Telegram is a popular messaging app that requires a phone number to sign up. However, there are many users who have concerns about sharing their personal information, which makes them wonder how to use Telegram without a phone number. While it is not possible to sign up without registering your mobile number, there are numerous alternative methods that you can use to avoid providing your contact details. Read this article to get the details of these methods.
How to Use Telegram Without a Phone Number
Telegram requires a phone number to verify your identity and to ensure that the person behind an account is an actual person. However, if you are concerned about your privacy and don’t want to use Telegram with your contact number, then you can follow the methods given in the guide below.
Can You Use Telegram Without a Phone Number?
No, you cannot. However, some alternative methods can help you avoid using your actual phone number from apps such as; Google Voice, Burner, Text Free, or ReceiveSMS.
Method 1: Using ReceiveSMS
ReceiveSMS is a free-of-charge website that offers virtual and real phone numbers that allow you to receive SMS messages online. With the help of this website, you can create a telegram account without providing your phone number.
1. Open Google Chrome and visit the ReceiveSMS website.
2. From here, select any location.
3. Next, choose any phone number from the list and enter this number in your Telegram Set-up field.
4. To reveal the message, tap on Read SMS next to your phone number.
5. Here you will see an eleven-digit code number, simply copy the given code.
6. Lastly, paste it into your Telegram while creating an account.
Method 2: Using Landline
If you don’t want to use a website like ReceiveSMS, you can use a landline number to create an account on Telegram. This is one of the effective methods. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Telegram app on your device.
2. Now, select your country code and enter your landline number.
3. Wait for the phone call from Telegram on the number provided.
Note: Landline does not receive texts. Instead, you will receive a call from a telegram team.
4. Once you answer the call, you will hear an automated voice message that will provide you with a code. Simply enter the code into Telegram.
That’s it, once your number is verified you can enter your name, and add your profile to complete the rest of the setup.
Method 3: Using TextNow
With the help of the TextNow app, you can make calls and send an SMS over Wi-Fi.
Here’s how to do it:
2. Tap on the SIGN UP option and select ALLOW to access your location.
3. Lastly, select any free number provided by TextNow to make a telegram account easily.
4. Now, you can enter the TextNow phone number to verify your Telegram account.
Also Read: How to Remove Contacts in Telegram
Do You Need a Phone Number to Use Telegram?
Yes, you need a phone number to use Telegram, but only during the set-up process to verify your account. Once your account is verified, you can message anyone and join groups without needing a phone number. It is important to use Telegram with a phone number because it helps ensure that you have only one account and is a real person rather than a bot.
How to Sign Up for a Telegram Account Without a Mobile Number
Telegram doesn’t allow you to sign up for an account without a mobile number. It is necessary to give a phone number for the registration process. However, you can get the fake number to get the verification code.
Although, it is not possible to use Telegram without a phone number, we have given several methods that make it possible. We hope our guide was helpful to you. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below.