Teams is the most popular business messaging app. It is commendable how the service has maintained a consistent evolution that reflects Microsoft commitment to enhancing the messaging experience. It has developed a floating window feature so that users can multitask while attending their Teams meetings. It also enables users to view them in a movable window on their devices to create a place for other apps. In this article, we will go through the details of the Microsoft Teams Floating Window feature.
Table of Contents
Can You Pop Out Windows in Teams?
Yes, you can pop out any meeting window or chat window by using the upper-side arrow icon in Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams Floating Window
The floating window feature in Microsoft Teams creates a different movable window to separate meetings and chats from the main application window. As a result, you can continue working on additional tasks while keeping the meeting tab open and accessible. With the help of this function, it is easy to reach key buttons like mute and unmute.
Here are some steps so that you can easily use the floating window feature of the platform:
1. Join a meeting on Microsoft Teams.
2. Activate the floating window by pressing the upside arrow.
3. Move and resize the window by dragging its edges or corners.
How to Disable Microsoft Teams Floating Window
Even though the Floating Window is a useful feature, some users might want to turn it off sometimes. Below are some steps to fix Microsoft Teams floating window:
1. Click on your profile on the Teams app.
2. Click on Settings and then go to General.
3. Uncheck the box for Register Teams as the chat app for Office.
4. Restart Microsoft Teams.
How to Turn Off Microsoft Teams Pop-Up
If the Teams window keeps popping up, it might be annoying or disruptive for some users. But you have the option to disable them. To fix Microsoft Teams floating window, follow the below steps:
1. Open the Microsoft Teams app and click on the three dots on the left side of your profile.
2. Click on the Settings option.
3. Open the Notifications tab, select Chat, and then click on Edit.
4. Here, disable your desired pop-ups for messages, mentions, and other activities.
Now that you know all about Floating Window Microsoft in Microsoft Teams, we believe multitasking will not seem difficult and you can best use your productive hours. If you have any other questions, feel free to drop them in the comments section.