pop-up, if any, to confirm.
After downloading the GIF, you can set it as the server icon following the steps mentioned above under the heading How to Change Discord Server Icon.
Also Read: How Long Does Discord Nitro Boost Last?
How to Make an Animated Discord Icon
There are multiple online tools and websites such as Kapwing, that can help you make GIFs of your own choice. These GIFs can be then downloaded and further used as animated logos for your Discord server.
Follow the steps below:
1. Visit Kapwing.com and first Create an account or Sign In if you have one already.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top right corner.
3. Tap on Video Tools, scroll down, and select Online GIF Maker from the menu.
4. Tap on Make a GIF.
5. Now, either tap on the Press to upload option or you can paste any video URL at the box below.
6. Once all the editing and customization are done, tap on Export at the top-right corner.
7. Now select GIF under Format and choose the Resolution as preferred.
8. At the bottom tap on Export as GIF.
9. Wait until the file is exported and then tap on the Download option.
10. Tap on Download again if prompted.
That’s it you’re all done! Now you can use this GIF to set an animated server icon on Discord.
Recommended: 16 Best Discord Animated Emoji Maker in 2023
We hope our article helped you discover the recommended size of a Discord server icon. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, then drop them in the comments section given below. For such app-related information, stay tuned to TechCult.