The best part of living in the 21st century is that you have multiple choices for almost everything. Whether a TV or a Smartphone, you will get different options from various brands. Not only this, you will have to select what model you want to buy for your TV or Smartphone. At times, it becomes difficult to decide what you exactly want to choose. But do not worry if you are about to purchase a TV and wondering is Nanocell better than OLED. Because in this article, we will be telling you difference between NanoCell and OLED that is Nanocell vs. OLED, is NanoCell worth it. So please keep reading to know about it.
Table of Contents
NanoCell vs. OLED: Which is Better?
We will begin with basics and later answer questions such as is NanoCell better than OLED, NanoCell vs. OLED, is NanoCell worth it, and many other questions that you have in mind.
What is a NanoCell TV?
As the name of NanoCell TV suggests, it uses nanoparticles. Wondering for what purpose it uses nanoparticles? It uses nanoparticles to remove impurities and achieve better colour filtering. By doing this, it will enhance the purity of red and green colours, which will be displayed on your NanoCell TV.
What is OLED TV?
OLED stands for organic light-emitting diode. If your TV is OLED, it will have thin carbon-based film built into the screen, and it will light up when electricity hits the organic material.
Also Read: Why Does Your TV Remote Control Your LED Lights?
What is Difference Between NanoCell and OLED?
We have presented a table below that will give you an understanding of difference between NanoCell and OLED in a better manner. So keep reading to know about NanoCell vs. OLED:
|Image quality||The image presented on the NanoCell TV will have vibrant colour. Apart from this, more brightness will be offered by NanoCell TV.||The images presented on OLED TV are the most lifelike as it reflects true light. Also, it offers perfect blacks because the pixels here are not backlit.|
|Power consumption||NanoCell TVs require constantly running backlight, so they use more power than OLED. But this does not mean the gap in power consumption is significant. So, you can go for NanoCell TV if you like its other features.||OLED TVs are more energy efficient; wondering why? Because they do not have a constantly running backlight.|
|Price||It is cheaper than OLED TV||It is costlier.|
Is NanoCell Better than OLED?
OLED TV is generally considered superior to LED TVs because:
- OLED TVs provide more quality images than NanoCell TVs since they have profound blacks and vibrant colours.
- OLED TVs have a thin screens.
- If you like to play games on TV, then OLED TVs can be an excellent choice because most OLED screens have quick response time and minimal input lag.
- OLED TVs often use less energy because they do not need a backlight that always runs.
But this does not mean NanoCell is not better than OLED because:
- It is cheaper than OLED TV. Thus, NanoCell is affordable.
- No risk of burn-in is there.
- If you want to use your NanoCell TV in a brighter room, this will be a perfect choice.
So, the answer to the question is NanoCell better than OLED will vary from person to person as per their requirement.
Is NanoCell Worth It?
Yes, NanoCell TVs are worth it. The reasons for it are presented below:
- Compared to other LED TVs, NanoCell offers superior dynamic range and visual quality with vibrant, accurate colours.
- NanoCell TVs are cheaper than OLEDs.
- Unlike conventional LCD screens, NanoCell TVs do not fade.
- Wide-angle viewing is possible with NanoCell TVs up to an angle of 178 degrees.
- A NanoCell TV perfect colour reproduction yields a clear, finely detailed image.
- If left on a static image for an extended period, NanoCell TVs do not experience burn-in.
Also Read: How to Connect Note 5 to TV Without Wi-Fi
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the disadvantages of OLED TV?
Ans. The disadvantages of OLED TVs are that they are susceptible to burn-ins, costlier than NanoCell and offer average brightness levels.
Q2. Which is better, NanoCell or OLED?
Ans. To know about it refer to the above article.
Q3. Is Netflix free on Smart TV?
Ans. No, you need to take the subscription if you want to access the content. But you can download it for free on your Smart TV.
- Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling: Is It Worth Turning On?
- Google Chrome vs Samsung Internet: Which Android Browser is Better?
- How to Uninstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Android TV?
We hope this article helped you understand the difference between NanoCell vs. OLED. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.