Pinterest is a vast world of content and inspiration.
Although its homepage automatically grabs the post that might interest you, it also helps you connect and follow people who create unique and engaging content.
But if your question is how do I search for someone on Pinterest? Then, we have the answer for you as we bring to you a few easy ways to do the same. Let’s begin.
How Do I Search For Someone on Pinterest
Navigating Pinterest to find or look for a specific person is easier than you think.
Now to connect with your profile and go through their collections, you will need to search for them and there are various ways to do the same.
Method 1: Via Usernames or Names
Names or usernames are the easiest method to find someone on Pinterest. If you know the name or even have a hint of their username, you can easily find them.
1. Open Pinterest on any browser and click on the search bar.
2. Type their name or username and hit Enter.
3. Click on the Filter icon as shown in the image and select the Profiles option to see all users with that name or username.
Method 2: Via Saved Posts or Pins
You can access someone’s profile on Pinterest via their pins if you have saved any of it earlier.
1. Click on your profile picture on the top-right and then move to the Saved tab.
2. Now browse through your pins, open the one they created, and then click on the name of the creator to visit their profile.
You can find more creators on Pinterest via your saved or the home feed pins.
Method 3: Via Hashtags
It works best if you are looking for someone who creates and posts pins that are of your likes on Pinterest. All you need is to use hashtags that might be relevant to their posts.
1. Open Pinterest and click on the search bar at the top.
2. Type any hashtag of your preference and press Enter to find posts related to it. Open any pin and look for the creator.
Method 4: Via Comments
Since Pinterest is like a community, a lot goes over a post in the form of comments back and forth.
You will be surprised how many new creators you can find in the comment section of pins in your home feed.
1. Open Pinterest and open any pin of your choice.
2. Scroll down and look for the comments.
3. Click on the name of the commentator to visit their profile.
Method 5: Followers and Following of Other Users
You can also find many a person on Pinterest from someone else’s profile who you think is most likely to follow or be followed by them.
1. Navigate to your speculated Pinterest profile.
2. Click on Followers and go through the list to check if you can find your target user. Similarly, also check the Following list.
Methods 6: Join Boards from Other Creators
Group boards are another place where creators with great talent come and share their creations.
1. Open Pinterest and go to the profile of any creator you follow.
2. Move to the Saved tab.
3. Choose a board of your liking and simply scroll down to pins and their commentators.
Method 7: Via Homepage
Pinterest refreshes every time and loads new pins. You can find tons of creators from your homepage alone. So, open Pinterest and click on Home to refresh the feed and discover new creators.
Additional Way to Search for Some People on Pinterest App
If you want to search for any of your contacts on Pinterest or find someone’s account using their phone number, you can absolutely do that.
Note: Your contact also must have enabled the Sync Contacts option for you to find them.
1. Open Pinterest and go to Profile.
2. Tap the bolt (Settings) icon at the top right corner and then on Privacy and data.
3. Turn on the toggle for the Sync your contacts option.
4. Now open the Contacts app and then the address book of the person whom you want to find on Pinterest.
If they also have enabled Sync Contacts, you can find the link to their profile there.
How to Follow Someone on Pinterest on Android and iPhone
Only finding someone on Pinterest isn’t enough to get their latest content on the platform. You must also follow them.
1 Open Pinterest and navigate to the profile you wish to follow.
2. Tap on the Follow button.
Note: You can also directly follow a creator via pins. Just open the Pin and you can find the Follow option next to their username.
Also Read: How to Find Twitter Contacts on iPhone
We hope our guide helped you search and follow people on Pinterest and get access to their pins and creative boards.
If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section.
Stay tuned to TechCult for more such app-related tips and tricks.