Sharing a post on your Instagram story is a dynamic way to engage with content and share your favorite moments with your followers. Whether it’s a post from your feed, a friend’s account, or a brand you love, incorporating these posts into your story can add variety to your content and highlight what interests you. This guide will provide you with simple, step-by-step instructions on how to share a post to your Instagram story.
How to Share Posts From the Instagram Feed to Stories
To know how to share an Instagram post to your story with the newly updated feature, follow these steps:
Note: You can just select any post and follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Launch the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the desired post from your profile.
4. Tap on the share icon below the post you have selected.
5. Tap on Add post to your story.
6. Resize or edit the post from the available edit options and tap on the next arrow icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
7A. Select the Your Story radio button and tap on the Share option to share your post as an Instagram story.
7B. Or tap on Your story below the post to share it as a story.
This is how posts are shared as Instagram story with the newly updated feature.
Also Read: How to Share Full Reels on Instagram Story
Why Can’t You Share a Post to Your Instagram Story?
Here are some reasons why you can’t share post to story Instagram:
- The post you have selected does not have permission to share with everyone.
- You might have been blocked by the user whose post you are trying to share.
- There might occur some error while sharing the post or can be a server problem or an app glitch.
- You might be using the outdated version of the Instagram app.
- It can also be that your device is not updated, and hence, you don’t have the share post to story option.
How to Share a Post to Your Story If You Are Unable to Share It Directly?
To know how to share a post to your story if you are unable to share it directly, then just follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > desired post > share icon.
3. Then, tap on the Add post to your story and edit the post the way you want for the story.
4. Tap on the next arrow icon >Your story.
You can select any post on Instagram to upload to your story. This is how to share a post to your story if you are unable to share it directly.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
We hope that you learned about how to share a post on Instagram story. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.