WhatsApp wasn’t limited to personal use only, but also for professional chats. And for users who wanted a line between both, WhatsApp Business came to the rescue in 2018, packed with more business-centric features. However, it’s true that having two separate apps and accounts isn’t always convenient, even though for different purposes. Hence, the feature to use multiple accounts on the same app has always been in demand. Guess what? It’s finally here! In this article, we will show you how to use 2 WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone or iPhone, using only one app. Let’s get into it.
How to Use Two WhatsApp Accounts in One Android Phone
Earlier, even if you did not want to create a business account, you could install the same app twice and use two different personal WhatsApp accounts on the same phone. However, convenience and privacy were lost factors. Wouldn’t it be just better if you could switch between chats, without having to exit the app? Well, then let’s go through the steps for adding two WhatsApp accounts on your Android phone:
Note: You need an active second phone number and a SIM card for this, or a phone that supports dual-SIM or eSIM.
1. First, open the Google Play Store, search for WhatsApp, and tap on Update to update it.
2. Tap on the three dots icon (More options) at the top right corner and select Settings.
3. Tap on Account, followed by Add account.
4. Again, tap on Add account beside the plus icon.
5. Select your preferred language, then tap on the Agree and continue option.
6. Select your country, enter your phone number, and tap on Next.
That’s it! You’ll receive a 6-digit OTP on the number you just entered. Enter it to verify and follow the on-screen instructions to add your second account.
How to Use Two WhatsApp Account in One iPhone
You can now also easily have two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. Follow the steps below:
1. Update WhatsApp first, open it, and then tap on Settings,
2. In the Settings menu, tap on Account.
3. Tap on the arrow next to your name, followed by Add account.
4. Tap on Add account, select your preferred language, and then tap on Agree and continue.
5. Select your country, type your phone number, and tap on Next.
6. Enter the 6-digit OTP code to verify and follow the on-screen instructions.
When did WhatsApp Launch the Multiple Account Feature?
WhatsApp announced the release of this multiple accounts feature on 19 October 2023 on their official newsroom website. It also came with an advisory to update and download WhatsApp from official sources only. Users who are not able to access this feature even after updating the app should wait for the next update as some regions receive late updates.
We hope our guide helped you add and use 2 WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone & iPhone. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section below. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such app-related information.