The Xbox Game Bar is a built-in Windows feature that allows you to record and stream gameplay, take screenshots, and chat with friends while gaming. It was recently updated to include a new integration with MS Teams, allowing you to stream your gameplay directly to your Teams contacts. This blog post will teach you how to use Microsoft Teams to stream games using Xbox Game Bar.
How to Use Microsoft Teams to Stream Games Using Xbox Game Bar
Using MS Teams to stream games with the Xbox Game Bar is a great way to share your gaming experience with friends, family, or even co-workers. It’s also a convenient way to host gaming parties or collaborate on creative projects. You can learn how to use it by following the steps given below:
Note: Make sure you have the latest version of Windows 11 installed.
1. Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows key + G.
2. Click the Widgets icon in the top left corner of the Game Bar.
3. Click the Microsoft Teams Play Together widget.
Note: If you don’t have the Microsoft Teams Play Together widget installed, you can download it from the Microsoft Store.
4. Sign into Microsoft Teams, if prompted.
5. Select the contact or group that you want to stream to.
6. Click the Go live button.
This is how you can integrate Microsoft Teams into Xbox Game Bar. You can also join a video call while streaming your gameplay. This allows you to see your friends and family as an overlay on top of your game. To do this, simply click the Join video call button in the Game Bar.
Microsoft Teams Game Streaming Option Added to Xbox Game Bar, What is it?
The company has introduced another feature termed the Xbox game bar game streaming for Team’s Microsoft Teams option. It’s a fantastic way of sharing the gaming experience with friends, family, and workmates. It is also very convenient for hosting gaming parties and being part of creative projects.
If you want to use this feature, ensure that your PC is updated to Windows 11. Gamers and streamers will love this as it’s an incredible new feature. This will let you share your gaming experience with friends and relations or cooperate in artistic endeavors.
Here are some of the benefits of using Microsoft Teams to stream games:
- It’s easy to use and accessible to anyone with a Microsoft Teams account.
- You can stream to a large group of people at once, up to 20 people.
- You can join a video call while streaming, so you can see your friends and family as you play.
- It’s a secure platform, so you can be confident that your data is safe.
Also Read: How to Disable Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11
Why Does Microsoft Plan to Replace Discord with Teams?
In the last few years, Microsoft has been trying to position Teams as an alternative platform to Discord, a renowned chat and voice communication application used by gamers among other groups. This was one of the most major moves, making it possible to integrate the Microsoft Teams Play Together widget into the Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11. By doing so:
- Players can broadcast their gaming directly to their friends in Teams; which provides an easy mode of streaming directly to friends or families.
- Microsoft has also been putting more new features in Teams aimed at gamers which include the creation of personalized servers and channels for individual games, integrating teams with popular gaming platforms like Steam and Xbox among others.
- Microsoft is said to be planning a new Teams based heavily on social and gaming features. It expects to introduce a new revised version in the next year or so. This demonstrates beyond doubt that Microsoft intends to replace Discord with its Teams services as it possesses both the financial and technical assets necessary for such a move.
Now that you know how to use Microsoft Teams to stream games using Xbox Game Bar, you’re ready to start sharing your gameplay with your friends. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comment section below.