Imagine a world where your virtual assistant responds to a nickname, tailored specifically to your personal preferences. Get ready to say goodbye to the generic OK Google and welcome the individuality of unique names like Charlie, Benzie, or Buzo. By following a few simple steps, you can change the nickname for Google Assistant and replace it with something more meaningful. So, if you want to make your digital companion truly your own, read this article till the end.
Table of Contents
How to Give Nickname for Google Assistant
If you’re tired of saying OK Google every time you want to use Google Assistant, this guide is for you. Learn how to escape the monotony and discover a more personalized way to interact with your virtual assistant. Let’s get started!
Can I Name My Own Google Assistant?
Yes, you can change the name of your Google Assistant. Although Google does not offer such a feature as of now, users can still make use of apps like AutoVoice and Tasker.
We all have the urge to change its name to something more personal. However, things can get complicated since Google does not allow users to do so. Luckily, with the help of Open Mic+, you can easily learn how to nickname Google Assistant in these simple steps:
1. Open the Google browser app on your Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the profile picture at the top right corner.
3. Next, choose Settings and tap on Google Assistant from the menu.
4. Choose Voice Match and toggle on Hey Google.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Google Assistant and open Google Play Store.
6. Download OK Google Voice Commands (Guide) on your device and launch it.
7. Complete the basic setup process to get started with the real stuff and tap on the edit icon beside Say Okay Google.
8. Enter your preferred name and tap Set.
Now you are all set to use Google Assistant with a new name.
How to Change Nickname of Google Assistant
If you accidentally set your nickname to something that you no longer like, then you can change it as per your preference. Here is how to change the nickname Google Assistant on Android:
1. Say Ok Google Open assistant settings.
2. Find Basic info and tap on it.
3. Tap on Nickname.
4. Change the nickname by tapping on the editing icon.
We hope that our guide has resolved your query on how to set a nickname for Google Assistant. If you still have any doubts then don’t forget to ask them in the comment section and our team will answer them.