If you come across an interesting Twitter thread, you might want to keep it for a longer time. But how can you save a Twitter thread? Is it even possible? The short answer is Yes! While Twitter doesn’t have an explicit save thread feature, there’s a function called Bookmark that can act in a similar way. In this article, we’ll explore the various ways to save Twitter threads effectively.
3 Quick Ways to Save Twitter Threads
You may come across many methods on the internet that claim to save Twitter threads, but most of them don’t work at all. In the following sections, we’ll discuss the working methods to save the threads. Towards the end, we’ll also learn how to save your own thread as a draft, which can be helpful when you want to publish your tweets later. So, let’s begin!
Can You Save a Twitter Thread?
Yes, you can save a Twitter thread using multiple techniques. Twitter itself provides the option to save threads as drafts, allowing you to edit or publish them at a later time. Additionally, there are third-party tools and applications designed to help you manage and preserve your threads more efficiently.
Method 1: Save Twitter Thread as Bookmark
One Twitter feature that often goes unnoticed is the ability to bookmark tweets, including Twitter threads. Here’s how you can use it to save interesting threads:
1. Launch the Twitter app and locate the Twitter thread you want to keep.
2. Look for the bookmark icon and tap on it.
3. To see those bookmarks in the future, tap on your profile logo.
4. Tap on Bookmarks. Here, you can find all your saved threads.
Method 2: Download Twitter Thread as PDF
Downloading a Twitter thread as a PDF can be useful for offline access or sharing outside the platform. Below are several methods to achieve this:
1. Using Thread Reader App
The Thread Reader App is another useful tool for saving Twitter threads as PDFs. Here’s how to use it:
1. In Twitter, locate the Twitter thread you want to save and tag @threadreaderapp in a new tweet.
2. Use the unroll command in the same tweet, and tap on Reply.
3. You’ll receive a link to the unrolled thread. It may take a few minutes. You can check it in your Twitter Notifications section.
4. Tap the link to access the thread and choose the Save this thread as PDF option after authorizing your account to download the entire thread for offline reading.
2. Using Readwise
Readwise is a handy service that helps you track Twitter threads and more. It works well with Kindle, Pocket, Instapaper, iBooks, and others. There’s a month’s free trial, but after that, it costs $4.49 per month.
To download a Twitter thread as a PDF using Readwise, follow these steps:
1. Open the Twitter thread you wish to keep and tag @readwiseio in a new tweet.
2. Use the save command in the same tweet, and tap on Reply.
The thread will be saved directly to your Readwise account for future reference.
3. Using Print to Save Twitter Thread as PDF
If none of the above methods work, and you’re on a Windows or Mac device, you can use the print command to save a Twitter thread as a PDF. However, keep in mind that this method may not save the entire thread in one copy, as it might split the content across multiple pages. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open your favorite browser like Chrome.
2. Log in to your Twitter account and open the Twitter thread you want to save as a PDF.
3. Press Ctrl + P (Windows) or Command + P (Mac) on your keyboard.
4. If the thread is not displaying correctly, then type ?lang=en in the website link in the browser. After doing so, follow the same steps as above.
5. Choose the Save option on the print menu.
The chosen page will be saved as a PDF on your device.
Method 3: Save Twitter Thread as a Draft
Drafts act as a repository where you can store your threads and return to them later for editing, refining, or scheduling. Saving a Twitter thread as a draft allows you to capture your thoughts, ideas, or content without the pressure of immediate posting.
Follow these steps to keep a Twitter thread as a draft:
1. Open the Twitter app and tap on the plus icon (+).
2. Tap on the feather quill icon to compose your Twitter thread.
3. Craft your first tweet, and then tap on the plus icon (+) at the bottom right corner to add more tweets, creating a sequential thread.
4. To save the thread, tap the X icon located in the top-left corner of the composer.
5. Now, tap on Save, and your thread will be safely stored as a draft.
Also Read: How to Delete All Likes on Twitter
How to See Twitter Drafts
If you have saved your Twitter thread as a draft but don’t know how to access it, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Launch Twitter and tap on your profile icon.
2. Tap on Profile.
3. Tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
4. Then, tap on Drafts.
By following these steps, you can easily manage all of your Twitter threads that you have kept in the drafts section.
We hope these different ways have helped you save Twitter threads. Please let us know which one was the easiest and worked for you. If you have any other queries or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.