Snapchat and Shazam joined forces to bring a music feature to the messaging app. Shazam helps identify songs in photos, but it might stop working if Snapchat is not updated to the latest version. In this guide, we will explore other possible reasons and solutions for this issue. Keep reading to learn more.
Table of Contents
Snapchat Shazam Not Working
With the Shazam feature on Snapchat, you can identify music without leaving the app. It works just like the regular Shazam app, allowing you to the artist and song name from someone’s Snapchat video directly. However, if you are having issues with this music app, don’t worry! Just follow the steps below and read the entire article for helpful solutions.
Update Snapchat and get Shazam working again with these steps:
1. Open Google Play Store on your device and tap on Manage apps & device.
2. Under Updates available, tap on See details.
3. Finally, locate Snapchat from the list and tap on Update next to it.
Reasons Why Snapchat Shazam is Not Working
- Internet Issues
- Outdated App
- Temporary Glitch
- Corrupt Cache Files
Now that you are aware of the possible reasons behind the music app not working, it is time to look into a few fixes to get it resolved. So, let’s begin!
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issue
Users may have internet issues which cause some problems accessing features on Snapchat. To resolve the issue, you can connect your device to a stable data connection or try to troubleshoot the issue on the current network. To know more about it, please check our informative guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Android.
Method 2: Re-Login to Snapchat
Users can also try to re-login to Snapchat to fix Shazam not working on smartphones. Follow these steps to re-login on the app:
1. Open Snapchat on your mobile and tap your profile icon.
2. Select the Settings icon at the top of the right corner.
3. Tap Log Out and tap Yes.
4. Now, to re-login, Log In using your credentials.
Also Read: How to Shazam on Snapchat
Method 3: Clear App Cache
Clearing the app cache means getting rid of saved data and information from an app. Sometimes, this saved data can cause issues with Snapchat features, like Shazam not working correctly. So, try getting rid of this cache and to do so, read our guide on How to Clear cache on Android.
Method 4: Update Snapchat
Updating Snapchat can also fix Shazam not working as an outdated version is prone to possible glitches and viruses. To update Snapchat, follow the steps given below:
1. Open Google Play Store on your mobile.
2. Select your Profile icon on the right side of the corner.
3. Tap on Manage apps & device.
4. Under Updates available, tap on See details.
5. Find Snapchat from the list and tap on Update.
Method 5: Update Device
Users may also face this problem when they don’t update their mobile to the new version. So, you can follow the steps given below to update your mobile.
1. Open Settings on your mobile.
2. Scroll down and select System update.
3. Select Continue download.
4. Tap on Continue to start the Update.
Also Read: How to Use Shazam Song on Instagram
Method 6: Reinstall Snapchat
If nothing else works, you can consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. This can help get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing problems. By following these steps, you can reinstall a fully-working version of Snapchat:
1. Open Settings and select Apps.
2. Under Apps, tap on See all apps.
3. Select All apps on your mobile.
4. Open Snapchat from the list and tap on Uninstall.
5. Select OK to Uninstall the app.
6. Open Google Play Store next, search Snapchat and tap Install.
Finally, login to your account and check if the Shazam feature is now working fine.
Does Shazam Not Work on Snapchat Anymore?
Shazam has undergone a transformation, and you might have noticed its absence on Snapchat. Now, it has been rebranded as Snapchat Music. So, if you’re looking for familiar features as Shazam, you can find them under this new name on Snapchat!
Does Snapchat Notify You If You Use Shazam?
Yes, Snapchat notifies you if you use Shazam.
This brings us to the end of our guide on Snapchat Shazam not working. We hope that our doc answered all your doubts regarding this music feature and how it works. You can share your queries and suggestions with us by leaving them in the comments section below.