When you switch to a new Android phone, one of the first tasks is often transferring your contacts. Manually inputting each contact can be time-consuming and prone to errors, which is why learning how to transfer contacts from one Android device to another is essential. In this guide, we’ll walk you through various methods to seamlessly transfer your contacts, ensuring that your new Android device has all the important contact information you need. Whether you’re upgrading your phone or switching to a different Android model, let’s make the contact transfer process quick and straightforward.
5 Ways to Transfer Contacts to a New Android Phone
Method 1: Syncing Contacts With Google Account
This method is the most convenient and straightforward way in which you can transfer contacts to a new Android phone. Syncing your phone contacts with your Google account can prove to be a blessing in disguise in case you lose access to your contacts at a different storage feature.
You can even sync your contacts between two devices if the same Google account is logged-in on both devices. This method will automatically stay in effect if you remain logged-in into your device at all times. Let us learn how to go about this method in a simple manner:
1. First, go to the Settings application and navigate to Accounts.
2. Next, navigate to your Google account. In case you are not signed in on your Google account, ensure that you sign-in with your login credentials at first.
3. Here, select the Account Sync option. Switch on the toggle for Contacts. This will ensure that your contacts are in sync with your Google Account.
After this step, you can check the list of contacts to ensure that the contacts have synced in your new phone properly.
Also Read: How to Turn ON OK Google on Android Phone
Method 2: Back-Up and Restore Contacts File
This is a manual method that can be employed to transfer contacts to new Android phone. If your device does not offer Google and its associated services, this method will suit you best.
However, we will be explaining this method with the help of the Google Contacts application, owing to its immense popularity and peak usage amongst users.
1. Open the Contacts application and go to Menu.
2. Here, tap on the Settings option.
3. Scroll down to reach the Manage Contacts option. Under it, you will find the Export option.
4. Next, tap on it to receive a prompt that asks the user to choose the desired Google account for back-up.
5. After this step, the Downloads window will open. At the bottom of the page, in the lower right corner, tap on Save to save the contacts in a contacts.vcf file.
The next step to transfer contacts to new phone involves copying this file to a USB drive, any cloud service, or your PC.
6. In the new phone, open the Contacts application again and go to Menu.
7. Open Settings and navigate to the Manage Contacts option. Tap on the Import option here.
8. A display box will open now. Tap on the .vcf file option here.
9. Go to the Downloads section and select the contacts.vcf file. Your contacts will get copied to the new phone successfully.
Now, all your contacts are successfully transferred to your new phone.
Method 3: Transfer Contacts Via SIM Card
While attempting to transfer contacts to a new phone, a prevalent method is transferring your contacts to your SIM card and obtaining all your contacts conveniently. Let us take a look at the steps involved in this method:
1. First, open the default Contacts application on your phone.
2. Then, navigate to Settings and select the SIM Card Contacts option.
3. Here, tap on the Export option to transfer the contacts to a preferred SIM card of your choice.
4. After this step, remove the SIM card from the old phone and insert it in the new phone.
5. In the new phone, go to Contacts and tap on the Import option to transfer contacts to a new phone from the SIM Card.
You will able to view the contacts on the new phone after a short while.
Method 4: Transfer Contacts Via Bluetooth
This is yet another method that is used by the majority of people to transfer contacts in a mass manner. While attempting to transfer contacts to a new Android phone, one can take help of Bluetooth to do this task as well.
1. First, go to the Contacts application on your device.
2. Go to Settings and tap on the Import/Export Contacts option.
3. Here, choose the Send Contacts option.
4. Under this category, select Bluetooth and transfer contacts to a new phone. It is also mandatory to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
Method 5: Transfer Contacts Using Third-Party Applications
Apart from the methods mentioned above, users can also install third-party applications from the Google Play Store to transfer contacts to a new Android phone in an efficient manner. One such application is Mobile Trans.
Transferring your contacts through this application is completely safe and reliable. No loss of data will occur. A complete guarantee regarding the success of this process is also offered.
Recommended: Remove Your Old Or Unused Android Device From Google
These methods are some of the most common ways which can be undertaken to transfer contacts to a new Android phone, in a very simple and lucid manner. It can make the entire process of transferring contacts a breeze and remove all kinds of hassles involved.